User Tag List

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strung the racket and compared the specs with the red Arcsaber 10 in 3U-G4. As for the stiffness, there are no differences. The bending under the same weight, is the same. The Arcsaber 11 tends to be a little head lighter, but we are talking about 1 or 2 mm. There are also no visible design differences except for the color. So the improvement is only in the material used. Did not play with it. Have to wait till Sunday.

Also, the racket is allowed to sell here yesterday, and not next thursday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw them both at E-link sports, just arrived. But no price, yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuser View Post
    I wonder why people think there is a difference between different coded racquets. I'm an advanced player and I've tried SP, TH, CD and JP racquets and they don't feel any different.
    which leads to the next question, why are JP coded rackets way more expensive, is it really the exclusivity??? yonex trying to make more money???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    which leads to the next question, why are JP coded rackets way more expensive, is it really the exclusivity??? yonex trying to make more money???
    made with more care and quality

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santhoshbhoopal View Post
    made with more care and quality
    No, that is false.

It wouldn't be anywhere viable to have different production lines.

The only thing that could explain JP coded rackets being supposedly superior would be quality control. Like the top X% of the rackets would be JP coded.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    No, that is false.

It wouldn't be anywhere viable to have different production lines.

The only thing that could explain JP coded rackets being supposedly superior would be quality control. Like the top X% of the rackets would be JP coded.
    I clearly recall reading a thread here that had mention about this, and an explaination for the special sticker that was to be found on JP-coded higher-end (made in Japan) racquets... something about compliance to some MITI standards or anyway, something like that.... kinda like a JP version of ISO certification...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I clearly recall reading a thread here that had mention about this, and an explaination for the special sticker that was to be found on JP-coded higher-end (made in Japan) racquets... something about compliance to some MITI standards or anyway, something like that.... kinda like a JP version of ISO certification...
    I don't remember any thread about this or any concrete proof of JP rackets being better, but thats how I would see how JP rackets are "better".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually this statement is half right, I meant cobalt's statement. Previously Yonex has different quality for the racket, JP always the top too. In this day, all productions, QCs and delivery are come from same country, for eg: high end unit from Japan, mid range from China, low range from Taiwan, so that you can see the different only by model but not the country. Lets said VTZF, comparing TW, SP, CH & JP, all basically are same to me, I cant really feel the difference too in term of performance or outlook. However, in term of warranty, that is the best you can get the one nearest to your country that will speed up the process and ease of your life. I think that is the only different to me so far.

Thanks.
    Jyno

-------------------------------------------
    Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    http://www.facebook.com/HiBadmintonOnline

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loneboy62 View Post
    Actually this statement is half right, I meant cobalt's statement. Previously Yonex has different quality for the racket, JP always the top too. In this day, all productions, QCs and delivery are come from same country, for eg: high end unit from Japan, mid range from China, low range from Taiwan, so that you can see the different only by model but not the country. Lets said VTZF, comparing TW, SP, CH & JP, all basically are same to me, I cant really feel the difference too in term of performance or outlook. However, in term of warranty, that is the best you can get the one nearest to your country that will speed up the process and ease of your life. I think that is the only different to me so far.

Thanks.
    Jyno

-------------------------------------------
    Jyno
    ----snip---
    Let me re-iterate about the JP code for made-in-Japan racquets. The 2-letter codes are distribution codes, but the high-end racquets for all those codes are still manufactured at the Japan factories. What YY does apparently is to select the units (made in Japan) that pass the most stringent QC tests to set aside for the JP code. A racquet that passes those tests would be eligible for the sticker that goes with it. It only has meaning for the Japan market, but the rest of the world kinda accept it as an indication of a "first-among-equals" product.

BTW, please stop adding the link to your signature. The link is for an online store, and that constitutes promoting business / commercial advertising...
    Last edited by cobalt; 02-16-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May be you got my meaning wrong somehow, I just want to tell there is no different on the outgoing QC. However, that is just personal opinion, it is regarding every goodself to believe too.

Thanks for concern about our signature, but I feel it is just alright for everything as the opinion also represented us too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    Now this would be really interesting....
    As usual it will be around 25~30% discounts everywhere.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally had a day with the Arcsaber 11. First, I doubted to use the Yonex recommended strings, but I decided to go for the NBG98 at 11 kg. The combination of any Arcsaber with the NBG98 just suits me well, and it's easy to compare as the ARC10 was already strung with the same string.

First of all, I can really play good with the Arcsaber series (except the ARC-ZS and ARC-IS because of timing). It's my favorite series of even balanced rackets, especially the Arcsaber 10.

I only played with the ARC10 and ARC11 last Sunday. I did not had any problem switching between both rackets. The timing, momentum and balance were the same, so that did no come as a surprise. What really was different was the feel. As Yonex is jumping to new materials, it was clear that the Arcsaber 11 has a more solid, vibration free feel. I did not felt very large difference between net play, dropshots or even clears. So no extra points during rallies. In terms of smashpower, it does feel more powerful. It's not a lot, but there is. Yonex advertised that the racket has some great improvement in returning smashes, and it does! Maybe it was just luck to play against players yesterday where we were both equally strong, but I won all the games with the Arcsaber 11, and lost about 50% of the games with the Arcsaber 10. The difference was the accuracy returning smashes just over the net. First, I doubted, but I was switching continuously with both rackets, and the games with equally strong opponents, were all 3 games.

So to those who expect a racket which is different to the Arcsaber 10, they will be very disappointing. If you did not like the Arcsaber 10, you will probably don't like the Arcsaber 11 either. To those who like the Arsaber 10, whis would be a logical step to change to the Arcsaber 11 and store the Arcsaber 10. The Arcsaber 11 felt like an advanced Arcsaber 10 keeping the same balance and disign, but with new materials. It does provide more accuracy at higher speeds but don't expect miracles, as the Arcsaber 10 was already a good racket in the range it represents. As for the discontinue of the Arcsaber 10 and have played wit the Arcsaber 11, it was a logical choice to discontinue the Arcsaber 10. The Arcsaber 11 would have the same price in Asia as the Arcsaber 10, and with same or even better specs, who want's an old model?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonexFan View Post
    So to those who expect a racket which is different to the Arcsaber 10, they will be very disappointing. If you did not like the Arcsaber 10, you will probably don't like the Arcsaber 11 either. To those who like the Arsaber 10, whis would be a logical step to change to the Arcsaber 11 and store the Arcsaber 10. The Arcsaber 11 felt like an advanced Arcsaber 10 keeping the same balance and disign, but with new materials. It does provide more accuracy at higher speeds but don't expect miracles, as the Arcsaber 10 was already a good racket in the range it represents. As for the discontinue of the Arcsaber 10 and have played wit the Arcsaber 11, it was a logical choice to discontinue the Arcsaber 10. The Arcsaber 11 would have the same price in Asia as the Arcsaber 10, and with same or even better specs, who want's an old model?
    Technically speaking, you mean that Arc 11 is like a "prime" version of the Arc 10?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    Technically speaking, you mean that Arc 11 is like a "prime" version of the Arc 10?
    That's how it feels.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CarbonexFan

Thank you for your sharing

I think Arc10 shall join its legendary status with AT700 OldColor / Gen-1

Market shall raise the pricing for Arc10 due to its continuing demand (and no supply)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CarbonexFan

Thank you for your sharing

I think Arc10 shall join its legendary status with AT700 OldColor / Gen-1

Market shall raise the pricing for Arc10 due to its continuing demand (and no supply)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doublepost. sorry
    Last edited by clawhammers; 02-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast