User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    during the 12' olympic games a lot of US divers uses Li Ning gear, i was surprised they didn't go with speedo?
    Well Li-Ning is their sponsor after all ... and money counts for more when you hardly need a high-performance brief for diving . Seems a reasonably big school sport in the US, or it just makes for good tv(?). Cheapest way to squeeze into the aquatics scene I guess ... or was that why there was more "slippage" than usual?

Also mid-grade/made in taiwan models do have distribution codes as well, just not a JP one. Nanospeed 1000 is probably the cheapest non-basic made in japan model ... If you want to experiment, you could get a JP, SP and a US of the next high-end release .

Or to start with the community can begin by posting their new racket weights in a new thread, unstrung or strung but unmodified stock grip, if one really wants to go to that lengths . Like I mentioned elsewhere all my 3U are 88-89gr. regardless of code, or at least >87.5 gr. by a good guestimate as some are strung or re-gripped and there are at least 5 different codes in there spanning different models.
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-04-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Well Li-Ning is their sponsor after all ... and money counts for more when you hardly need a high-performance brief for diving . Seems a reasonably big school sport in the US, or it just makes for good tv(?). Cheapest way to squeeze into the aquatics scene I guess ... or was that why there was more "slippage" than usual?

Also mid-grade/made in taiwan models do have distribution codes as well, just not a JP one. Nanospeed 1000 is probably the cheapest non-basic made in japan model ... If you want to experiment, you could get a JP, SP and a US of the next high-end release .

Or to start with the community can begin by posting their new racket weights in a new thread, unstrung or strung but unmodified stock grip, if one really wants to go to that lengths . Like I mentioned elsewhere all my 3U are 88-89gr. regardless of code, or at least >87.5 gr. by a good guestimate as some are strung or re-gripped and there are at least 5 different codes in there spanning different models.
    i didn't see any slippage but i did see them adjusting their suits quite often.

nano1000, i wonder if that's hard to get around the world, cos i haven't seen it in the US LOL. getting three high end rackets will render me almost 600 USD, i might have to reconsider.

the only way to test this is for me to own these rackets so that we are using the same wrist (mine) while playing to keep it consistent, and i don't like using other people's rackets, and i don't lend mine out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by not a real user View Post
    Maybe, but not that noticeable, however some strings hv differences in JP and SP, NBG98 has a better feel in JP compared to SP, and different strings are labelled differently, and so on and so forth. However owning a JP racket will enable you to show off to your fellow badminton enthusiasts
    i believe i can attest to that statement on the feel of certain high end YY strings, i personally tried out CH and JP made NBG98, JP made ones does have a more crisp and better feel to it, and the hitting sound is also slightly different, the CH one my friend bought from China, it feels more stiff and sort of "dead", it smashes ok but does not have the same feel as the JP made one. I strung my racket at 26 lbs.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I beg to differ.

Strings with different codes play the same and last as long. You might have encountered fake CH/SP strings.

I've compared SP, CD and JP strings strung on the same tension and same racket and they all had the same frequency and played exactly the same.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3