User Tag List

Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,802 of 1870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    1% have this problem? that's one in every 100 rackets.
    For me it's 2/30, so much more than 1% x)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    A link to the 2013 catalogue can be found here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post2063931
    String patterns are on the last 2 pages. AdiZero Pro is 78-hole pattern.

Esteban, thanks. I'm a bit confused, as the pattern instructs a 2-knot job, when Adidas themselves sell their Power Hybrid string, which necessitates a 4-knot job!

I also saw Kwun use a 4-knot job, maybe he can help? :P
    Last edited by georgecamilleri; 02-17-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by georgecamilleri View Post
    Esteban, thanks. I'm a bit confused, as the pattern instructs a 2-knot job, when Adidas themselves sell their Power Hybrid string, which necessitates a 4-knot job!

I also saw Kwun use a 4-knot job, maybe he can help? :P
    2 or 4 knots does not matter at all. The string pattern is still the same.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    2 or 4 knots does not matter at all. The string pattern is still the same.
    agree.

people sweat too much about 2 vs 4 knots. the knot only affects the outer most strings which has almost zero effect on the playability of the racket.

really the only thing that 4 knots and 2 knots different is that 2knots almost always means that you need to do bottom up, while 4 knots give the freedom to do either way.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yonex, Gosen, Victor, Li-Ning, Adidas, etc, etc all have different official patterns. some has merits and others are just purely trying to be different than others.

with some small exceptions, these so called stringing patterns from different companies are not specific to their rackets. all the stringing patterns can be applied to all other brands of rackets as long as the hole patterns are similar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    really the only thing that 4 knots and 2 knots different is that 2knots almost always means that you need to do bottom up, while 4 knots give the freedom to do either way.
    I watched your Haribito video and since then, it's about the only pattern I use for my own and others' rackets. For some reason, I find it nice and fluid to work with.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mater View Post
    I watched your Haribito video and since then, it's about the only pattern I use for my own and others' rackets. For some reason, I find it nice and fluid to work with.
    that's great! very awesome to hear that you find my video useful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that's great! very awesome to hear that you find my video useful.
    A big public thanks to you for all the videos that you put up. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then your instructional videos are 100X more, at the very least. I especially like the no tension loss tie off at the end. With the Haribito pattern and that knot, I don't even have to remember any other knots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Adipower Pro came in today, I can only hope it plays as good as it looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I fell in love tonight. Love at first sight. Seldom have I played a new racket that felt so right in just one session. Last monday I tried my new Carlton Kenesis X80, and I think this can turn out to be a true weapon.... after a few sessions. With that one, my timing was way off from time to time, and while clears were effortless, smashes could be better (but that has to do with the timing as well).

Now the Adidas Adipower Pro. A real looker, having the red Ashaway Zymax 62 strings on it and I have red overtape on the handle as well. Timing felt natural right from te start, no timing issues at all. Easy clearing, and lethal smashes. I dare to say I have never smashed this hard this easy. Wow. And that in just the very first session. Maby this has to do with the Zymax strings (10kg tension) as well, and I pray they last (reasonably) long, since I play nylon shuttles occasionaly, like tonight...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can't find Adidas' badminton line in Indonesia and in China.
    I want to take a look at their shoes since I am in need of one, but really, I went to their biggest shops and I found out none of them carry the badminton products. it is so disappointing..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I can't find Adidas' badminton line in Indonesia and in China.
    I want to take a look at their shoes since I am in need of one, but really, I went to their biggest shops and I found out none of them carry the badminton products. it is so disappointing..
    I don't think you can find in normal retail shops. Try going to local badminton clubs.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they aren't very serious about supplying the product here in SE Asia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They said they are already working on it and also said that it would be ready in the Philippines by Feb/March, but still no sign of it (

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably difficulties signing up a distributor or the distributor signing up third party dealers.

Best go online ordering if you really can't wait.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm after a swift racket with decent power as my game is based on placement/control and counter-attacks. I'm not an all-out hard hitter so I think that the Adipower range would not be suitable for me. Can anyone recommend something from the Precision range?

Rackets I've played with and liked:
    Kason F9 - Good power but can be slow on-court in terms of defence and overall speed, struggles a bit at the front court.
    Yonex VT80 - Good power but like the F9, is too slow for me and even slower at the net compared to the F9.
    Yonex Arc9FL - Lacks a bit in power but it's fast.

I normally prefer a flexible to semi-flexible shaft as I feel that stiff shafts do not work for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    I'm after a swift racket with decent power as my game is based on placement/control and counter-attacks. I'm not an all-out hard hitter so I think that the Adipower range would not be suitable for me. Can anyone recommend something from the Precision range?

Rackets I've played with and liked:
    Kason F9 - Good power but can be slow on-court in terms of defence and overall speed, struggles a bit at the front court.
    Yonex VT80 - Good power but like the F9, is too slow for me and even slower at the net compared to the F9.
    Yonex Arc9FL - Lacks a bit in power but it's fast.

I normally prefer a flexible to semi-flexible shaft as I feel that stiff shafts do not work for me.

The Adipower Pro sounds like it would suit you which may surprise you. The two I had after being gripped and strung came out at a BP of 290mm and the rackets were quite flexible. They generate great power and were so easy to use.