Line Kjærsfeldt

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by cobalt, Dec 27, 2012.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Line Kjaersfeldt is a woman player from Denmark. She has been very active on the Europe circuit in the past 2 years, and has played in the BWF World Junior Championships for EYE-Level Cups this year. As she is still only 18 years of age, she has the potential to improve her ranking and make her mark on the professional game in another few years.

Name: Line Kjaersfeldt.
    Represents: Denmark
    Plays disciplines: Women's singles and doubles; Mixed doubles.
    Plays: right-handed.

Line_Kjaersfeldt-03.jpg

Date of birth: April 20, 1994

Current rankings:
    WS: 101 (best 86)
    WD: 122 (best 51)
    XD: 127 (best 56)

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Some more pics of Line Kjaersfeldt

Line_Kjaersfeldt-02.jpg Line_Kjaersfeldt-04.jpg

Line_Kjaersfeldt-01.jpg

Line_Kjaersfeldt-05.jpg

Line_Kjaersfeldt-06a.jpg

Line_Kjaersfeldt-07.jpg

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Recent notable achievements:

Winner of the Danish Junior Cup 2011, WS.
    Runner-up, Norwegian International 2011 XD, November 2011.
    Runner-up, Scottish International 2011 WS, November 2011.
    Winner, Scottish International 2011 XD with Kim Astrup Sorensen, November 2011.
    WS member of Danish team at European Team Championships 2012 and Uber Cup 2012.
    Winner, Banuinvest International 2012 WD title with Sandra-Maria Jensen in March 2012.
    Winner, Irish International 2012 WS title, December 2012.

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I've seen her play a couple of times this year on the European circuit, difficult to say how much potential she actually has. There's quite a few European Juniors (or players of a similar age to her) that are more the capable of giving her a good game and are actually better than her. The one advantage Line has over the rest is her sparring.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    [video=youtube;Mr7-quzvOc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7-quzvOc0[/video]

Impressive skill: Her backhand crosscourt return of her opponent's smash. She won quite a few points on her powerful, angled returns. When she has the time, she is also pretty accurate with her smashes - not full-power, but the accent being more on placement. She does need to work on some of her techniques, though. More competitive play and more training hours and sweat is the answer! :D

I'm not sure I remember exactly, but the Director of Training of Badminton DK had singled her out as the one with potential to replace Tine Baun in time, just as Tine had Camilla Martin. Well, those are some pretty big shoes to fill... :)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A Brief History of Line (with apologies to Stephen something)

No, her name is not pronounced to rhyme with "whine" or "sine".
    It is pronounced to rhyme with "keener." So you pronounce it "Leaner."
    Or, maybe in time, "Meaner." :D

Like another rather well-known Dane, Line progressed from success in the doubles when playing the Juniors, to focussing on singles when playing the pro circuit. She won bronze at the WJC 2011 in girl's doubles.

A year earlier in 2010, she had picked up a knee injury and had to ease off playing singles for a long period. Even then she maintained her self-belief. In 2011 she won WD in the Croatian International. In October the same year, she won the Danish Junior Cup - in WS.

Line Kjærsfeldt, the young girl from Aarhus was only 17 years young when she was selected in late 2011 to be on the Danish National team for the European Championships 2012. It was a vote of confidence on two counts: for the possibilities the girl promised, and for the future of Danish badminton. She was ranked around 180 in singles at the time.

The 2012 Euro Championships proved to be pivotal for her in many respects. It demonstrated the faith reposed in her by the national team. It made her think seriously about her future in the game. Even then, if she were to have a choice, her inclination was towards playing singles.

At the UC 2012, the tall Dane spared the blushes for Denmark when she won her team match against the USA's Jamie Subandhi in 2 comfortable games.

The BD people have encouraged her in this direction; since last year, there was always a search on for a youngster who could in time, take up the mantle once Tine Baun retired from the game. Even now, though, Line is aware that there is much hard work to be done, particularly in her case, in strength conditioning. The WS game sees long, punishing rallies, and as Line once mentioned, she needs to be able to maintain a high tempo through the matches as well.

