Guru Sai Dutt गुरु साई द्त्त्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 16, 2012.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    STILL NO SEPARATE THREAD FOR HIM??? Its really needed for a player who is performing well recently..:)

This promising youngster is proving his talent with his performances recently and improving his style by showing some variations in the game.. :)

D.O.B --- 3-1-1990 -- Age 22

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This player has proved his talent in the final of Tata Open International challenge by beating his compatriot, another promising youngster Sai Praneeth with 21-19 , 21-12 in the board..:)

This is his first victory over Sai Praneeth after 3 losses against him in the previous meetings...:)

CONGRATULATIONS

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    gurusaidutt.jpg
    Promising new youngster :)

4. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    When did they meet each other.tournament software shows no previous meetings..?

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yesterday, i watched the match and the post match presentation ceremony in the television and the subsequent interview of Guru Sai dutt. In that he mentioned about his lost to Sai Praneeth 3 times before(he mentioned one meeting , India Open) and remaining i did not hear it clearly.:(. This is the first time he got a win over Sai Praneeth and he felt happy about it.. It was a wonderful match:). Though Sai Praneeth was a hard smasher, i found guru sai dutt took everything thrown at him and has given powerful body smashes for which Sai Praneeth did not have answer..:) Actor Ranbir kapoor was called as a guest in the post matches ceremony to give away the trophies to the players.. Even Lee Yong Dae got loud applause from the audience whenever his name was announce..:)(People started to know more about badminton after Saina's huge success in the badminton arena???)

#5 scorpion1, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  6. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    How was the audience..?I mean the attendance there..?

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It was not like a big auditorium or something like that since it is an International challenge tournament.. But the hall where the matches did happen got full audience..

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Let's see if this works

305728_290384864327233_1346917238_n.jpg

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Good player. I have watched him but lacks some power to really take control of a rally.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    May be the picture posted here representing Gurusaidutt playing in the courts seems to be taken last year when he participated in HongKong Open 2011.

I think people wont be like the same even after 1 year.. Atleast they would have trained in such a way to play better in the future. Already one year past. So, definitely, he would have past that hurdles.. He will come up quickly and make glory soon and prove all the critics go wrong...

11. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I had watched both of them in the final of some tournament, 3 years back. Sai Praneeth beat him in that. I saw both of them for the first time and had a feeling they'd do good for India in the future. I think GSD's game is way too fast. So if he finishes the match in 2 games, its fine. Else, he struggles too much in the third, if the opponent is good. Sai Praneeth's game is more balanced. But Praneeth somehow struggles to cross qualifier's hurdles before major Superseries'.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah.. Yesterday Sai praneeth struggled a bit against GSD.:( Only way to go for main draw directly without entering the qualifier stage is by improving the ranking. That will be done by participating in many GPGs and International challenge tournaments before going to superseries tournaments . Besides, they can improve their skills by hard training . No need to forget about physical strength. This is very much important for a particular player. They need to concentrate on abdomen and calf muscles . Guru sai dutt is very weak physically.:( He need to hit gym regularly..:)

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I have watched him play in HK two years ago, last year and this year. There is a big difference from 2 years ago to last year but less difference in the past calendar year. Based on my observation last month, I still think he needs to add some power to his game. He could have got past the qualifiers if so. I think his defence is good. He still needs to improve on looking dominant and controlling the opponent.

I have pictures of him for the past three years ;)

#13 Cheung, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    My gosh.. I have even watched him playing for the past two years.. He has improved a lot.:p. Not like somebody is mentioning that he has not improved since last year :rolleyes:. He has tremendous potential which he need to bring out. Need to concentrate on his physical strength.. Once agains, Congrats to him for winning Tata open international title. :)
    All the very best for his future endeavours :) . Encouragement should be there for youngsters, that is missing in some people's mentality.:rolleyes:.. Anyhow, I wish him a fabulous victory in INDIA GPG tounament .

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

who said he has not improved?

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    "http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_tata-open-rmv-gurusaidutt-pc-thulasi-call-the-shots_1778331"

EXCERPTS:

"“It is a big win for me as I finally got to beat Praneeth and also end my title drought. I have lost to him thrice in the past, at the senior nationals, PSPB and All-India ranking tourney in Gujarat. This win has done wonders to my confidence. I have been reaching the quarterfinals and semis but have been unable to turn them into wins. Today, I trusted my fitness and didn’t experiment with my game. My drop shots were effective and I was able to push the pace too,”

Sorry.. Its not India open as i mentioned earlier..:)

17. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Yupp I remember him in last year's HK open.He reached the quarters by beating Du pengyu.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Hi Scorpion. Still quite curious to know who and where said he has not improved.

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    "There is a big difference from 2 years ago to last year but less difference in the past calendar year." - I strictly object.. Because For the past two years he is struggling to beat Sai Praneeth who is not easy meat to beat. This time he has beaten him easily. The way he played in the finals is a proof.. :)
    I think you know who said this..:)

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

OK. I wanted to clarify exactly who you were referring to. Definitely, you are twisting my words because I wrote 'less difference' and that is NOT the same as 'no improvement'.

I do think I have given an objective assessment and his rate of improvement is not as large as before. This is not the same as 'no improvement'. I think you have been over eager in your interpretation of my words and this has cast an unfair negative image of me.

I therefore ask you to retract your statement and false implication of my meaning.

#20 Cheung, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012