Match of the Year

Discussion in '2012 Tournaments' started by pcll99, Dec 28, 2012.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    what match was the best match of the year for 2012?

LD vs LCW in London? or something else?

I also like WYH vs Sung JH in Uber.

#1 pcll99, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    By "best match of the year" you mean, like your statement in Athlete of the Year thread: "...has done the most to influence the events of the year"?

Then I'll vote for this:
    Kamilla Rytter Juhl/Christinna Pedersen vs Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei in 2012 Summer Olympics.

The result of said match has generated chain reaction which... ah, no need to elaborate any further, shall I? :rolleyes:

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    same vote as the post above:p

4. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    Peter gade's farewell match with lin dan...

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    No need to worry about the answers :D.. You can expect more threads of similar kind and the answer will be given by the persons themselves who raised the query:).. And mentioning the players of their own country not others :rolleyes:.

6. sen

sen Regular Member

I would say the match of the year or maybe the match of the decade will be the match that people will keep talking/remembered for years and that would be WXL/YY last match in Olympic. ;)

But if talking about the match that I love to watch will be : (in order of preference)
    1. Uber Cup where WYH beat Sung
    2. Men double Olympic semifinal between Boe/Mogensen and JJS/LYD
    3. LD vs LCW in Olympic (it is the build up that is exciting, actually I would rank 2011 WC final between them to be better in terms of entertainment and excitement and there were a couple more before that).

#6 sen, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    yes, by Match of the Year, I meant the Match "has done the most to influence the events of the year".

but, if u think Match of the Year should mean the best Match of the Year or your favourite Match, i think those are ok too.

8. maxout

maxout Regular Member

When my son BEATS me for the FIRST TIME :eek: ... even Lin Dan cannot tops his celebratory mood !!! :D

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    For me, same as post #8 and he (my son) is getting nearer and nearer.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how old is ur son?uncle,hehe
    left or right handed?

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Coming to 12.
    Last month, I went to watch the under 12 selection by Astro for JB. They selected 6 boys and I am sure all 6 of them can beat me.
    FYI, one of the boys is a nephew of one of the national coach, at that time. Hehe.

12. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    This was a good match however it was marred by the usual bad sporting behaviour. Boe's antics...pointing his finger, laughing at JJS, etc. Not what you would expect for the Olympics as the motto is 'fair play'.

I thought the match with KKK,TBH v Boe, Mo in the Denmark Open semis was a great fightback from the Malaysians and to beat the Danes on home soil is a good acheivement. I hope it's a sign of good things to come from the Malaysians.

#12 diverdan, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  13. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Boe wasn't laughing in the finals ;)

LCW vs LD at the Olympics was easily the match of the year for me. A really intense game and the atmosphere in the arena was electric...I've never watched a game like that before. The MD final game after it felt tame in comparison and I saw quite a few people leave right after the LCW / LD game.

14. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    mine is the same as yours except in reverse order

15. sen

sen Regular Member

I rate the match highly because it was intense and close. I did not like the outcome too. The last defeat of JJS and he did not manage an Olympic gold in his career.

But because that is the end of JJS quest, it makes it a match to be remembered too and that makes me put it to no 2 in the list.

Emotional match for all 4.

16. random.badmin1

random.badmin1 Regular Member

LYD/KSH vs KKK/TBH at French Open =)

17. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    LYD JJS v CY FHF at the All England's. A great example of 2 pairs at the top of their game.

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Most intense match was definitively: Summer Olympics MS Final in London - Although I was watching the match in front of TV with my girlfriend only, it was some what of exciting. I cheered for LCW, she for LD. That was quite a new TV experience for me / us :D

Greatest match for showing fighting spirit is probably Uber Cup WS 1 when Wang Yihan greatly showed how to fight back. She has probably the greatest fighting spirit of all WS player from CBA?

The very best MD match in 2012 was MDF Korea Open - It's almost a year ago, it was also one of the best MD matches I've seen so far.

All in all, I'd say the MSF in Summer Olympics between LCW and LD would win the "award" match of the year :D

The biggest disappointment - next to the gold medal loss from LCW - is absolutely MDSF in Olympics when JJS and LYD lost the game to a pair which they've usually would have won. Probably JJS' nervousness was the biggest problem... I was expecting the SUPERB FINAL between JJS/LYD and FU/CAI. Like everyone was expecting LCW and LD in the Singles Final :(
    It would have been spectacular. A mens doubles final at the highest class, which definitively wasn't held by the danes against the chinese. They didn't stand a chance against them. The koreans surely would have done it much better. They also had the biggest opportunity play against the chinese gold sweep in my opinion...

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    MDSF LYD/CJS vs MB/CM is very exciting too. This is a very rare occasion where Danish Pair can beat Kor Pair. Nonetheless, OG MSF would still win the award as it was very intense and emotional. I am watching it in my friend's house who also a fellow BCer as the match was not broadcasted through my subscribed satellite TV. Should LYD/CJS could beat Danish pair and face CY/FHF in the OG Final, it would be one of the greatest MD match of all time. I believe CY/FHF are hoping so much, so that they will not clash with LYD/CJS, since there is a high probability that they might close their career with Zero Olympic Gold medal and Two Silvers.

20. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

While the trophy was not as prestigious, but I think the WD F @ Hong Kong Open had my vote.

Both pairs had a statement to make IMO. One felt they had to justify their OG Gold; the other felt they had to remind their teammates what they would've been up against.