P C Thulasi

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Aug 31, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    P. C. Thulasi - Indian WS player

Say hello, and Happy Birthday to P. C. Thulasi!

Date of birth: August 31, 1991
    Born: Pallakkad, Kerala state.
    Height: 163 cms.
    Plays right-handed.
    Current singles ranking: 112, up from 391 in May 2010.

Thulasi celebrated her birthday with her second national seniors title win at the NSCI Mumbai today.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Having the cake and eating it too

The Indian Express
    Posted: Thu Sep 01 2011, 00:31 hrs

Full story: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/having-the-cake-and-eating-it-too/839877/

Excerpts:

...in Nehwal's dazzling wake at the World Junior Championships in Pune in 2008, walked in two scrawny teenagers. Hunched and disappearing under the weight of his kitbag, Guru Saidutt still ensured that his diving defence and quick feet took him right through to the Worlds' semis. But looking severly gaunt and inviting worried, pitiful glances over what future she had in this game, PC Thulasi jutted out her chin like a turtle would stick out its neck and proclaimed she would do quite alright in life. "I used to look very thin and small. No one expected me to grow tall," Thulasi says matter-of-factly, on a day when she has picked the all-India senior ranking badminton title in the city, beating a field that had India's entire next-rung, save PV Sindhu, widely labelled as the next-Saina.

The only time Thulasi recalls crying court-side was when she'd lost to Sindhu in a junior national final.

.."We do a lot of weight training, and I've gained in strength as well," she says, adding with a wink, "and I suddenly grew tall also, which was very nice."

...what really got Thulasi into plenty of trouble was her faulty grip - an awkward flexion of her elbows and shoulder, in tow, when she played the strokes. "We have been working on correcting it since it increased the reaction time of contact with the shuttle because my arm took a longer curve than necessary. It's still work in progress," Thulasi admits, now focussed on the nuances of technique, now that her body-type doesn't give the impression of a weakling taking on the onerous task of smashing the shuttle, anymore.

... Known to be the tidiest of all campers at Hyderabad and generally quiet in conversations, Thulasi is known to possess a dry sense of humour...

...Her drop-shots and attacking game are her favourite travel companions, and on days like this one - her 20th birthday, they are neatly summoned, and then packed back, traded for a winning smile on a face that doesn't seem bony anymore.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    P C Thulasi is due to meet Cheng Shao Chieh at the China Masters in the first round, 14 September.

I don't give Thulasi a chance at all! :( Cheng Shao Chieh is going through an inspired patch at the moment, and could very well go all the way to the finals if she keeps her composure. :)

But this match will be a great learning expereince for Thulasi; she will learn from a player who has received huge praises from no less than a giant of the game: Morten Frost.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I think that this thread is necessary to one of few women's singles badminton player in India.

This girl has proved by winning a title "Tata Open International Challenge" this year.

D.O.B - August 31 , 1991

Current Ranking - 107

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This youngster has given an interview after winning Tata Open International Challenge.

"http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/12/17/interview-with-p-c-thulasi-i-want-to-win-an-olympic-medal/"

She is aiming very big. She has to work hard in order to achieve that fete.. I wish her all the very best for her to reach the goal.:)

EXCERPTS:

"
    You must be elated after winning the Tata Open International Challenge?
    Yes, I’m very happy to have won it. This is my second Tata Open title and first title this year, so I’m glad.

What is your ultimate aim in badminton? I want to win an Olympic medal. That would be a dream come true.

What keeps you motivated? My dad is a great motivator for me as he keeps telling me to work hard sincerely and that results will follow. Also, Gopi Sir and Saina are inspiring people. "

Another youngster in the run to become Star ???. Lets see ....:)

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    thulasi.jpg

She will reach to 78 or 80 in rankings after her Tata Open winning

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Thulasi is back to her best ranking of 60.

She has just won the Sri Lanka IC on June 8 with a steady and controlled performance throughout the tournament.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    She reached her career best ranking of 53 yesterday. Congrats. She will participate in australian open . All the very best to her.