Help me Choosing racket PLEASE !!!!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by airy emirul, Dec 11, 2012.

1. airy emirul

airy emirul Regular Member

student
    Hi nice to meet u guys I,m looking for a new racket and need some help.Can u identified what type of racket suitable for me.this are the list racket that i have used and review. Mostly played double.Can u recommend any type of brand except racket on this list.Just want something new.My friend suggest me to buy ns9900 or voltric 70 "Please excuse my poor/bad English" :p

Yonex Voltric 80:
    -All superb.But tired to smash..smash speed become slow.maybe because of stiff.But sometimes it produce superb smash.Backhand so hard with this racket.Return smash not bad Control good.I think this racket suitable when i am played single

Kason F9 Twister:

Balance racket.Superbbb smash when used this.But control voltric 80 better than this.Backhand nice.Return smash WOWW. Net played hmm voltric better than this.Need to fast swing with this racket.Need to improve strength for maximum smash speed

Rsl x5 white:
    Idont know why sometimes it give good power sometimes not.Hard to control with this thing.Backhand superb than kason.Return smash same as kason

Victor Brave Sword 09:
    All perfect..This thing give good smash than all racket that i have used.I think this racket same as kason. But i already sold this.arghhh Love this racket Need to fast swing.

2. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

Victor bs09, I suppose, since you think it is perfect.

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Yeah..go for BS09

4. airy emirul

student
    Haha.Other than this racket.just want to try something new

5. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Something "NEW" .... well, go for CARBONEX 20 :) - the ULTIMATE PERFECT RACQUET EVER MADE - even after 28 years, Yonex still dare not discontinue it and Gosen copied it in their latest Ryoga series and Carlton slowly moving back to oval albeit with a lot of fancy name like Circometric, Optimetric ... slowly, one day ... OVALmetric whahahahaha .... you must play with this racquet ONCE in your life and trust me, the moment you execute a perfect smash with this racquet, you know you have found the HOLY GRAIL of badminton racquet ... :D

Of course, the majority of iso-users will vehemently deny this fact - POOR "LOST" SOULS !! :p

#5 maxout, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  6. airy emirul

student
    Ohh come on man.your statement make me want to buy this racket hahaha:D

7. maxout

maxout Regular Member

"Belum cuba belum tahu" (if you have never tried, you will never know) ... as in a Malay saying. I am serious ... I have tested and tried all the Yonex, LiNing and Victor iso racquets you have listed and in the end, I still buy the ONE TRUE WEAPON ... Carbonex 20 (or in Malaysia, Carbonex 20sp) ... it is a "SOLID" RACQUET, when you hit the shuttle, you KNOW you HIT THE SHUTTLE :D ... the "feel" and "communication" between racquet and your hand is "ONE" .... only oval racquets can do this and Cab20 does it BEST !!

If you want to buy, go to Perfect Sport (Racket Word) in Puchong, best offer is 35% off RRP (RM409.90) ... RM266.44 + free BG66UM (or any shop that can offer even better price) ... I know, I have just bought a spare a few weeks ago ... another Cab20sp !!

BTW, with Cab20sp, you don't have string to super high tension to achieve high impact (around 22-23lbs sudah cukup), the OVAL design concentrate the focal point to one tight sweet spot that when you hit it - FUYOH !!!!!!!!!!

Iso racquets are designed to diffuse the sweet spot impact but enlarge the area - hence BIGGER but LESS "ommppphh" sweet spot ... so, to play Cab20sp, you must be GOOD lah !! :rolleyes: :D

#7 maxout, Dec 11, 2012
  8. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

@maxout, your name should change to maxCab20 or Cab20Fan or something like that !!! seriously !!!

9. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Hahaha ... tempting , very tempting ... :D

10. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I have mentioned this before in another post ....

"I have yet to meet another player who has tried the CAB20 and said they did not like it .... the comments I have heard many times is ... old design , old technology, old fashion .... BUT NOT A SINGLE NEGATIVE comments on the smashing power, control, speed, swing, response etc ... of the racquet ... ONLY it is "OLD" this and that ... " :D ... so these young players cannot bring themselves to use their daddies "OLD" racquets and admit that the newer ones are nowhere as close in PERFECT BALANCE and HARMONY ... :rolleyes:

Hahahahaa .... Jedi Knights are also "OLD" and "ANCIENT" .... a LIGHTSABER (Cab20) will beat a BLASTER (iso) anytime for sheer impact and OOOMMMPPHHH of the kill !! ;)

#10 maxout, Dec 11, 2012
  11. airy emirul

student
    i think my friend owned this racket.oval shape.his smash so fast.hard to return his smash.his playing style same as me.hmm better try his racket. Just one question maxout..i dont quite understand about string tension u talk just now..my current tension now is 27 to 28 lb..if i drop it to 22-23 lb is it my feel from 27 lb is not there or it still have if used oval racket..sorry for silly question.just want to know:p

12. maxout

maxout Regular Member

You can continue to string at 27lbs (but Yonex warranty gone !!) however do note that the oval head design will concentrate the power that it will "feel" like +2lbs more ... suggest you try your friend's oval racquet first, ask him what tension he puts then you adjust from there ...

I prefer lower tension at around 22lbs ...

13. airy emirul

student
    Thanks alot for the info max..will try it later..this racket too much mystery la.its like have special umphh inside it..hehehe ..Any update i will posted here

14. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Go try and enjoy , ask your friend to lift a few shots for you TO SMASH, then you will know what I mean about the Cab20 (or Cab21 ... the slighty head heavier brother ) .... :D

15. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

How much is Yonex paying you to spread all this in the forums :)

16. maxout

maxout Regular Member

WHHHHAATTT :eek: ... Yonex is supposed to PAY ME ??? Damn ... I have been short-changed !!!!:mad: :D

Seriously, it is a bloody GOOD and EXCELLENT RACQUET and a pity that majority of players today disregard it just because it is considered "OLD" ...:(

Until today, there is NO RACQUET that can adequately fill its shoes as the ultimate ALL- ROUNDER ... Yonex in 1980s exceeded themselves in producing the Carbonex 20 and now they have a "headache" in making "minor" spinoffs (by using fancy materials) from this perfectly designed and made racquet into Voltrics, Armotecs, Nanospeed, Nanorays ... WHATEVER ....

Just take a Cab20 and let it slug it out with any of its iso-siblings spin-offs .... still none can best its OVERALL QUALITIES ... not bad for an "old fogey" :D

These are ALL STRICTLY MY OPINIONS, of course ... :p

17. airy emirul

student
    Seriously i need try this racket.Please sale this racket to me.hehe.Not enough budget to buy new.hehe(Sudah kena racun) :D

18. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Sorry bro ;), Cab20sp is getting seriously DIFFICULT TO FIND in Malaysia, so far I only know the 3 Puchong shops and Sports Direct (SS13, Subang Jaya) still carry about 1-2 pcs each only and NO plan for more re-order !! :eek: :( ... (siapa cepat dia dapat) ... :p

19. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    asking him for a copy of the cab20 is like asking him for one of his kidneys, hehehe. in fact, i think he would rather give up one of his kidneys than a cab20...hahahaha

20. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Yup, there are MORE KIDNEY DONORS than Cab20 in the market .... :p