User Tag List

Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 75 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paroxysmal View Post
    Thats a lovely unboxing review.

Could you please mention the weight of each racquet? Adi Pro is around 85-87gm and the last one was around 80gm. What about the other 2?

Coming to switch - Though the concept is interesting, how much difference would it make while playing? Earlier we used to wind a tape on the rim of the racquet. How much is the weight of the racquet without the additional rim?

Eager to hear the individual racquet review from you.
    adipower pro is speced at 88 grams +/- 2g.
    precision 88 is also speced at 88 grams
    switch pro is 85 grams.
    adizero pro is 80 grams

in terms of weight, looking at the whole top of the line racket of each series, adipower average around 89 grams. adizero average around 80 grams, precision is all over the place, but mostly around 85 grams. switch is around 84grams.

i haven't weighed the switch pro on my scale. i will do that later tonight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Thanks for the updates. Cant wait myself to try these.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    for rackets, there are 4 ranges. adipower / adizero / precision / switch. the tradeshow photo they had posted on their facebook page shows approximately how many rackets are in each range. each rack is one separate model (almost), which give an idea how extensive and comprehensive their initial launch would look like:
    I already knew about the rackets different series, you were commenting on the bags having more designs before ...
    These here at the trade show I have already seen most of them, just wondering if there are more series besides these two? I guess the pro will have to grow on you, initially they looked like something was actually growing out of them and the blue/silver looked decent enough initially but ultimately they are just plain average designs.
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-09-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    I made this unboxing video after I received the package from Adidas. Just want to share the goods as well as excitement with you guys...

You know what this makes you, right?
    A certified Shopping Channel presenter!
    Nice video, though... the individual racquet cases look slick!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Away from the forum for 24h and some great posts in this thread.

I don't see Adidas making great inroads into the Malaysian market on their top end racquets. I see Malaysian consumers as being very, very price sensitive. People are quite happy using a midrange Yonex racquet or Apacs etc.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sure it will be success here in Brunei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I should read a bit more and search. But let me make an excuse for being lazy... Anyone know when these rackets will be introduced to US market?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Ok, I should read a bit more and search. But let me make an excuse for being lazy... Anyone know when these rackets will be introduced to US market?
    April.

i will have more info early next week after i meet with the top guy in charge of US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Away from the forum for 24h and some great posts in this thread.

I don't see Adidas making great inroads into the Malaysian market on their top end racquets. I see Malaysian consumers as being very, very price sensitive. People are quite happy using a midrange Yonex racquet or Apacs etc.
    For some maybe.. Top ends rackets sell very well here as well!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I already knew about the rackets different series, you were commenting on the bags having more designs before ...
    These here at the trade show I have already seen most of them, just wondering if there are more series besides these two? I guess the pro will have to grow on you, initially they looked like something was actually growing out of them and the blue/silver looked decent enough initially but ultimately they are just plain average designs.
    oh. the bags. yeah. there is the black/red pro bag, and there is the blue tour bag. there is one more pro bag color, white/red. i believe that has the same design as the black/red one, just different color. i don't know if anyone has posted pics of that one yet.

oh wait. the white/red pro bag is in the picture also. at the top right corner.

that's all AFAIK, there are bunch of variations like backpack, racket backpack, shoe bags, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kwun

many thanks for your info. very helpful for us to get familiar with adidas new products

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i wonder if the plastic weight strip on the Switch racket will fly out when you play because of the momentum that it has when you play. i guess i will know tomorrow since i'm assuming you will be playing with them?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun

Great video. I'm sure that aside from rackets, many players will be eagerly awaiting news on the quality of the shuttles. Where I coach, I regularly need speed 79 and this seems to be a problem for some manufacturers.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll wait for these racekts before buying a new racket . Thx for sharing all the nice info, kwun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If adidas wants to send some racquets to me in Kelowna, British Columbia I'd be happy to spread the good adidas news around the okanagan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am super excited after watching Kwun's video, looking at the innovative stuff they put into the racquets and strings it seems ADIDAS is SERIOUS about badminton....this can only be good news for the game is growing stale with yonex, victor and li ning dominating but not re-invigorating the badminton industry....time for change !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the unboxing video and share the excitement with all of us here , kwun..
    Personally, i prefer the green/grey racket- the switch pro adidas racket.. the colour scheme is really cool and it is very creative for a badminton racket.. Besides, love the adding weight on top of the racket preference function.. With that, badminton players do not need any extra tapes to add weight on the racket anymore..

Btw, can i know the max tension for those adidas racket and how many types of grip size are there?

As for the shirt/shorts of adidas badminton, i'm sure they have the 'specialty' of producing a badminton jersey which looks cool and elegant on court. Some football jersey are of great quality though, who knows they will be producing badminton jerseys with numbers on it? and not forgetting the price is 'greater' though..I'm sure too that adidas would surely know what could they do to compete with other badminton giant company like yonex, li ning and victor, they should set a reasonable price for the highest and finest quality out there... Which in this aspect I think yonex will be greatly challenged in the future.

Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 75 ... LastLast