Help me choose racket please,all of the masters here

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Fighter886, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Fighter886

Fighter886 Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone I'm a junior player age 14 .i usually played doubles,rarely singles. I am using victor bs10 and this January I'm planning to get a new racket. I am an aggressive player ,not really good at defense. And I found my current bs10 suites me well. Can anybody help me choose between lining n90ii,n50(first edition),or nanoray 700 fx ,I play doubles more as a front court player. But also likes smashes..

2. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    in that case, throw it away and get something different.

3. Fighter886

Student
    Ya but which racket I mentioned has almost same specs haha

4. SteveLJW

SteveLJW Regular Member

Since your current racket suits you well why do you want to change it? Any specific attributes you're looking for that's missing from the BS10?

5. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Brand NEW BS10 ... or go try BS11 almost THE SAME BUT BETTER for defence (at least that is how I felt when testing them) - go and read it up !!

#5 maxout, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  6. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

bro. if u just 14, its better to invest the money into your game. eg enroll in a training, or increase the session say for everyday. it will develop your muscle, skills and anything in badminton. plus. badminton is all about the ability to land the shuttle inside the opponents court. and to be able to do that u need to retrieve the shuttle well. and it means good footwork is the first and foremost. to be able to have good footwork etc its better u improve your game. racquet is a merely an extension of your hand that help u deliver the shuttle into the opponents court. racquet is very expensive bro. better u play well, represent your school, district province whatsoever then get sponsored. u could choose any racquet that u want.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i love the sarcasm! i was also wondering why the switch if it's working well?!

no cab20?! i'm actually surprised, but good choice, i love my BS11!!!

well said!

8. Fighter886

Student
    I found it is lacking of smash power..

9. Fighter886

Student
    But I only have 1 racket,as I don't have any spare when Im representing my school in a tournament soon

10. maxout

maxout Regular Member

11. SteveLJW

SteveLJW Regular Member

12. SteveLJW

SteveLJW Regular Member

13. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    just get BS LYD or MX JJS or Flypower Enigma V2 (Markis Kido) i believe you can get it easily in Jakarta.

14. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    A racket is just a tool

Hi there,

No racket can give you the quality of "power" into your smash . Regardless if you're using the most expensive brand available or it's the latest product used by a world class player, none of this will contribute a lot and since it is just a tool to facilitate you to do your smash and at the end, it is your racket limb that will painstakingly do all the swinging therefore, the quality of all your smash will depends on how correct is your smashing preparation as well as the application of the right technique on how to do a smash that will give you the power that you're lacking.

If your current bs 10 suits well for you as you've said and it has able to deliver satisfactory performance into all your other hits but not your smashing power, then just stick to bs 10 again and polish your smashing technique furthermore rather the other way around. If you've already confidently accessed yourself that you have all the approach to do a correct smash and then the quality of "power" does improve by trying the other racket specification, then at this point its worth changing to that racket judging by the quality in all your hits. The only way to do this is to try out those racket and some of those candidate are mentioned here by the other BC members.

Just to highlight a few things here, at your age (14 y.o), its indeed it's threatening to have a descent power in all your hits especially in your offensive department but as far as emphasizing the quality in all your hits is concern and especially your smash, prioritize to improve the other two important quality first into your hits that you can read here in my other thread for your references: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...mproving-the-Quality-of-your-Smash?highlight=

Due to the evolution in making racket currently has improve very much and its able to be player friendly to easily match its specification to the player desire specification that he wants to have into that racket, such technology does not exist many decades ago when i wield my Yonex Blacken Knight II while at your age but then the quality of all my hits at that time I'm confidently sure that it will be no different if i'm using a bs 10 now if I'm still at your age.

As importance it is to find and investing into a suitable racket that fits well with your specification as a player, you must realize that its finding the correct knowledge and having a sound technique in applying such knowledge into your game play that will make you a better player from today and the coming days and this is even worth investing.

SS