Meanwhile, there is still school to complete, but she is allowed long leaves of absence. She tries to complete all her homework and assignments when she is at home. But you get this feeling she'd rather be...

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Line, seeded 4th is now through to the finals of the Estonian International 2013. She plays 7th-seeded Natalia Perminova (Russia) for the title tomorrow (Sunday.) Incidentally, Line has climbed 1 spot to #100 in the rankings this week.

http://badmintonbladet.dk/line-kjaersfeldt-finaleklar-sammen-med-finnesoby/

Some rough translated excerpts:

Talented Line Kjaersfeldt has an opportunity to win her third title in a row, after the Danish GP and the Irish International.

..."I really enjoy meeting players, I have not met before," says Line Kjær Feldt, "as I walk in, not knowing what to do and play my own game and it works best."

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Profile of the day

Organisation: Badminton.dk
    Published by: Rasmus Bech
    Date: 8/22/2011 4:55:58 PM
    Category: General

[​IMG]

Name: Line Kjærsfeldt
    Date of Birth: 20 april 1994
    Place of Birth: Aarhus
    Right/Left hand: Right
    Height: 173 cm
    Weight: 65 kg
    Event(s): womens single, womens doubles(With Sandra-Maria Jensen) and mixed doubles(With Kim Astrup)
    Started badminton at age: 8-9
    How I got started: My friends played, and my mom and dad have played, so it was an easy choice.
    Current ranking: http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=15539
    Best results: Bronze medals in WD at the World Junior Championships 2010. Silver medal in WD in Danish National Championships 2011. European junior champion in mixed doubles 2011 and semi final in womens doubles.
    My personal website: None.
    Sponsors:
    • FZ Forza
    • FTZ
    Short portrait:
    • As a person: I love spending time with my friends and do things. I'm a happy person, but I can sometimes be a bit shy.
    • As a player: I'm an offensive player and I take a lot of chances. I play with risk, and I am an all around player.
    Ambitions with the sport: To be the Best. I would like to win medals at the Olympic and World Championship.

Updates: 12/10/2012 1:16:30 PM

Height: 174cm
    Event(s): woman's singles (and mixed)
    Best results: 1st place WS Irish International 2012, 1st place XD & 2nd place WS Scottish International 2012
    Other results: 3rd place WS National Championships 2011, 2nd place WD National Championship 2010 & 2011, 1st place WD Banuinvest + Croatian International 2012, 1st place WS & WD Danish National Junior Championship 2012

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Congratulations, again!

Kjærsfeldt shows her talent
    Date:
    1/14/2013

Badminton Europe
    http://www.badmintoneurope.com/cms/default.aspx?clubid=4685&m=594253&cmsid=239&pageid=5381

Excerpts:

...The final day of 2013 Yonex Estonian International saw many interesting encounters.

...In the women’s singles event, the number four seed Dane Line Kjærsfeldt (pictured) met Natalia Perminova of Russia. In a tight match, Kjaersfeldt - after losing the first game - managed to win the most important points in the end of the next two games and this gave her the Yonex Estonian International title with the score 13:21, 21:18; 21:18.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Europe’s best head to Ramenskoe
    Date: 2/8/2013

http://www.badmintoneurope.com/cms/default.aspx?clubid=4685&m=607525&cmsid=239&pageid=5381

Excerpt:

...Team Denmark is top heavy with stars and talent as Axelsen and Vittinghus take up the men’s singles responsibilities supported by Boe, Bonde, Conrad, Mogensen and the ever young Joachim Fischer. From a female perspective having Christinna Pedersen and Kamilla Rytter Juhl on your side gives Denmark the advantage over any other European opposition but if there is a Danish weakness it may be at women’s singles as they blood new young talent and heap a large proportion of pressure on the shoulders of Line Kjaersfeldt and Natallia Koch Rhode.

