Zombie0517's string review

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by zombie0517, Dec 26, 2012.

1. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Hi folks, just my personal opinions on some of the strings I have used (mainly Yonex ones). Please feel free to add more or correct me if I am wrong :)

Yonex BG65:
    Soft feel, average repulsion. Excellent durability and very, very friendly to your wallet. Works well on higher tensions. Drops tension fast.

Yonex BG65Ti:
    Hard feel with good durability. Excellent choice for heavy bombers (did I mention FHF? :D) Drops tension fast.

Yonex BG66 Ultimax
    Superb repulsion, sound and feel. One of the very best Yonex strings when freshly strung. Loses feel over time and drops tension fast. Dream tournament string. A little pricey. For strings of such thin gauge, expect to visit your stringer more often;)

Yonex BG80
    If you want ultimate hard feel and rough texture, look no further. Excellent attacking string, good in all aspects (except durability is average).

Yonex BG80 Power
    Feels softer than BG80. Numb feel but better durability.

Yonex BG85
    An "even better" version of BG80 at the cost of reduced durability.

Yonex NBG95
    Excellent all around string. Powerful. Numb feel and a bit slippery.

Yonex NBG98
    A thinner gauge version of NBG95. One of the most powerful strings from Yonex's offerings. Less durable than NBG95. One of the better strings at holding tension.

Victor VS-850
    One of the strings with best feel and very popular amongst BC forum members :D Drops tension fast.

Ashaway Zymax 62 2nd gen
    Amazing sound, repulsion and tension holding. Reduced durability due to ultrathin gauge (0.62mm).

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

ANd the MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION - which one are you using and WHY ?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

good summary... next string for you to test is zm65... please! :)

4. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

I'm gonna give that a go when the revs come in

5. visor

visor Regular Member

ya... same here since i just broke my zm62 today on a mishit

it had been excellent up until that point...

6. zombie0517

Got a reel a while ago, haven't used it though. I love my ZM62 too much:D

From my personal expriences on Zymax strings, repulsion and sound frequency goes down (Metallic ping for ZM62 and bass for ZM70) as string thickness goes up. I am willing to sacrifice some durability for a little extra liveliness and repulsion provided by ZM62.

Ashaway claims ZM65 is the most repulsive of the whole series, and I am very eager to verify it. Just have to wait till my ZM62 is broken (again):p

7. zombie0517

Tried ZM65 @ 28x30lbs on my MX80 today. Yeah my ZM62 is finally broken:D

In short, great string to play with. This string has great repulsion. Sound is nice but the pitch is lower than ZM62. More forgiving than ZM62 (somehow ZM62 seems to have a smaller sweet spot when strung at same tension). Control is nice but ZM62 feels a bit sharper. Durability is definitely better than ZM62 as it survived a mishit that I know would destroy ZM62:p Not sure about tension keeping as it is only freshly strung. Zymax strings are known for their tension keeping and I hope this one is no exception.;)