bg 65 vs nbg 95

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Altu_21, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Altu_21

Altu_21 New Member

Which string is more durable? Since the nbg 95 is a higher end string I would think it would be less durable. But I was looking online and the nbg 95 is more durable then the bg65 :/? anyone got any ideas? I need a answer so I can string my racket for my tournament thanx

2. wuboydonut

wuboydonut Regular Member

according to the yonex site, bg 65 and nbg 95 have the same durability rank of 8, bg 65ti has of 7.
    Hope that helps ;)

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Both 65 and 95 are quite duable, when compare to 66, 80 or 85. If you have the strength to handle 95 (which feels a bit tight when compare to 65 at the same tension) and do not mind about the extra cost, then 95 is the way to go. If you have to play safe and save a few $$$, 65 is the answer.

4. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    Similar durability. 65 loses tension so that maybe the reason why I think it's 'slightly' more durable than 95.

5. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    On a side note, not related to durability, I tried 95 once, horrible, horrible lifeless string in my opinion.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The feedback I received from N95 are usually two extremes, either absolutely horrible, or excellent. Personally, I think with proper technique, if a player prefer the "bang bang" style of game, then N95 is a good fit. If a play lacks the strength, or prefer the control type of game, then N95 usually will sit at the end of his/her list.