User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you guys remove original grip?

Just got Arc10, should I replace another grip or just use the original? Any pro or con using original grip?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep the original grip as well as the plastic that's over it and add an overgrip

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I keep the original grip as well as the plastic that's over it and add an overgrip
    Can we use the original grip? any pro n cons?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you can use the original grip, thats what its there for. I personally don't use it, like yan.v I leave the cellophane on it and put an overgrip on top. Some people don't like to have a big grip so would use the original grip until its worn and then replace the original with a replacement grip.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dollargood View Post
    Can we use the original grip? any pro n cons?
    Original griips are usually of very good quality, especially with Yonex's high end models. So I don't see why you wouldn't use it if you want to

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the cushioning comes mostly from the original grip or a replacement grip if you want to replace the original grip with something else. the tacky feel comes mostly from overgrips.

i usually just keep the original grip, and wrap an overgrip over the original grip with 1/3 overlap so there's a ridge feel to it. for a more comfortable feeling, do 1/2 overlap which means you get to increase the thickness of your grip by two layers of overgrip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally would never remove original grip. It ruins the value of the racket, a yonex racket with a yang yang grip or whatever would be weird. I always just put non sticky overgrip over mine, i have never played with my original grip, it is white (VTZF) and it is still 99.9% white If I were to resell it, people would be happy to buy it at a reasonable price as it seems like brand new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you plan to RESELL later ? If not, then do as you please ... but if you do plan to resell in the future then having the original grip in pristine condition is a PLUS point ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Of course you can use the original grip, thats what its there for. I personally don't use it, like yan.v I leave the cellophane on it and put an overgrip on top. Some people don't like to have a big grip so would use the original grip until its worn and then replace the original with a replacement grip.
    i am just wondering, if you leave the cellophane on when u put an overgrip on top, what happen after a month or two of using the overgrip and when it's time to replace the overgrip? Would the cellophane be all torn and worn?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it off like a band-aid, just commit, then put towel grip on, perfect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original griips are usually of very good quality, especially with Yonex's high end models. So I don't see why you wouldn't use it if you want to
    Quite true, will use it then change after worn off. thks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Do you plan to RESELL later ? If not, then do as you please ... but if you do plan to resell in the future then having the original grip in pristine condition is a PLUS point ...
    Nope. Thks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The original grip is not going to stay clean forever and if you don't want a thicker handle you will have to remove it anyway, either immediately when it is still clean or after it has been worn out/dirty.
    As for "re-sale" value: only for recreational players do they care if the original grip is still on ... [not completely true of course but some are led to believe it mysteriously might be newer than one with equal use without the original grip]
    They are tools to be used and abused ...

Also original ARC10 grips are available like here http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...5#.UMsrBOlVDJ0
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-14-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The original grip is not going to stay clean forever and if you don't want a thicker handle you will have to remove it anyway, either immediately when it is still clean or after it has been worn out/dirty.
    As for "re-sale" value: only for recreational players do they care if the original grip is still on ... [not completely true of course but some are led to believe it mysteriously might be newer than one with equal use without the original grip]
    They are tools to be used and abused ...

Also original ARC10 grips are available like here http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...5#.UMsrBOlVDJ0
    Sp i just carry on using the original grip first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just enjoy yourself and use whichever grip you like best ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never keep the plastic on...it makes the overgrip move around too much when playing.

As for removing the overgrip, it depends on the grip size. Usually I try an overgrip first and if it makes the grip too big then I remove the original grip and use a replacement grip instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really about wat grip size u want....with original grip + overgrip, it's still thicker overall than a replacement grip without original grip....so personally i go for replacement grip without original grip and on the wood, i juz wrap a layer of electrical tape to protect the wood...if i want more spongy feel, i'll wrap another layer of the thin sponge (dunno wat's the actual name of the sponge)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast