Anyone use Victor stringing machine c-7031

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Joycefunk, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Joycefunk

Joycefunk Regular Member

Engineer
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the victor C-7031 machine. I'm a newbie to stringing and was planning on buying a Eagnas combo 6010 for about $1500. But i also know someone that is willing to sell their Victor C-7031. It probably works fine, but not sure what the resell value of the machine would be? Anyone know. Thanks

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Did some googling...

On the GoodChinaShop website (I don't know if it's a reputable seller...I was just looking for the selling price) it's selling for about US$4500. So with shipping...a brand new one would be maybe US$5000??? Your friend/seller may have purchased it at a higher price than that...so take that into consideration (maybe see the bill if you have doubts to how much he paid).

Since it's used...it should be less than that price. How much it is worth is determined by the seller and you. But stringing machines are a niche market...not likely a horde of people are wanting to buy it.

Things to consider are:
    How old the unit is?
    What is the string count (ie. how many strings were done on it...I think there's a counter on it)?
    Is it in need of calibration?
    Does it work (maybe see a demonstration of it working...like test driving a used car)?
    Perhaps ask for a couple free lessons prior to possession.
    Will you be able to recoup the cost in a reasonable time frame?

Good Luck!!!

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Buying a C-7031 costs me more than 4500$ as a retailer, so I'm letting you guess its retail value.

4. Joycefunk

Joycefunk Regular Member

Engineer
    Great! Thanks for the input. Yes, it sounds like a very good machine. If I can get a good deal i will definitely buy it.