User Tag List

Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Results 1,854 to 1,867 of 1867
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    Am I the only one to get excited by the new Quickforcce shoes?
    The Dutch 'Zalando' (well known online shop in europe, best known in Holland for its unbelievably annoying tv ads); already had them on their website:
    http://www.zalando.nl/adidas-perform...2a1le-a11.html

I'm stocked, the past months I've been using the BT Feather as well as the Feather Elite (http://i3.ztat.net/large/AD/54/2A/1B...B1-H11@1.1.jpg)
    So far, the differences are negligable, I can interchange quite easily. I'm impressed with the quality, after wrecking yonex and asics shoes, these seem to hold up quite well.
    That's surprising, I saw quite a few torn and damaged ones at a recent tournament, and mine were close to tearing as well when I finally decided to dump them for good. In my opinion, not a good shoe - the soles were WAY to stiff and I lost all feeling for the court, that combined with the low cut and very hard edge that pressed right against my ankle joint made them unwearable for me, despite giving it a very thorough try. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does the stiffness of app n apt compare to arc 10 and mx jjs or vtzf2?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mater View Post
    Actually, if the COO contacted YOU, that is one way to impress a badminton fanatic. Everything she did so far amounts to nothing but talk. I will be interested to see what Adidas does going forward in the near future for our beloved sport.
    Back with more news.

As you are all aware, after an initial flourish, we haven't been very impressed with Adidas badminton.

Initially, my sources told me Adidas were signing up Lin Dan and look at what has happened.

The news is that the original company that ran Adidas badminton has been removed from the scene and a new company is running Adidas badminton. Adidas will do another product launch in mid 2015 (as I was told).

BC has a direct line to the top guy in Adidas badminton.

It was only a brief conversation but waiting to hear more.

We talked a bit about Nozomi Okuhara and her using Adidas racquets - they signed her up after the World Junior Championships. But she was injured for a lot of last year. They are still trying to sign up people for the long run. I didn't get to ask what racquet she was using - too brief a conversation.

I will try to get some idea of how they will try to move forward from the previous attempt. Obviously, they will have to things a lot (and I mean a lot) better. Or will they be less ambitious and do the cunning plan approach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news...loved the Adizero pro though wish it comes in 3U...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wning View Post
    Good news...loved the Adizero pro though wish it comes in 3U...
    Wouldn't that miss the point of the adizero racquet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Wouldn't that miss the point of the adizero racquet?
    Yes, in a way but can't find anything in 3U that plays the same. I love the feel of the APZ but my game changed when I use it..my team mates kept telling me that my swing was very long compare to when I was using BS-12 3U. I had to swing much harder to clear from baseline to baseline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Back with more news.

As you are all aware, after an initial flourish, we haven't been very impressed with Adidas badminton.

Initially, my sources told me Adidas were signing up Lin Dan and look at what has happened.

The news is that the original company that ran Adidas badminton has been removed from the scene and a new company is running Adidas badminton. Adidas will do another product launch in mid 2015 (as I was told).

We talked a bit about Nozomi Okuhara and her using Adidas racquets - they signed her up after the World Junior Championships. But she was injured for a lot of last year. They are still trying to sign up people for the long run. I didn't get to ask what racquet she was using - too brief a conversation.

I will try to get some idea of how they will try to move forward from the previous attempt. Obviously, they will have to things a lot (and I mean a lot) better. Or will they be less ambitious and do the cunning plan approach?
    It looks like the (old colour) AdiPower Tour, she's wearing the new colourway BT Feather as well.

As for the company, from what I gather the Hong Kong company responsible has been taken of the Adidas Badminton brand. Now a Chinese company responsible for Adidas China (all of adidas in China) is doing the badminton branch.

As for 2015, who knows what's in store? Maybe a complete relaunch? Or perhaps they'll continue with the current line-up and slowly introduce their "own things"?
    For one, over the summer all rackets were introduced with a new colourway (the adipower Pro in Red, the Tour in White/Silver, the Duaforce in white/red. The adiZero pro in yellow, Adizero Tour in Blue). However they're not on the market yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally.....I hope they improve designs. Just a plain color with three stripes seems too classic for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Back with more news.

I notice that Adidas failed to launch this year's racquets back in September. It's almost December. Are those products delayed until mid-2015?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I notice that Adidas failed to launch this year's racquets back in September. It's almost December. Are those products delayed until mid-2015?
    Didn't ask that question. However it's a completely new team coming in. What would be easier? Continue with the old company's product or set up a new line that your team can be completely familiar with?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as they dont price their new stuff as ridiculously as before...there was really no way anyone was gonna buy an unproven brand's rackets when they were level or even more expensive than the market leader's most expensive ones...and don't get me started on the other products such as strings, bags and such...those weren't even near anyone else's. Would be a shame to repeat those mistakes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully they will improve their production and distribution

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    As long as they dont price their new stuff as ridiculously as before...there was really no way anyone was gonna buy an unproven brand's rackets when they were level or even more expensive than the market leader's most expensive ones...and don't get me started on the other products such as strings, bags and such...those weren't even near anyone else's. Would be a shame to repeat those mistakes.
    Adidas rackets were considerably cheaper than Yonex in the UK, around 90-120 for a top end racket compared to 140-170 for the top end Yonex rackets and played just as well imo. Which is about the same price Victor priced their high end rackets when they properly entered the European market a few years earlier, when 90 was still a fair amount for a racket. Shoes were also cheaper and shuttles were as well (for the brief moment they were available). No idea on shoe quality or clothing but the strings were fine (nothing special) but the shuttles were very good indeed.

However the main problem I think was not keeping any kind of momentum behind their products and their advertising (post launch) was all over the place. At one time they were advertising a racket on their Facebook page (the duoforce) which wasn't available anywhere other than Hong Kong and the USA, leaving a lot of people a little bit annoyed as they mentioned they weren't launching it anywhere else...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, here the Tour and Pro rackets cost between 130 and 180, with both adipower rackets at 160 and 180 iirc. At that time, the most expensive Yonex racket cost 160 at the most expensive shops (adidas was only.available in one or two, and there were no price differences). The triple bags were a ridiculous 130, with the most expensive bag by any other brand sitting at 80...and strings were a pricing disaster as well. I believe reels were around 150-170, and at that time Bg80 was still at 100...
    While I didnt test the newer version of the BT feather, I had nothing but problems with the older version, so I doubt it was a much better shoe. It was pretty expensive as well, but not out of the normal range for high-end shoes.
    Advertising here was rather weak, and part of the problem might have been their sponsorship contracts which were rather unattractive...