Victor: Sun Jun 2000 & Fung 2000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Teemu, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Teemu

Teemu Regular Member

Greetings,

Could someone tell me what are the differences between those 2 Victor rackets?
    * weights
    * balance
    * head size/model
    * flexibility

I've been told that they might be kind of similar rackets, but what intrests me, is if either one is better for a "defensive"- style player (i.e. not power player).

Thx in advance,

Teemu

2. Teemu

Teemu Regular Member

Hmm...

No answers yet :-(

Can anyone also compare the mentioned Victor rackets to Babolat Chrono/Synchro?

Since my (very old) Yonex got broken, I've been using Chrono which feels ok to me. Since couple of people suggested the Victor models, I've been trying to figure what to choose...

Teemu

3. wiers289

wiers289 Regular Member

mechanic
    You are the patient type are you not?
    After 75 minutes " No answers yet :-( ".
    Why don't you check out www.victor-sport.de
    Joop

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  5. Teemu

Teemu Regular Member

> Why don't you check out www.victor-sport.de

Nothing on Sun Jun 2000 and very little info on Fun 2000 also - unfortunately.
    I was hoping that I could find Victor-experts on this forum...

Yesterday I played with Prodigy507/Victor and Babolat Chrono. The 507 felt very balanced, but perhaps not as good as the Chrono. So any nowledge on the differences between Sun Jun and Fung?

Teemu

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Teemu,

So basically you want something that gives you lots of flexibility and is balanced or head-light? With regards to Victor, most of their mid-range models are pretty balanced and oval. Check out their website at http://www.victorracquets.com This website is the Canadian branch of the company. My communication with them has been very prompt and helpful. They could point you to the right direction.

BTW, filling out your profile would help others help you better. Where you're from? what your racquet preference? It would definitely save more time answering your questions. Please consider it:).

Ming

7. Teemu

Teemu Regular Member

Hi Ming,

> So basically you want something that gives you lots of flexibility and is balanced or
    > head-light?

Basicly what I am looking for is a good racket, which is medium flex/stiff, <90g and for more defensive-style-oriented player. The babolat chrono was head-light (I quess) and the Victor507 was balanced (quessing again). They both seemed to be really good, but quite different to each other.

What I am actually looking for from here, is more information on Victor Sun Jun 2000 and Fung 2000 models, because I am unable to find info from web... :-(
    (Any info would do, but chinese/japasene/korean web-pages are too hard :)

Teemu

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hey Teemu,

Hmm... don't think I could help you there, we're at different ends of the playing style spectrum. Have you tried Yonex's CAB 20 Muscle? The guys at Victor recommended the Columbia VI as a good alternative to CAB 20 MS. I ordered it via one of their customer shops, also requested the lighter version (3U)... my experience with it has been pretty favorable. It's more affordable, light, medium stiff and very manuverable... they also have an ISO head version. Best to ask them about the other racquets.

Ming

PS: Victor's main website is www.victorsport.com.cn maybe you will have better luck there.

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hey Teemu,

Just reviewed my email correspondance with Victor Canada, seems that Victor Germany deals with distribution to most European countries. Have you tried their website yet? Check it out at: http://www.victor-sport.de They might be able to help you better.

Ming

10. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    hey teemu, sun jun 2000 and fung 2000 are both from the asian line of victor and i'm sure you won't find much info about them in the german line of victor's site. I currently own fung 2000 and had the chance to play with sun jun 2000 as well, here's the spec as far as i can recall:

fung2000
    weight: 87g
    head size: 68cm, oval
    balance: even
    flexibility: mid, scale of 1-10, 10 being stiffest, this is about a 6.
    comment: light racquet that is easy to wield. good defensive racquet. I'd say the closest racquet I can compare it to would be a slightly more powerful yonex mp88.

sun jun2000
    weight: 89g
    head size:68cm, oval
    balance: slightly head heavy
    flexibility:7-8. mid stiff.
    comment: just a stiffer version of fung2000 and carry a diff signature. more power.

you can probably find some more info on www.bbeshop.com, good luck.

11. Teemu

Teemu Regular Member

> sun jun 2000 and fung 2000 are both from the asian line of victor and i'm sure you
    > won't find much info about them in the german line of victor's site.

Yep - couldn't find anything...

> I currently own fung 2000 and had the chance to play with sun jun 2000 as well,
    > here's the spec as far as i can recall:

THANK YOU. Exactly what I was looking for....