User Tag List

Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 88 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the paintjob looks awesome to me. from what i can see it is dragon style - if there is the same with fish, i need to find a good excuse for a new racket!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one would you pick for doubles game? i am leaning towards the Adipower Tour... Adizero Pro seems too light. Kwun hasn't got any more info on the Adipower Tour and Adiprecission Tour yet but from the spec on fb page, Adipower Tour might be powerful doubles racket... waiting for Kwun's review...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adipower pro, I guess...the adipower force looks indeed like a force to be reckoned with, but too slow to be of any real use in doubles (looks even heavier than the N90 :O). The adipower pro looks really promising and according to kwun's review it's similar to the Arc10 which was a really popular choice in doubles...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    In Birmingham too. I wonder where in Birmingham they are going to do this.
    They are having a badminton showcase event with Victor Axelsen at Birmingham University Munrow sports centre on 4th March. I wonder if this is the same event? I am sort of helping out organise it by trying to get people to come along.

If anyone is interested (in the showcase event) the Facebook event can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/events/291778877615068/

It explains who to E-mail to reserve your tickets.

If anyone has any queries you can ask me via PM or E-mail the primary organiser who's details are in the Facebook event.

Kwun, if you aren't happy with this being here feel free to remove/ edit it (wasn't too sure on the rules for linking to a Facebook event or advertising events in general)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no problem. but can someone, maybe Sevex, take some pics and post it here in BC? would be really cool for the rest of us who cannot attend.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

more piccies. this time it is for the precision 88. the design is rather unique, esp when it is a departure from the "Adidas DNA" of designs.

Attachment 138029Attachment 138030Attachment 138031Attachment 138032

full on dragon design, with the dragon looking shaft paint and the clouds on the frame, with the dimple looking frame at 3/9 oclock that looks like scales of a dragon....i dont know that's the first thing that hit me when i first looked at the pics.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arowana View Post
    the paintjob looks awesome to me. from what i can see it is dragon style - if there is the same with fish, i need to find a good excuse for a new racket!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycril View Post
    totally amazed by the paint-job.
    the concept of dragon design is very interesting and they made bumps like dragon scale at the frame too, it's unique, and I wish it's effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    full on dragon design, with the dragon looking shaft paint and the clouds on the frame, with the dimple looking frame at 3/9 oclock that looks like scales of a dragon....i dont know that's the first thing that hit me when i first looked at the pics.
    scales is exactly what i thought when i first saw it. the design is indeed very interesting and unique. a dragon with scales that cuts through the air. the racket plays well too. the review will be posted soon.

but before that, can anyone guess... why? why such a design out of the blue?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    adipower pro, I guess...the adipower force looks indeed like a force to be reckoned with, but too slow to be of any real use in doubles (looks even heavier than the N90 :O). The adipower pro looks really promising and according to kwun's review it's similar to the Arc10 which was a really popular choice in doubles...
    for strong doubles player, i would suggest adipower pro. powerful, not that heavy.

for someone prefer faster and fastest game and don't mind lighter racket, the adizero pro.

the adipower duoforce and tour also look interesting. the duoforce more so coz the tour maybe a bit soft. i'll see if i can get a sample for reviewing.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re dragon design

^ cause they were gonna release it in year of dragon but got delayed and will release it anyways in year of snake... which looks like dragon anyways?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scales is exactly what i thought when i first saw it. the design is indeed very interesting and unique. a dragon with scales that cuts through the air. the racket plays well too. the review will be posted soon.

wanna attract more chinese player and get more sales in China?

The precision section is more like the ''arc'' series in yonex right? But why they're emphasizing on speed?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

for strong doubles player, i would suggest adipower pro. powerful, not that heavy.

for someone prefer faster and fastest game and don't mind lighter racket, the adizero pro.

the adipower duoforce and tour also look interesting. the duoforce more so coz the tour maybe a bit soft. i'll see if i can get a sample for reviewing.
    also to clarify, the adipower force and adipower pro are classified by Adidas as singles racket, while the adipower duoforce and adipower tour are classified as doubles racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my guess: they signed the dragon player and this is his new weapon. wonder who it is? to confirm, it is not me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no problem. but can someone, maybe Sevex, take some pics and post it here in BC? would be really cool for the rest of us who cannot attend.
    I can try and take pictures. Although my micro four thirds camera is hardly designed for badminton action! Neither do I usually take action shots. I might be able to ask some of photographer friends at Birmingham uni who play badminton if I could borrow their pictures (they are bound to take some). They have DSLR's with PDAF more suited to action shots than CDAF!

I should be fine for non-action shots though!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wanna attract more chinese player and get more sales in China?
    yeah. as i was told it is designed for the Chinese market. but later on they releasing it for everyone else.

from the positive reactions here, it seems like it is a good idea.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The precision section is more like the ''arc'' series in yonex right? But why they're emphasizing on speed?
    not quite. the precision series is kinda different. it is not about speed nor about power. it is about control.

and from what i can understand looking at the whole line, Adidas believe that a softer shaft means more control. they seem to believe in the idea that dwell time is something that one look for in a control racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Adidas believe that a softer shaft means more control ...
    Sorry to take that out of context, i would expect quite the opposite. However, the design of the dragonracket still looks nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not quite. the precision series is kinda different. it is not about speed nor about power. it is about control.

and from what i can understand looking at the whole line, Adidas believe that a softer shaft means more control. they seem to believe in the idea that dwell time is something that one look for in a control racket.
    Looks like Adidas i singing a different tune (唱反调-translated it) to Yonex. Yonex is already starting to make rackets like arc11 and FB which is rated stiff, while Adidas is making flexible racket and saying that softer shaft makes better control. What a paranoid that is.

Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 88 ... LastLast