User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LXR's threat won't come from any of her well-known rivals who can only hope to catch her on her off day. I'd look to the new crop of up-and-coming,promising youngsters to see who might pose a serious challenge to her in the near future, say, Mitani Minatsu, Nozomi Okuhara, P V Sindhu, Deng Xuan, Sun Yu, for example. For me, I especially like Sun Yu who is said to be in the mould of Wang Yihan with the height and reach.

Understandably, LXR's sudden ascent to the pinnacle has evoked mixed reactions, from being bowled over to grudging acceptance. She herself is aware of that and has said she is determined to do her utmost and start garnering as many titles as possible within the shortest time. And, I hasten to add, she is beginning to live up to her words, collecting her third consecutive world class titles in just two months; many more to come, I believe.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Wang and Yu are two hard smashers; the Danes are not far behind. But both pairs need more than just raw power to win the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid performance from the Danes. Though, they may not win this match but they are slowly becoming a threat esp. having defeated QT/ZYL in the olympics group stage and yesterday
    Last edited by freakout89; 12-16-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched yesterday's match between Saina vs Li xuerui.. Saina really dominated the scene in first two games.. Even crushed li in the second game.. Saina's determination and dedication to work will definitely give her and make her to reach higher levels as soon as possible.. She is just 22. Its too early to say that Li xuerui is unbeatable..!!! Lol. Still they have many years in their career..
    Last edited by scorpion1; 12-16-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang/Yu re-asserting themselves in G2, no chance for the Danes to come back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic performance from Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli. They're going to win, but they had superior tactics on top of Wang Xiaoli's power. I really don't think there more than a few rallies where they allowed Camilla to smash freely and it was always Christina Pederson in the back court.

CHN take it in 2 comfortable games.

Now it's the match I've been waiting for, CL vs Du Pengyu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great performance from Danes in this tournament nonetheless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactim View Post
    Fantastic performance from Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli. They're going to win, but they had superior tactics on top of Wang Xiaoli's power. I really don't think there more than a few rallies where they allowed Camilla to smash freely and it was always Christina Pederson in the back court. CHN take it in 2 comfortable games. Now it's the match I've been waiting for, CL vs Du Pengyu
    I dont think it will be that interesting as CL may want to give some ranking points to DPY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beginning to like WD now....at least the chinese are not as dominant nowadays...still winning the titles but more pairs capable of challenging them...Kamilla played really well but CP was probably tired after her XD win just now....Kamilla needs a better partner for XD now that Thomas Laybourn had retired...she still got it

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shall see if Chen Long is going to play like The Dragon. I doubt he's motivated enough to do so against his compatriot unless it's Lin Dan, and against Lee CW of course.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With nothing else at stake, and DuPY already exceeding his goal by reaching the final and gaining big ranking points, the two will go out and win for themselves. Expect a high quality, exciting match. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Just watched yesterday's match between Saina vs Li xuerui.. Saina really dominated the scene in first two games.. Even crushed li in the second game.. Saina's determination and dedication to work will definitely give her and make her to reach higher levels as soon as possible.. She is just 22. Its too early to say that Li xuerui is unbeatable..!!! Lol. Still they have many years in their career..
    Dominated? Oh please, even the commentators mentioned that LXR was the one dictating the rallies in G1, not SN. She played well no doubt, and her defense was superb in G1, but to say that she dominated is a gross overstatement.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was Zhuangcorp here who pointed out rightly that DuPY doesn't have a lethal smash unilke Chen Long's.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    Dominated? Oh please, even the commentators mentioned that LXR was the one dictating the rallies in G1, not SN. She played well no doubt, and her defense was superb in G1, but to say that she dominated is a gross overstatement.
    Ok friend.. If you are happy saying that, then keep it as such..No Probs.. .. But Saina is the one who was leading till the end.. If that one minute mental toughness was there, definitely she would have taken that game.. Nothing to say about second game .. She dominated the whole scene.. Third game, li xuerui played really well in the second half of the game..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CL ruthless against Du Pengyu, 19-8 in favor of CL.

No hand outs to his lower-ranked companion

CL's superior attack is just too much

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long is The Dragon in G1, no quarters given, routing DuPY, 21-12.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long's smashes are like thunderbolts, The Dragon spewing out fireballs, awesome.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast