APACS Visible Hollow 1800 broke: any suggestions for the next racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by _cat_, Dec 16, 2012.

1. _cat_

_cat_ New Member

Hi,

When I last played, the APACS VH 1800 (strung 24 lbs with Yonex BG 65) I played for last 4 years broke - the shaft and the head just came apart. I am looking for a new racket and your suggestions will be much appreciated. Budget is not much of a concern.

- I play 90% mostly doubles

- I tried top Voltric (very popular racket among the guys I play with) and did not like it; it was too head heavy for me, though I saw that the players who use it improve their smash with it; also I was getting very tired when playing with it - that may improve with time, but still I do not think it is the racket for me; I guess I need a more balanced or maybe even slightly head light racket

- I think I don't really like flexible rackets though I have not tried really high quality ones; the ones I tried felt a bit dumb and not very precise

- I play badminton regularly for some 6-7 years now

- I consider myself mid-range player, though that is very subjective; I do not play tournaments, but I do play with guys who play in those more or less regularly; (though they are far from professionals and never been true professionals, they have the history of being club players or are current club players)

- I have no issues with very strong smash; strong backhand smashes are often difficult
    for me; sometimes my backhand clears are not great either - I guess my technique there is a bit lacking

- my play-style depends on opponents, but it appears that my strong sides are: smash, defense and precise drop-shots

- I was thinking primarily of Arc-Saber range (never had a chance to play one - but the feel of the racket ARC 10 when holding / swinging was fine, whereas ARC 7 was not that great to my surprise, but it could be due to thick handle/ many grips on it) or Nano-Ray / Nano-Speed [I am not very familiar with other brands, as most guys around play with various Yonex gear - I was considered very strange with my APACS; I liked that racket quite a bit and considered at least comparable in quality to those I had a chance to swing]

Thanks for any suggestions!