Looking for a replacement for my Ti10 1st gen

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by p997tt, Dec 26, 2012.

1. p997tt

p997tt Regular Member

I used to play badminton a lot years ago back in 2005 when I was still at university. Since then I have played a lot less (only a few times a year) until a couple of months ago when I started to play more frequently again. At that time (before 2005) I have tried a few different racquets like Ti10 3U, both AT800 OF/DE and AT700, and at the end I decided to stay with Ti10 2U.

Recently I have been looking at replacing my Ti10 with something else, preferably something similar to my Ti10. But when I looked at some of the newer racquets, I am seeing so many names that I have never seen before like Nanoray and Arcsaber. I did do some research and think that the Voltric 80 might be a good choice. But then I am also interested in other brands especially Li Ning.

So perhaps someone here can suggest me some racquets that are similar to my Ti10 2U? I did think about the 3rd gen Ti10, but I would like to try out some other series/brands as well.

Also on a rather unrelated side note, is the 1st gen Ti10 still worth much money if I do decide to sell it when I get a new racquet later? It's the SP version made in 2004.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i would so buy it from you if you do decide to sell it :)

if you are looking to buy a new racket, would you want something that's similar to your Ti10 or something different?
    what do you like about your old racket that you still want in your new racket?
    what do you hate about your old racket that you don't want to see in your new racket?
    racket balance and stiffness?

these are just a few of the many questions we all ask ourselves while shopping for a new racket :)

if there is a badminton shop that provides a demo program, then it's best if you try out a few rackets before pulling out your wallet:)

3. p997tt

p997tt Regular Member

What I liked about the Ti10 is its attacking power. I like to play offensive games and I found the Ti10 is very good at that. But when it comes to defense, for me it's not as good as the AT series, especially the AT800 DE. So basically if the new racquet can keep up with the offensive power of the Ti10 and has better defense then I'm happy.

I would love to try out some of these newer racquets first, but unfortunately the options are very limited in NZ. If I were to buy one I will have to import it just like what I did for my other racquets years ago.

btw I didn't notice that there is a forum for recommending racquets. If a mod could move this thread to the correct forum then it would be great. :)

4. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

i had a ti10 before i got an mp99 over it which i m too stuck to the feel of at the moment.

but if i were to recommend a racquet that felt like a ti-10.. a ns9900 feels about right except a bit stiffer..

#4 vajrasattva, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. gundamzaku

working professional
    some say ti-10 is head heavy but the nanospeed9900 is head light, so is it head heavy or head light???

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Maybe (probably) talking about the purple Ti-10 ;) ...

7. gundamzaku

working professional
    but i thought we are talking about the first generation that's almost completely black. i have the third gen purple ti-10 and it's even balance....ok, maybe a bit head heavy. i have tried a ti-10 first gen from taiwan my then girlfriend got but it looked fake because the stickers were all off and it felt really light, kinda like the ns9900, do they have similar weight, the first gen ti10 and the ns9900???

8. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    i hav both ti10-1 and ns9900. totally agree with #4. not saying they r same but very similar especially in offense. ns9900 is stiffer and head lighter.

9. bbsanchezi

bbsanchezi New Member

manager
    yeah,If a mod could move this thread to the correct forum then it would be great.thanks[​IMG]

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The OP certainly was yes. Just wondering about vajra as well since it wasn't specified and more often than not it turns out to be about the latest gen(?) ... But even then there are more or less two types of gen 1 as well with a distinct difference appearing somewhere in 2004 or definitely in 2005 and these latter ones being the more even balanced type similar to gen II & III. I erroneously drew the line in 2002 in a post elsewhere as that was when they disappeared from the international catalogue but should have been 2004 or so.
    As for the weight: 3U is 3U as far as I'm concerned and is usually >87gr. My gen II's are 89 grams ...

Here is a little list of weights for NS9900 + swingweights (JP code):
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]NS9900[/TD]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]3U4[/TD]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]86[/TD]
    [TD="class: style1"]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"][/TD]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]87[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]3U5[/TD]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]88.5[/TD]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]83[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]88[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]2U4[/TD]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]92.5[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]94 [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]2U5[/TD]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]91.5[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: style1, align: center"]90.5[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Interestingly enough there is one gen 1 Ti-10 JP entry: a 3UG4 @ only 85.5 grams with swingweight 85 grams (must be an anomaly?). Other rackets in the table with practically the same swingweight as actual weights are the slightly headheavy type (ARC Z-Slash, 8DX. 10). Pretty sure the original Ti-10 falls in the same group of slightly headheavy ...
    But there must be dozens of threads like this one so I'm sure some good suggestions can be found there already/as well.

#10 demolidor, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012