Choosing raquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Sodi_RUS, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Sodi_RUS

Sodi_RUS New Member

Hi. Can you help me choosing a raquet? I think, my level is middle-nonpro. I play badminton near 1 year, but my training is high at only last 3 month. Predominantly, my play-style is defensive (play near net and short shot), because my smash and long shot is not strong. But I training it now.Now I play very cheap "no-name" raquet.My budgets is not very big - about 60-70$.I look two raquets: Yonex Nanospeed 100 and Yonex Carbonex 8000. What do you think about this raquets? What raquet is better for me? Maybe you can advice other raquets?I apologize for the errors in my post. My English is not very good. I hope you understand me. :)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Where do you want to buy it?

3. Sodi_RUS

Sodi_RUS New Member

In my city there are some sport-shop with badminton equipment. Or I can use Internet-Shops. It is not big problem. But I have problem whith choosing.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

For your budget you can get better value buying on the internet. Brand like Apacs (read more about it here) is good value for money but to recommend a model is difficult since they have so many close to each other and we don't know enough about you. The safe advice is to recommend an all-round model like:

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i second what demolidor had suggested. if you're on a budget the best brands are the lesser known brands since they can deliver just the same quality in rackets but for a fraction of the cost of a yonex or victor or carlton or li ning.

besides, after you get better and better, you'll figure out more what you want in a racket, then you'll switch, and this way it'll save you some money if you're switching for an affordable racket to another affordable racket :)

if you must go yonex, cab8000 is a great racket, i find all cab rackets to be even balance and i believe (if i remember correctly) it's made in taiwan so the quality control is very decent.