User Tag List

View Poll Results: how long does your string last you?

Voters
1604. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 weeks.

99 6.17%
  • 2 weeks - 1 month

242 15.09%
  • 1-2 months

306 19.08%
  • 2-3 months

279 17.39%
  • 3-6 months

277 17.27%
  • more than 6 months

401 25.00%
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    BG66UM: 2-3 weeks max before I cut
    ZM65: 3-4 weeks max before I cut
    ZM62: 1-2 weeks before it snaps
    Adipower Pro: 2-4 weeks before I cut
    VS850: 2-4 weeks before I cut

I'm more of a control/counter attack player so how the stringbed feels to me is very important. I lose my touch when the strings lose their liveliness/crispness. All tensions are ~24lbs, not higher than 25lbs, not lower than 23lbs.
    Very interesting, my play style is also similar and feel is most important to me.
    I've played with all those strings except for Adipower, and liked them all. And those figures have been my experience as well.

BG66UM and VS850 nice feel and repulsive, but loose tension noticeably after 2 weeks.

ZM62 is great at 23 lbs or less, otherwise it'll break at the first mishit.

ZM65 I'm trying again at 26 lbs... not as crispy as 62, but surely more durable.
    @llpjlau
    How's BG80 compare? In terms of feel, repulsion, tension retention, durability?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to only play with BG80 but that was before I discovered the ZM series. Now BG80 just feels like it lacks power. Maybe it's just too thick for my liking (0.68mm). Even ZM67 cannot compare to ZM65.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to only play with BG80 but that was before I discovered the ZM series. Now BG80 just feels like it lacks power. Maybe it's just too thick for my liking (0.68mm). Even ZM67 cannot compare to ZM65.
    I disagree with you, with BG 80 the power is there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy with the performance of ZM65.

Ive found my ideal tension at 23x24 lbs and it's been lasting me a long time lol.

So far it's lasted around 5 months of 2 games @ 3 hrs each per week.

String tension have dropped a bit but it doesn't bother me much. It has even frayed everywhere and haven't snapped yet. I'm no slouch when it comes to smashing too ( I think )

What's everyone's opinion on ZM65 @ 23x24 lbs? Would it translate to 26-27 lbs on a thicker gauge string, ex: .68mm?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404779571.396866.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  64.8 KB

Hmmm how long will this last on my z slash anyone want to guess? :3, bg 80 @ 25 lbs and the fray is in the SWeetspot

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The good thing about playing plastics is that string fraying like that has little to no impact on the feel... what feel?

If playing feathers, I'd cut that without any hesitation...

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bos_dc2 View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on ZM65 @ 23x24 lbs? Would it translate to 26-27 lbs on a thicker gauge string, ex: .68mm?
    Yeah, 1-2 lbs tighter feel, but not 3 lb.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're playing with the cursed Z-slash, then another month, because it's impossible to hit the sweet spot :P joking
    recently i've found BG66UM to last me longer and longer even though I smash harder and harder.
    o_O
    my strings tend to last a month are so, but when one breaks, the others break on the same night ALWAYS

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    The good thing about playing plastics is that string fraying like that has little to no impact on the feel... what feel?

If playing feathers, I'd cut that without any hesitation...
    I play both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been trying to wreck a bg66um I had strung since 6-7 months ago at 25lbs... can't break, won't break, been trying to give it everything so I can change to another string.

So far I have broken 0 Yonex strings and I cut all of them... Zymax I broke once in 2 lobs from a fresh restring so I suspect its a bad job done by the stringer since its only 2 lobs...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esppy View Post
    Been trying to wreck a bg66um I had strung since 6-7 months ago at 25lbs... can't break, won't break, been trying to give it everything so I can change to another string.

So far I have broken 0 Yonex strings and I cut all of them... Zymax I broke once in 2 lobs from a fresh restring so I suspect its a bad job done by the stringer since its only 2 lobs...
    To me bg 66 ultimax feels very dead so quickly, I love the crispness and sound you get from bg 80 :3 I have bg 80 sky blue strung @ 28 lbs mostly feather :3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you play two rallies per week? It's amazing that you can make BG66UM last that long. At 22 pounds it lasted me less than four months, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDawg View Post
    Do you play two rallies per week? It's amazing that you can make BG66UM last that long. At 22 pounds it lasted me less than four months, I believe.
    I play 2-3 times per week, per session 2 hours. I tend to like smashing so these past weeks whenever I'm using this racquet with the 66um I tend to give it my all in downwards play... and the strings move about sometimes and all that's needed is a re-adjustment back to center. The only gripe I have is that at net area I have lesser control and a slight tap wrongly will drive the bird out. Happened twice to me so far.

I rotate my racquets but been giving the 66um prime time these days (because of experimenting towel grip in a Korean style, now back to my version of LCW wrapping) and been sticking to it throughout. Still won't break. I only managed to make them (Yonex strings) "dead" by losing tension far too much, can't make them break.... I'm starting to doubt myself and my technique even... been doing all sorts of funny things like slicing as well, and as I type now, still intact.

I took it to a stringer 2 weeks ago and he suggested to continue with it for a while, he used a ERT 300 meter and still found the sweet spot to have around 39-42 dynamic tension. By comparison my NR800 with BG80 freshly strung at 26lbs prestretch gives a readout of 50 DT. It was around 25 DT on BG80P before restringing. So yup, he only restrung my NR800.
    @Exert : yeah seems the BG80 is louder than BG80P.. I changed it after it got too soggy/jelly at the bed. Liking the rough texture though. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it helps... here's a picture with flash for current state of string:

Name:  P1050486.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  139.2 KB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the readings reliable though? It's a tennis device and quite often it is unable to detect tennis tensions when they drop too low - badminton would be even lower wouldn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the readings reliable though? It's a tennis device and quite often it is unable to detect tennis tensions when they drop too low - badminton would be even lower wouldn't it?
    No idea frankly... When he whipped it out I'm like whoa... Hahaha

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gcurayag View Post
    I got a ti-10 1st gen. though it has no CODE !! is it fake?? this one was really old and it feels so good to play with. . . though i can feel that the materials is authentic but the problem is that i has no CODE PLS HELP tnx btw im new here LOL
    Wrong thread to post this. Try here
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-are-required)

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast