Members able to change nicks (with approval from forums admins?)

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by oetzi, Dec 19, 2012.

1. oetzi

oetzi Regular Member

Well, it's one thing to join a forum and suggest something almost immediately :p, but I'm not snobbishly trying to nitpick or anything. It's a great forum and a generally polite community, and disproves the notion that only 5 year olds post on the internet. People gather here for the love of a sport, not to get involved in petty squabbles. But then, I really liked the other name I came up with which is now banned.:D

For one, this suggestion resolves 2 problems. The first is of course, members can change their nicks and it's really quite nice. The other, is that it resolves the multiple accounts issue where members resort to creating another account just because they can't change their forum nicks from within their current accounts. The mods have already been notified via PMs and were very helpful, this is just here for the record I guess.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    good idea.
    i reply this is a very bad idea in coming days with another nick or nicks.

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

So can users change their usernames at all?

4. ScottLyonWong

ScottLyonWong Regular Member

Self feeding
    Dear moderator ,

Personally I am also experiencing harassing from one Member and created another Username and seems like the New Username always display - Server busy .
    If I keep using existing Username - I will still be experiencing Harassment .

Hope that either the new Username can be use or the Existing Username can be changed.

Did requested to changed mine Existing few times to 'Contact Us' but no reply .
    Even before that particular member being harassing me in other Forum like Facebook .

Regards
    Scott Wong