Racket choice dilemma (VT70 v. MX60)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jamaljenkins, Jan 2, 2013.

1. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    Hi, before I continue this is my first actual post in BC and while I'm still quite new at using this forum, I have lurked around for solutions but to no avail.
    Level: Advanced Beginner
    Play style: previously control and defense, but now leaning more toward attacking
    Rackets owned: 3U G2 BS09, Nanoray 20 (starter)
    I've been playing badminton for about a year now through accidental discovery, though not at a high level, but badminton has become one of the the passions that I will continue for a long time ^__^
    As previously stated, I bought the BS09 looking for an even balanced racket as an all rounder, but now since I've played more recently, I've came to embrace a more aggressive play style. I managed to got my BS09's BP to 290-295mm (from using less grip tape on the grip and heavier strings BG80) but my inner racket collecting persona wanted more, thus began my search for a more head heavy racket.
    I've managed to narrow it down to the VT70 and MX60 since they're both medium head heavy rackets and from my research, perform similarly to another. However I could not find a thread where the two are directly compared.
    So my questions are:
    -Which one is more forgiving?
    -More stiff? (As I can't handle stiff rackets atm)
    -Better? (objective but please answer)
    -More maneuverable?
    -If I pick one, 3U or 4U?
    PS: If this matters, I managed to borrow a friend's 4U VT7 to play for a while and I fell in love with its lightness and head heaviness right away. I didn't have to change my timing nor made any adjustments. It felt just right. I was convinced to get the VT70 until I found the MX60 and thought it could be a more wallet-friendly alternative. So which one performs closer to the VT7?
    Also, if I pick a racket, which should is more beneficial? Zymax 65/67, BG80, or BG66UM? I'll probably string them ~24lbs
    Thanks!

2. jamaljenkins

Student.
    PSS: Do the Kason F9 and C7 fall under the medium head heavy category? Which one is more arm-smashing friendly?

3. jamaljenkins

Student.
    Wrong section oops please delete this admin!