User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New badminton racquet - VZF/JJS?

Hello guys,As the title explains I am currently looking for a new racquet. You see, my current racquets are LN 50-ii and BS12 which I have come to find both ok, but the li-Ning is my preferred racquet. The problem is that my li-Ning head has snapped and I would like two racquets in my bag for competition. I'm 15 1/2 years old, 6'3" and I'm fairly muscular (I don't lift weights, so my arms are quite strong but not particularly strong) and big thighs (from 100/200m). I prefer head heavy racquets that are stiff but I like a little leniency in stiffness. The n50-ii is about right (stiff, haven't tried extra stiff). I was thinking about MX-JJS or YY VZF but I would need some advice. I play singles and only singles at a competitive (rep) level.Any help would be appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best buy another N-50ii ... or if you dare to try VTZF ... it is designed to be more of a POWER SINGLES racquet ... alternatively, you may want to try Li-Ning N90 Woods (version 1 - stiff not the N90II - that is medium stiff).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dare to try VZF? Is it that stiff? Would VT80 be ok as it's slightly more flexible? It's just hard to get li-Ning when I'm not travelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu26134 View Post
    Dare to try VZF? Is it that stiff? Would VT80 be ok as it's slightly more flexible? It's just hard to get li-Ning when I'm not travelling
    Well, compared to you, I am a slight build, tubby and well-rounded 40+ years old daddy , so VTZF is a REAL BEAST for me to handle but in those 30+ minutes that I tested, it was an AWESOME racquet before my shoulders ache ... but if you can use, it will be A GREAT weapon !!

VT80 ... well, once you tried VTZF and can you use it ... you throw out all the other Voltrics !! VT80 will be like kind of a "step down" from VTZF ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. So you would recommend it? I might need to hit some more weights then =/ and more wrist training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu26134 View Post
    Haha. So you would recommend it? I might need to hit some more weights then =/ and more wrist training
    Put it this way ... IF I can handle it, I will surely buy one as a "spare" to my ultimate all-round weapon the Carbonex 20 !! BUT DO TEST IT OUT FIRST before you splash the $$$$$ - it is not cheap !!

My all-round stroke-play game is more suited to use the CAB20 ... modern offensive players will love the VTZF, it is made for them just like the Li_Ning N90 Woods ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for that, its much appreciated. I will go for VZF probably, but ill try VT80 just in case i need a bit more flexibility. CAB20... Can't believe they don't sell those here anymore, they are pretty cool racquets. Ill look at N90 if I'm at a li-ning promo but i seldom get to those. Cheers

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just get a 4u vt80 /zforce and u will be amazed.