User Tag List

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    My review of Arcsaber 11 will go live on Monday...if everything goes to plan!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    hey paul, is there gonna be a FB review from yah?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindows View Post
    hey paul, is there gonna be a FB review from yah?
    I'm clairvoyant, he's gonna say 'I don't use light/headlight racquets as they reduce what little attack I do have' , 'the Arcsaber FB actually has more oomph than it's weight suggests' , 'I got Mark to smash at me 100 times with a Z Force and I returned every one effortlessly' , 'of the 100 returns, I actually returned 20 even faster than his smash! '

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will also be mention of the quality of the included 'full length bag'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received my Arcsaber 11 strung with BG80 @ 24lbs yesterday. Only played for 2 hours but managed to get a decent feel for the racquet. I moved on from a MP99 and the difference is unbelievable.

- Control around the net is fantastic, very little effort required to guide the shuttle and also deceive shots;
    - Defence is easier and blocking smashes feels a lot more 'guided'. Definitely more capable to defend attacking shots;
    - Smashes feel a lot more refined, probably on par with my MP99 in terms of power but more accurate around the court. Surprising due to the weight and the fact it isn't head heavy - think Yonex have hit the nail on the head with this one.

To me, it feels like a Z-Slash with more power. Fantastic racquet, i'd recommend it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ it also looks amazing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys...it's nice to know I have friends across the world!

Yes I will be testing Flashboost when I can get my hands on one, hopefully within the next two weeks. I held one at All Englands and it's a light racket which should make defending easy (bazzaman) but the question with that racket is whether it's too light.

I see Victor have also brought out the Lightfigters and I have all three to test at the moment.

Onto Arcsaber 11. I completed my review last night and it is now live.

Maklike - are you still playing Victor?

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I will be testing Flashboost when I can get my hands on one, hopefully within the next two weeks. I held one at All Englands and it's a light racket which should make defending easy (bazzaman) but the question with that racket is whether it's too light.

I see Victor have also brought out the Lightfigters and I have all three to test at the moment.

Paul

Another great review Paul.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our FB player has no problem getting power - trust me. He did say it was difficult to keep track of the head sometimes, though, and I would tend to agree: another quarter inch of head weight would help, particularly coming into the net.

Reads exactly as I would have expected. I'd been keen to try it against my old Arc 10 - if I can find it - just to see if it also falls into that "two stools" all-rounder cusp...
    Last edited by Mark A; 03-22-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually only have one branded racket left - an old spec battle scarred Victor BS11.

The rest of my bag (and house for that matter) is full of White Label samples and prototypes.

To be completely frank, if I ever had to buy a branded racket ever again, I'd buy every old spec BS11 I could get my hands on. The most superlative and underrated racket ever, alongside with the Kason TSF500.

.....although the Arc11 with a BP @ 305mm....hrm.......
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 03-22-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See if you're going to spend 150 on a racket, surely you'd never play with just the factory strings?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike

I know what you mean about old BS11, although I preferred BS10. I'm looking forward to testing BS12 soon and Thruster 8000.

Mark, no doubt we'll be testing again very soon. If I still have the Arcsaber 11 I'll bring it along.

Paul

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    See if you're going to spend 150 on a racket, surely you'd never play with just the factory strings?
    Some do... which really tells us something (more money than sense, perhaps?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul
    On the world scene Taufik Hidyat is using this racquet and there is a special edition in his name, although it looks relatively dull in a metallic grey/silver.

Okay.... I'll be waiting for it then

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Some do... which really tells us something (more money than sense, perhaps?).
    Well exactly, and anyway most companies offer a free re string anyway these days on high end rackets...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    On the world scene Taufik Hidyat is using this racquet and there is a special edition in his name, although it looks relatively dull in a metallic grey/silver.

Okay.... I'll be waiting for it then
    Yes, the ArcSaber 10 Premium

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sources tell me he has been using 11 - although I appreciate he was using Arcsaber 10 Premium prior to that. Maybe it was a one off tournament. He isn't playing enough tournaments these days and will soon retire.

Paul

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sources tell me he has been using 11 - although I appreciate he was using Arcsaber 10 Premium prior to that. Maybe it was a one off tournament. He isn't playing enough tournaments these days and will soon retire.

Paul
    He did use the ArcSaber 11 for one set in R1 at the Malaysian Open and again in the first round of the AE but no special edition or anything, just the regular version. He could have very well just used the ARC10PR in practice if that's where they spotted a greyish racket ...

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast