User Tag List

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Waiting for Adidas Badminton Bag....
    Seems like they are new bags in blue/silver and black/red. Looks like they could be a 9, 6 and rectangle version ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  424302_554632797898466_2129089116_n.jpg
Views: 2871
Size:  49.9 KB

Alright it's a nylon shuttle but it's being produced in the UK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysia and Indonedia will be around May 2013? well, sudirman cup 2013 will be in malaysia.. they are really declaring a war..

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    Name:  424302_554632797898466_2129089116_n.jpg
Views: 2871
Size:  49.9 KB

Alright it's a nylon shuttle but it's being produced in the UK.
    They look like Carlton shuttles (also comes as same skirt as the Adidas). Also the "Pure Carbon" as found in the Adipower is also marketed by that customworks brand run by an ex-Carlton employee and is probably the same thing as the Japanese HM Carbon used by Carlton?
    Any chance Dunlop is part of the Adidas Group ? Easy enough to look up (will check later) ...
    Last thing we need to hear is that the Adidas rackets will be 670mm long !

Name:  past_synthetic_shuttlecock.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  47.7 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    They look like Carlton shuttles (also comes as same skirt as the Adidas). Also the "Pure Carbon" as found in the Adipower is also marketed by that customworks brand run by an ex-Carlton employee and is probably the same thing as the Japanese HM Carbon used by Carlton?
    Any chance Dunlop is part of the Adidas Group ? Easy enough to look up (will check later) ...

Name:  past_synthetic_shuttlecock.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  47.7 KB
    Thought as well that Carlton may produce their shuttles after seeing them. The rackets however do not look like Carlton rackets.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But maybe they are using the same factory, this Pure Carbon thing is just a little too coincidental in combination with the shuttles . On the other hand of course the supply of such carbon is not or should not be exclusive to one factory ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Seems like they are new bags in blue/silver and black/red. Looks like they could be a 9, 6 and rectangle version ...
    Thanks for the info, demolidor... i could not wait to see the design and feel the quality...Surely it would be far better than Yonex SP bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Demolidor and others,

Hopefully I can help clarify the position on some of the points raised in your post. I am the owner of Customworqs and have also recently taken on a Marketing role launching adidas Badminton into the UK and Ireland. Customworqs and adidas use separate factories, they do not use the same carbon, and there has been no crossover in the development or production of rackets between the two companies. The adidas proposition is very broad catering for the performance player right the way through to those just getting started. Customworqs is niche, offering only custom built top end rackets.

With regard to your comment on shuttles adidas has developed its own range of synthetic and feather shuttles. Dunlop are part of the SportsDirect group, not adidas.

In the short time I have been in my role working with adidas Badminton Ive been hugely impressed with the product range developed by our Japanese engineers and the investment in R&D and believe it to be a massive positive step for our sport.

Hope this helps.

Mat (aka Eddie Hang)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll kill adidas badminton saying you're involved Jimmy Saville is trusted more round these parts than you it seems. When can we expect to see adidas badminton hit the UK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll kill adidas badminton saying you're involved [IMG]http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/121917-*New!-Adidas-Badminton/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG] Jimmy Saville is trusted more round these parts than you it seems. When can we expect to see adidas badminton hit the UK?
    Very funny f1rst, not my problem that some forumers don't like hearing the truth! Besides you should be happy there's badminton passion behind the brand rather than a Wilson lets try and shoehorn tennis into badminton! The UK range will be launched to trade early February 2013 with product on shelf in July / August. Should be good!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good thing about adidas is they have the financial power to go at badminton seriously and I think us, the customers, will benefit because of that. I'm a big fan of adidas clothing already, yonex stuff looks like a boob tube on my 6'4' frame so the prospect of a full adidas badminton range really excites me. Put me in the adidas fanboy category.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the shirts they posted on facebook. Not too boring but not too much as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. The apparel range is first class. When I heard they were coming into badminton, I was concerned it would be an indoor range of product which they would try and position as badminton. Not the case at all, everything has been developed specifically for badminton. They've also decided against third party distributors in key markets (UK being one) and gone with setting up their own subsidiaries - can only be good for badminton as demonstrates long term commitment to the sport.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there products will be sold by them direct and not through central sports/direct sports for example? Have you had a swing with any rackets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All through retailers. What I mean by subsidiaries is that it will be their own people selling and marketing adidas badminton rather than asking a third party distributor to do this who isn't employed by adidas badminton and who probably also distributes other brands to retailers. Yep I've had a swing, my pick of the range is the adizero pro. Quality is top notch as you would expect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any inside info / mini review on how the adipower pro and adizero pro play? And any hint at rough UK prices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting news! I absolutely love the apparel from Adidas (most of my training shirts are from Adidas), so it's nice to see them coming with a special badminton line. An understated style and sharpness. I believe Pi Hongyan was sponsored by Adidas (or even the entire French team). Yes, I'm really looking forward to it!

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast