Yonex shuttlecock range in Japan

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by ant01, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I was talking to a friend in Japan and noticed that she has a Yonex tube called "New Official", or F-80. Then I looked on the Yonex Japan page and saw that their shuttle range is completely different to the rest of the World which is usually Aerosensa - http://www.yonex.co.jp/products/badminton/shuttle.html. I actually managed to aquire a couple of F-90s recently from the London Olympics and the one that I tried felt higher quality to my AS50s, but I thought it was just a special tournament grade.

Does anyone know how the Japanese range compares to Aerosensa i.e. F-80 is the same as AS50, and is it possible to buy it outside of Japan?

2. qingshun

qingshun Regular Member

At a price of 46 euros a tube, I would be able to get 2 tubes of As40. You could go webpage Shuttlehouse to make the purchase. I guess As50 is consider excellent shuttles and you wouldn't need to go beyond that level unless you really want the very best shuttles for play.

3. qingshun

qingshun Regular Member

bluejeff09-10-2008, 03:09 AMWell, I wrote a short review on the F90 shuttles long time ago (only available in Chinese)http://www.ablueday.com/archives/66In short, the F90 feather is thinner but more uniform than AS50. Its durability is just so-so(lower than AS50 if not at par), but with very precise flight. It's not built for club plays but really for tour only.If you use it often you will be broke in no time :)hahahalol02-03-2009, 10:10 PMWhat is the aproximate price for a tube of F-90 in US/CND currency?Danstevens02-04-2009, 01:21 AMWhat is the aproximate price for a tube of F-90 in US/CND currency?Well, from Shuttle house, which is about the only place you can buy F-90, a tube is 4600 Yen. This is about $63.93 Canadian or $51.47 USA.

4. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Yes, exchange rate plays a big part and the Yen has been strong for a while now. Although I probably won't buy any of the F range, it's good to know somewhere that sells it if I ever do feel like trying them out :)

I can't feel any difference when I use AS40 and AS50 but there was definitely a difference when I used F90. I wonder if the rest of the F range also use these thinner feathers e.g. F80, F70, F50 etc. Also, now I'm wondering how much F90s weigh compared to AS50 if they have thinner feathers...I wonder if the drift would affect their flight more if they are lighter? I might have to buy some scales to check this for myself :rolleyes:

5. justcansin

justcansin New Member

i think so,exchange rate plays a big part and the Yen has been strong for a while now.thanks[​IMG]