User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason

Great point. Any serious manufacturer will listen carefully to feedback. Badminton players can be a fickle crowd which I believe can be positive.

You need time to listen and act. After all you don't act on one comment but when you notice a trend or common thread developing.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really convinced of customized rackets. In my many years from teens to adult to old fogey...my preferences (racket specs) have changed through out the years. And technology changes as well. Not to mention injury problems to boot. What I like today is probably not what I will like 5 years from now. And I don't break rackets on a consistent basis to justify a customized racket. If it was cheaper, I would consider purchasing one just to try it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I think the price is going to be a problem when savvy internet buyers can obtain two rackets for the same price. There are companies that offer a full range of rackets so they have something most people are looking for. The second problem is that custom worq's customization ability is limited at the moment, maybe it will change in the future. The third problem is that most people do not really know what is best for them unless they have tried to whole range of products, unlike tailored suits, the lack of self-insight make it particularly risky to invest in a $200 racket that cannot be returned...just my two cents

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

this is indeed an interesting business model for badminton rackets. something that doesn't come with a big surprise but also at the same time, first time that we see someone do it in such a systematical way.

I have gone through and tested the whole customization process. and honestly, i think within the bounds of manufacturing tolerances and human perception of balance and weight, that's pretty much the most one can do to offer 3 types of weight and balances.

customization is always going to cost a bit, a custom fitted suit is going to fit someone much better than Armani, and will probably cost more if the same material is used.

i do agree that not everyone know their "perfect" spec. even myself, who has probably owned and tried more rackets and string than most people cannot tell u if i have a perfect weight/balance/swingweight/string combo. there are just too many combinations out there.

what would be ideal is if there are sales from customworqs who have a whole bag of rackets, all of different specs for the customer to try out. the problem is that there are so many combinations out there we are probably talk about at least a few dozen rackets to have decent coverage over the possibility.

they do offer some good looking design with 6 color choices. i can see a lot of thoughts have gone behind the color choices and will appeal to different tastes. i wonder if the next step will be even more customizability. let anyone upload their own design. that would be cool. there must be a minimum order to justify the extra work though. maybe it will appeal to school teams or clubs, or maybe even someone who want to run their own brand. i understand that there are companies who do that for bike jerseys. have some basic designs, let the customer add their own logo and wordings.

only time will tell if this works out. good luck to them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i went thru their website trying to figure out the kind of racket that suits my preference and had left my email with them. i got an email just now announcing that they have launched a racket that can take up to 30lbs string tension. i always like to hear that because i feel safer stringing it at 24lb. i know 24lbs will not break any rackets, but it's just the peace of mind that i get when i know i'm stringing it waaaaaaay below warranty limits :P

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you get an Apacs then . Some are warrantied up to 40lbs (and more I think) and we have succesfully tested/strung the Slayer 99 @ 37lbs several times (with ten different rackets, challenged by the seller; warrantied to 35)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Why don't you get an Apacs then . Some are warrantied up to 40lbs (and more I think) and we have succesfully tested/strung the Slayer 99 @ 37lbs several times (with ten different rackets, challenged by the seller; warrantied to 35)
    damn, thank you for the info, i guess i was sick in bed the day that thread was current since i didn't know about it at all. eventually, i'll get to panda power rackets and the apacs racket.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point well made, however we all know that most players will not be capable of playing with a racket strung over 30 lbs anyway. I have no intention of opening the debate on string tension here, but I consider 30lbs more than enough for 95% of the players.

A manufacturer saying their rackets can be strung to such a high tension is obviously thinking about the discerning player and their needs. For most of us, myself included, I would not be interested in stringing to that level. Compared to some brands quoting much lower tensions should be considered good news.

Paul

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had the fortune of getting 4 Customworqs demo rackets and have had a little go with them. I'll get some pictures up soon.

The specs I received

- 312mm, 90g, 6.5 stiff, matt silver with orange, yonex g4 (bp gripped and strung 315mm)
    - 303mm, 86g, 6.5 stiff, matt red, yonex g5 (bp gripped and strung 303mm)
    - 295mm, 90g, 6.5 stiff, gloss white with green, yonex g4 with sensigel (bp gripped and strung 283mm)
    - 303mm, 90g, 8 med stiff, gloss gun metal with yellow, yonex g4 (bp gripped and strung 307mm)

First impressions are good. All 4 rackets produce good power with obviously the head heaviest doing it the best. They have a solid feel to them with the 295mm being the pick of the bunch. The racket is really cohesive in terms of shaft, weight and balance point compatibility.

I personally love the looks of the rackets but you can decide for yourselves once the pictures are up.

The frame is definitely where these rackets beat others quite considerably... Very aerodynamic. They really cut through the air and even the head heavy one moved like a bravesword

I'll update with pics and more information as I test them out more but so far so good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it come in a yonex G5 grip size?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you can choose a g4 or g5.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly my regular coaching session was cancelled this week and therefore I haven't had the opportunity to borrow my friends racket and review it. As it stands I should be testing on Monday and will them write my review.

Paul

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i just received 2 demos from customworqs. needless to say, you should be expecting my review soon.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Customworqs racket unboxing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"
    As a sponsored player, I'm maybe in a glass house here. But what does this matter?" - my point is that there are badminton enthusiasts coaches etc who are very 1 brand orientated.

[/QUOTE]
    very true, your rackets are beautiful and original

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4