Results 1 to 9 of 9
12-21-2012, 08:38 AM #1
Why Did the string Broke in first Shot.
Hi got this racket for stringing yesterday I strung that racket using Yonex NBG95 With Tension of 23lbs Mains & 25lbs Cross. Today After playing one shot the string broke. What might be the reason for this. I am Re-stringing the same racket with same guts with same tension What can be the chances of breaking the string.
12-21-2012, 09:13 AM #2
Check to see if your grommets are sharp because sometimes old grommets or exposed graphite can cut into the string.
12-21-2012, 09:18 AM #3
That area is not normally clamped, so it could be that the string got twisted while you were weaving the crosses, but sometimes it just happens.
Last edited by Mark A; 12-21-2012 at 09:21 AM.
12-21-2012, 09:37 AM #4
The racket is very New just 6-8 months back when I strung it had the original guts on it. I checked the grommets none of them are broken, damaged or has a cut in it. That's what is surprising me. I am very sure that it was not twisted at the time of stringing coz I use this crossway stringer. I could not find any scratches which might suggest damage at the time of carrying the racket or getting brushed at the time of picking shuttles. Is there any other reason why it broke or it is just a bad luck of the player.
12-21-2012, 01:00 PM #5
It coulde be a various of factors:
1. String twisted durng string
2. String "burned" when pulling cross, usually due to "Turbo stringing"
3. Damaged string to begin with, due to manufacture defect
4. String damaged due to gripper / clamp edge / tightness
5. String damaged due to broken / splitted gromment (not necessarily the ones next to it). Since the stringer needs to pull the whole piece of string when waving / going through gromments, it can be damaged elsewhere before being tensioned here.
gundamzaku liked this post
12-22-2012, 08:06 PM #6
12-22-2012, 10:04 PM #7
12-24-2012, 12:58 AM #8
Check the clamp. The string most likely broke on 3rd main. I see a small indent (or could be) on the 2nd cross on the right.
01-04-2013, 12:48 PM #9