islash vs zslash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by vivekaloor, Dec 28, 2012.

1. vivekaloor

vivekaloor Regular Member

student
    arcsaber islash vs zslash ?
    which would be a better buy .....attacking play. intermediate to advanced level

2. Danze

Danze Regular Member

People are going to say it depends on your style..

If you rely heavily on smashes to win points, like you can only win by smashing. You should probably use the Z slash.

If you play offensively, smash a lot but also like to clear and do other shots the Z force is for you. It is also good for smashing, I would recommend the Z force even if you can only win by smashing. But you should try both rackets.

3. vivekaloor

vivekaloor Regular Member

student
    and how about the islash in comparison to zlash?

4. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

vivekaloor, i will let you know tmr, i just got an i-slash today just to see how interesting it is.. :)
    had a z-slash too, but cannot give you any proper comments till i do some hard hitting..

5. katayamamsk

katayamamsk Regular Member

I-slash is less stiffer than Z-slash . and i seem to feel a little bit head heavy for z-slash . therefore z-slash will perform better in attacking play such as smashing . and i-slash will perform better in control and net play . hope this will help you :)

6. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

I am also interested in comparing the frame durability between z-slash and i-slash. Any input will be much appreciated :)

7. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

i cannot comment on the durability because i've not broken either of racquets i've ever owned

but by theory you can probably figure out that the Z-slash is more "brittle" than the I-slash because the Z-slash uses high modulus graphite at some parts, whilst the I-slash doesnt contain any high modulus graphite at all.

i wrote a short comparison of both racquets recently in another forum subsection so if you could be interested it can be useful to help you decide whether these racquets are for you

8. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

I see. Thanks :)