Very good offer for Voltric 80 on amazon...but not sure if it's genuine

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by kelvin1338, Dec 29, 2012.

1. kelvin1338

kelvin1338 Regular Member

Student
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yonex-Voltr...IYRC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356801053&sr=8-2

That's the link.

Normally Voltric 80 costs around £130 - £140 on most websites

On Amazon, I found that most Voltric 80 offers are around
    £135

The offer is
    £99.99 + £4.48 delivery which is cheaper than every other offer I have seen on the internet. It is also rank 26 most sold badminton racket on the website, which suggests it should real as it would be very hard for a product to reach rank 26 most sold without being reported as fake.

However, what made me think a little (or I am just thinking too much) is that the seller said: '
    3UG4. STRUNG WITH YONEX NANOGY 95 STRING. TENSION 19~24lbs. FREE YONEX HANDLE GRIP. WE DO NOT RE-STRING. FROM CHINA.'

After some research, I found out high end rackets are made in Japan (Voltric 80 is too), but the seller says 'from china'.

There was no reviews buyers of that racket, but there are reviews of the seller overall. When I go onto the seller's profile, from reviews of some buyers of this seller, (there was only 5 reviews), everyone said the products are good and said one said he thinks it is real (I think this person is talking about the Voltric 80 as it is the only badminton racket the seller sells), but one person said there was a chip in the racket when he bought the racket despite the condition said 'new'.
    Here's their comments: '
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main/ref=olp_merch_name_1?ie=UTF8&asin=B004W3IYRC&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=A163BYKMX5XHNF'

So guys, what are your views? Genuine or not? I heard that Amazon is known for selling very very few fakes compared to other sites such as ebay, and the fact it is rank 26 most popular badminton racket sold on Amazon and there was nobody who actually even mentioned the seller sells fake things suggests it's a real racket.

I really want to buy the Voltric 80 and I don't want to miss out on such a good offer though!

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

This rank includes all sellers of the VT80, not just "Darth_Seller". And that is what they are after all: re-sellers, not Amazon themselves so no it is not much different from eBay except for the lack of an auction system (and the market place is still relatively new compared to eBay and perhaps more restricted). Secondly Made in Japan doesn't mean it can't come from China. Yonex bought in the UK are also Made in Japan (the expensive ones anyway). Most likely it will be shipped from China so you might still get taxed VAT on entry. Normally rackets assigned for the Chinese market are not extremely cheap, not to this extent. Maybe if he got it from other markets like Taiwan or Hong Kong, technically it is possible to get it for this price. Too many question marks at this point ...

I would avoid and get it from more reliable sources there. Well actually I would get it in Europe/locally and avoid getting taxed 30gbp to save a possible 10 :D

3. kelvin1338

Student
    Thanks but another problem is when I check for the most popular badminton rackets on the amazon rankings, there is another Voltric 80 (seems to be exactly the same and it is no limited edition, just a normal voltric 80) at rank 80 most popular but it costs 139 pounds. That confuses me.

4. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

anyone can be a reseller on amazon... :) u run the risk as this guy doesnt seem to be a professional badminton equipment seller, he might not know what he's selling too. and there are also similarly many buyers that do not know too well what they are buying..

you can also consider getting the racquet you want from some online store like e78 in hongkong (i just bought an mp99 from them, easy communication/payment/fast delivery).. where a brand new voltric 80 SP code is abt 102 GBP, whilst a TW code voltric 80 is 94 GBP. shipping by speed post is probably 18 GBP or less. (i m in no way linked to e78 but just suggesting a possibility)

5. kelvin1338

Student
    Why would a different code result in the racket costing less/more even though the racket is technically the same? Reply please I don't understand :) and I visited that website and it is a bit confusing despite understanding chinese (I am from Hong Kong), how does it work and how do I buy it?

They are real and genuine right? How could they sell it for THAT cheap?!

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Just saw a third entry for VT80 as well, all with different "ASIN" codes. From the looks off it there is no limit to how many times an article can be entered so lazy sellers, instead of selling it under an existing code, make a new entry for it and create multiple entries for what is in fact the same product. For the highest rank ASIN code there could've been many more sellers in the past selling VT80's under that particular code which is ranked 27th ...

Not sure if you missed the rest of that lower rating with the chip but the seller said it was a fake racket aside from the chip (was not original).

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

That would be one of those reliable other sellers I would get them from if not from Europe. It's called price discrimination ;) (different codes are destined for different markets of the world and the favourable currency exchange rate seems to have made TW rackets about the cheapest distribution code around). UK being a high price market ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discrimination#International_price_discrimination

#7 demolidor, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. kelvin1338

Student
    So the racket should still be real.

http://www.e78.com.hk/clothes.htm

That was the site which the forumer (which posted the comment earlier here) reccomended me. Here, the only rackets which seems to have the original prices like I see on Amazon and Ebay are the ones with Japan codes. The other codes (from Taiwan or Singapore) seems to cost significantly lower.

I'm so confused now...

9. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

genuine!

erm.. instructions are at.. www.e78.com.hk/indexb_1a.htm if you are buying form overseas. mr chan will quote you the total price via email, paypal him and he ships the next day..

reliable seller, has a store in hongkong, you can consider asking a relative to buy for you and ship it to you.. could be cheaper??!..

given current exchange rates, getting a genuine SP coded voltric 80 in singapore is probably close to a hundred quids too or less.. and if you get from thailand, a genuine TH coded, its probably 90 quids.

i suppose yonex racquets are sorted after manufacturing, balance, consistency, stiffness, and there can be differences. like VT80 can be all made in JAPAN, but sorted. JP coded is for japan domestic market, SP for singapore region, TW for taiwan.. TH for thailand.. anything that is japanese domestic market stuff is EXPENSIVE!!....

offhandedly, what most local racquet shops in singapore tell me : JP > SP > TW > TH coded racquets. however my stringer who has been in the trade for several decades, tell me that TW coded racquets are just as good as SP ones. there are topics exisiting in BC on the issue of racquet code already.. you can search :) some say there are no differences.

my personal opinion having tried TW, TH, SP coded racquets.. they feel.. quite the same to me.. i'm not professional enough to be able to discern

#9 vajrasattva, Dec 29, 2012
  10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Those on Amazon are not Japan code at all, just manufactured in Japan and this goes for any code whether it is UK, TW, SP. These letters only indicate for which distributor and market the rackets are meant and in turn who handles the warranty. It does not indicate where they are made ...

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you are from HK originally, why not just ask some relatives to help you buy and then bring over to the UK. Or even better, you buy when you visit on HK?

There are quite a few retail shops in HK that you can buy with confidence. Luxis, MBS, Mr Keen are the ones I know best. Personally I have not visited e78 (as it's far from were I live) but seems enough user feedback to buy with some confidence.

If you really want to get the racquet sooner rather than later, get one in the UK and then get a couple more from HK at a later date. Then you'll have three - in case you break your strings, you'll have others for backup.

#11 Cheung, Dec 29, 2012
  12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    a general rule for buyers is, if it looks too cheap to be true, then it probably is untrue. Always be really careful of the really great deal, especially if you cannot inspect it properly.

I know some guys who will buy big ticket items on eBay, Amazon (like vintage cameras and stuff). They can take the risk with their money. It is not something I would do.

#12 Cheung, Dec 29, 2012