Forward Attacking Stance

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Ken, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Ken

Ken Regular Member

Student
    Good-evening there,

Could you please kindly clarify what is a Forward Attacking Stance in the forecourt area, in term of whether the racquet leg is leading in the front like a Defense Stance (legs are wide open and parallel to the net at centre line area - expect to move toward either sides, another one is legs perpendicular to the net with racquet foot near the net in front of smasher), or back of the non-racquet leg like receiving a serve? Many thanks in advance.

Ken:confused:

2. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    Ken,

I have to admit, I don't quite grasp the Forward Attacking Stance that you have in mind. :eek: In what context?

As far as I am aware, stance is usually related to serving and receiving serve. During play, me and my partner will be constantly "moving". From what I can deduce, you are refering to doubles, right? If I am in the forecourt, I will held my racquet up (of course not obstructing my partner when it is his turn to hit in the backcourt ;) ) and ready to pounce on that 'lil birdy down.

Cheers.

3. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    Yes forward attacking stance would be racket leg in front towards the shuttle as opponent plays it, feet perpendicular to net.

Usually used when you have played a net shot tight / attacking shot and are looking to cover net replies as the first priority. If they play a net back , you are ready to pounce since you are covering that shot, if they lift high you have time to rotate body through 180 degrees and move back to smash.

4. Ken

Ken Regular Member

Student
    dlp,

Many thanks for the excellent explaination and examples. (Jake Downey has also clarified my query!) I'm a very happy man now! Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Ken :)