User Tag List

Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 59 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,837 to 1,853 of 1855
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adidas does make quality stuff though the prices in some countries is too high. Hopefully, these signalled a change in strategy and not their departure from badminton.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyEyedBoyZ View Post
    Just curious, did he left on his own or was he released from his contract?
    He didn't say.

Usually player contracts are of one year duration. Both parties would have a choice of attempting a renewal or not.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Maybe they switched from a long-term to a more short-term strategy? Axelsen didnt win anything until the Swiss Open, and all their other players have been quiet too. I guess they realized their entry into the market will not work out without a big name.
    AFAIK, their policy was to focus on younger players and not necessarily big names. But although Axelson hasn't won many tournaments, I still think he gives the brand a lot of recognition.

If they had Lin Dan, then that is a different case. Who could turn down a big name like that if your resources allow? But it's very puzzling why Lin Dan isn't fully kitted out with an equipment sponsor. After all, if he has an agreement with adidas, he should be wearing the whole kit now. If it is another brand, then he should be fully kitted out in that brand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on what you said about Axelsen; although he didn't have massive success, the world of badminton loved him after his match with Taufik Hidayat in the Denmark Open. I think Adidas has made smart marketing decisions so far.

It must be weird for the CBA because everyone on the national squad uses Li-Ning, and although Lin Dan is seen by many as somewhat of an independent player (he expresses himself in nearly any way he wants), he still competes with China, so I assume there is some sort of grey area.

Maybe China doesn't want to break the bonds of the Chinese Badminton team? They always seem to be uniform, while other countries aren't united by a brand, really. It's just a theory.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope lin dan can still continue with Li ning , no matter is racket, shoe or anything else !

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's a funny story.

Through my work, I met a lady and through a casual conversation, she said she used to work for adidas. She and her husband noticed my adidas shoes and the conversation naturally turned to badminton since I was wearing the BT feather.

I remarked that I turned them into street shoes as I was unimpressed with the design. She then takes photos of my feet (with the shoes!) when I am pointing out the things I don't like about it and why I am trying out a different brand. Some of the stuff has her husband agreeing with me. She says at the end of it 'I know all the people in Adidas manufacturing. I am going to send these pictures to the COO (chief operating officer).'

That is one way to impress a badmintonfanatic.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you wear those shoes to work?!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometimes yes!

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Sometimes yes!
    Name:  party0030.gif
Views: 869
Size:  1,012 Bytes

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In Australia, you get guys wearing shorts to work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Axelson has left the Adidas brand and signed with Yonex.

This is from his Facebook.

That's a blow for Adidas. After a blaze of publicity, and sponsoring two tournaments, everything with Adidas has gone quiet. We had the possibility of Lin Dan signing up with Adidas but so far, there has been no public confirmation. Lin Dan has been seen with Adidas and Lining clothes, a variety of shoes and a no name racquet.

We know that Adidas Badminton is being run not by Adidas directly, but by a third party whose expertise is more with martial arts equipment.

Any internal troubles?
    I have to admit I'm shocked that Axelson have left Yonex. I wonder how much money they paid him to get him to switch?

As for Lin Dan going with Adidas? Really? Where did you get that rumor from? That's definitely news to me!

I think Adidas should just run this directly instead of subcontracting this to a third party. Badminton is a growing sport and is very popular in Asia. There's plenty of money to be made.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I have to admit I'm shocked that Axelson have left Yonex. I wonder how much money they paid him to get him to switch?

As for Lin Dan going with Adidas? Really? Where did you get that rumor from? That's definitely news to me!

I think Adidas should just run this directly instead of subcontracting this to a third party. Badminton is a growing sport and is very popular in Asia. There's plenty of money to be made.
    Hmm. Is the link between adidas and Lin Dan news to you? Where have you been for the last three to four months?

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm. Is the link between adidas and Lin Dan news to you? Where have you been for the last three to four months?
    Probably doing work at work instead of checking BC forum every 5 minutes... like me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Axelsen was the only promising prospect for Adidas. I'm only saying that cause he was able to make it fairly far in the tournaments for his matches to be played live or on youtube, etc.

A little disappointing on Adidas' part since it was looking so promising for 2015 with new releases and such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just been having a great time playing with my adipower duoforce. unfortunately, while playing a few days ago and halfway through a game I kept hitting mishits and then when I looked at my racket the shaft was turned at an angle. apparently, the screw inside the handle holding the shaft in place had gone loose and the wooden handle had also cracked. Now I have to send it for repairs. First time something like that has happened to me in all my years of playing badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one to get excited by the new Quickforcce shoes?
    The Dutch 'Zalando' (well known online shop in europe, best known in Holland for its unbelievably annoying tv ads); already had them on their website:
    http://www.zalando.nl/adidas-perform...2a1le-a11.html

I'm stocked, the past months I've been using the BT Feather as well as the Feather Elite (http://i3.ztat.net/large/AD/54/2A/1B...B1-H11@1.1.jpg)
    So far, the differences are negligable, I can interchange quite easily. I'm impressed with the quality, after wrecking yonex and asics shoes, these seem to hold up quite well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a funny story.

Through my work, I met a lady and through a casual conversation, she said she used to work for adidas. She and her husband noticed my adidas shoes and the conversation naturally turned to badminton since I was wearing the BT feather.

I remarked that I turned them into street shoes as I was unimpressed with the design. She then takes photos of my feet (with the shoes!) when I am pointing out the things I don't like about it and why I am trying out a different brand. Some of the stuff has her husband agreeing with me. She says at the end of it 'I know all the people in Adidas manufacturing. I am going to send these pictures to the COO (chief operating officer).'

That is one way to impress a badmintonfanatic.
    Actually, if the COO contacted YOU, that is one way to impress a badminton fanatic. Everything she did so far amounts to nothing but talk. I will be interested to see what Adidas does going forward in the near future for our beloved sport.