---------- -------- -------------

Let's see how LK responds to the challenge...

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LK acquitted herself very, very honourably at the European Team Championships. She was handed responsibility as the team's main WS player, and she proved herself up to the task, and showed that she is constantly improving.

LK played 5 matches in all - 1 WD, 1 XD and 3 WS. She won all but the last, against the redoubtable Juliane Schenk, and that result was always on the cards. But they way she kept her composure in the third game against Sarah Walker of England, in a high-octane situation, and showed patience and maturity at that stage, points to good things for the future of Denmark's WS bench.

Semi-finals showdown: LK v/s Sarah Walker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUs5m-bFs1c

Finals test: LK v/s Juliane Schenk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSq79y_qjuE

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Line Kjaersfeldt will be participating at the Swiss Open GPG, March 12th. She will be playing the qualifying rounds, and it won't be easy. She will be playing other girls whose graph runs very close to her own, and she will need to be on top of her game to make it into the Main draw.

The recent European Team Championships should have given her a bit of a confidence boost, apart from her jittery last match against Juliane Schenk. If she can use her power and speed to advantage, she should pass this challenge.

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

In the meanwhile Line K. II picked up a little trophy by repeating as Danish U19 WS Champion [​IMG].

313888_158395600984762_575894856_n.jpg

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Current WS ranking 77.
    Line is representing Denmark at the World Championships.
    Round 1 on Tuesday, August 6:
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE="align: right"]
    [TD="align: right"]Tsz Ka Chan
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][HKG]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [TD]-
    [/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TD][​IMG][DEN]
    [/TD]
    [TD]Line Kjaersfeldt
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    C'mon, Line! If you get this one won, I'll buy you a quad Sundae with unlimited toppings, and you might get [MENTION=7451]madbad[/MENTION] to add you to his famous list of 32. :D

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    On a side note, Kirsty has a good jump-smash, doesn't she?
    Or am I confusing her with someone else?

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Danish Nationals coming up!

http://www.badminton.dk/cms/default.aspx?clubid=3547&m=788253&cmsid=132&pageid=1997&

via Google xlate:

Kjaer Feldt is looking forward to open DM

Organization:
    Badminton.dk
    Published by: Kristine Liv Lund Pedersen
    Date: 02/03/2014 5:02:28 PM
    Category: General

The last 23 years, the winner of the women's singles at the individual Denmark Championships Badminton been either Camilla Martin and Tine Baun. But this year will be different. Neither of the two places, as most of you know, up and therefore, of course, is another to tread the top step of the podium.

The favorite looks like on paper Line Kjær Feldt, as she is førsteseedet in the tournament. The young player is looking forward to the tournament, but does not take any job lightly.
    - It's exciting, because after Tine (Baun Ed.) Is stopped, all have a chance to win. Most of us can all beat each other, so it is really exciting, she says.

Mentally games

Besides Line Kjær Feldt is Sandra-Maria Jensen and Anna Thea Madsen also strong candidates to run with the title. Because the battle for the title is so equal basis by Line Kjær Feldt well that the mental is going to play a major role during the tournament.

- I think that the one who dare to play and take the favorite role in the win. It's about not being afraid to win, therefore it is about keeping the focus on the mental during the fighting, she said.

The 19-year-old talent does not fear any particular opponent. She focuses instead on keeping a cool head, and she knows well know what a victory in the tournament will mean.

- It would be really cool to win. Both Tine Baun and Camilla Martin've won DM many times, so I would also really like, says a smiling Line Kjær Feldt.

19. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Recently, Line has improved a lot. Will she become as good as Carolina Marin? That we will have to wait and see. Powerful player! I have become a new fan. Hope she can be consistent as AY, CM, TTY, RI, NO, CYF. Exciting era for Women single category.

Wonder why no one started a thread for Carolina Marin. She has been a great champion in the WS.

20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work