User Tag List

Page 75 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,259 to 1,275 of 1814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ what string and frequency ?

that would help us determine
    how far off the tension is

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already posted. It's a few pages back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm somewhat pissed off that the post office didn't deliver the racket today. It cleared customs early this morning and they had the whole day to deliver to me, but they didn't. I don't think they do deliveries on the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday to get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    Too eager and couldn't stand waiting till sunday to try the adipower tour. Hence, decided to go to my friend's session tonight and try out. Sad to say, my 1st impression of the racquet is pretty bad to be honest. 2 main reasons....1stly, the string tension from MBS is really sub-par, my 26lbs felt like 22-23lbs and even my spare racquets tension is higher. 2ndly, this racquet is too flexible I think. Having come from playing with flexible and even-balance racquet previously, until I slowly change to slightly stiffer racquets in the form of my Victor Meteor & BS series, it still took me quite sometime to get used to the flexy nature of the racquet....while it's whippy, but it totally lack power and I need to use more wrist to generate the power....as I mentioned b4, I'm not sure the lack of power is due to the low tension or the flexy shaft, but my baseline smash simply can't make it....the control of this racquet is quite bad as well, it's too bouncy for me to direct my shots for accurate & consistent clears or strokes....it's also quite unforgiving as I find the sweetspot pretty small....this racquet is definitely quite light and even-balance....I thought it was more of a 4U racquet and it felt more lighter than my 4U MX-JJS and BS-LYD....defence is good as I could swing my racquet faster and the reaction was also faster, hence drives was also faster albeit the bouncy shots make it hard for me to keep it flat....overall it took me some time to get used to the faster swing action as I mistimed quite a few smashes initially...I'll be cutting away the string and going for a re-string tml.....hopefully during my Sun game, I can give more positive feedbacks after string problem is settled.....sorry if I burst the bubble of those interested in this model....but frankly speaking, it juz doesn't feel right for me....I've tried so many Victor racquets and I've always able to adapt to their racquet pretty fast for Victor models as their racquet are pretty consistent and reliable, it's only abt finding the right balance and weight of the racquet....but this adipower tour seems to be lacking the edge in quite a few departments....fyi, my current 1st choice of racquet used is a 3U MX-60 followed by 4U MX-JJS....while JJS is abit stiff to my liking, at times it's pretty useful for different types of opponents....sorry if my post is abit hard to read as I can't seem to enter new paragraphs?
    Damn! Is there a reason why you didn't consider the Adizero Pro or the Duoforce?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Im somewhat pissed off that the post office didn't deliver the racket today. It cleared customs early this morning and they had the whole day to deliver to me, but they didn't. I don't think they do deliveries on the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday to get it.
    To receive the package from SE
    Asia in 7 days is already amazing, so 5 days would be unusually exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    To receive the package from SE
    Asia in 7 days is already amazing, so 5 days would be unusually exceptional.
    Technically HK isn't considered to be SE Asia. It's usually considered to be part of East Asia or referred to as in the Far East.

As for shipping time, I did paid for express delivery...So the guy mailed the racket on May 7th. It left HK on May 8th. It cleared customs on May 10th. It arrived at the post office and it's in transit on the same day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn! Is there a reason why you didn't consider the Adizero Pro or the Duoforce?
    My preference was always for a less stiffer racquet like the MX-60, hence when Pro and Duoforce was rated stiff and head-heavy, I thought the specs of Tour would suit me better...but i'm seriously confused now as Duoforce specs seems to be head-light and stiff while the Pro is considered head-heavy and stiff...so technically Pro seems to be best racquet amongst the whole series for players which are more advanced with good techniques then followed by Duoforce or Tour? But base on pricing, Duoforce is most expensive meaning it's the best racquet? But head-light racquets are seldom considered the best?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Happened to be walking around today and I stumbled across a couple of interesting items. Had my camera with me and ......Name:  IMGL7061.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  185.7 KBName:  IMGL7064.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  164.0 KBName:  IMGL7066.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  166.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too eager and couldn't stand waiting till sunday to try the adipower tour. Hence, decided to go to my friend's session tonight and try out. Sad to say, my 1st impression of the racquet is pretty bad to be honest. 2 main reasons....1stly, the string tension from MBS is really sub-par, my 26lbs felt like 22-23lbs and even my spare racquets tension is higher. 2ndly, this racquet is too flexible I think. Having come from playing with flexible and even-balance racquet previously, until I slowly change to slightly stiffer racquets in the form of my Victor Meteor & BS series, it still took me quite sometime to get used to the flexy nature of the racquet....while it's whippy, but it totally lack power and I need to use more wrist to generate the power....as I mentioned b4, I'm not sure the lack of power is due to the low tension or the flexy shaft, but my baseline smash simply can't make it....the control of this racquet is quite bad as well, it's too bouncy for me to direct my shots for accurate & consistent clears or strokes....it's also quite unforgiving as I find the sweetspot pretty small....this racquet is definitely quite light and even-balance....I thought it was more of a 4U racquet and it felt more lighter than my 4U MX-JJS and BS-LYD....defence is good as I could swing my racquet faster and the reaction was also faster, hence drives was also faster albeit the bouncy shots make it hard for me to keep it flat....overall it took me some time to get used to the faster swing action as I mistimed quite a few smashes initially...I'll be cutting away the string and going for a re-string tml.....hopefully during my Sun game, I can give more positive feedbacks after string problem is settled.....sorry if I burst the bubble of those interested in this model....but frankly speaking, it juz doesn't feel right for me....I've tried so many Victor racquets and I've always able to adapt to their racquet pretty fast for Victor models as their racquet are pretty consistent and reliable, it's only abt finding the right balance and weight of the racquet....but this adipower tour seems to be lacking the edge in quite a few departments....fyi, my current 1st choice of racquet used is a 3U MX-60 followed by 4U MX-JJS....while JJS is abit stiff to my liking, at times it's pretty useful for different types of opponents....sorry if my post is abit hard to read as I can't seem to enter new paragraphs?
    Seems to me like you're confusing the soft feel of the strings with the racket flex (happened to me as well a couple months back, when I hadn't tested out as many different strings/tensions). I tested the AP Tour quite thoroughly (well, as thorough as you can be in one session) and the racket itself wasn't very flexible. I'm used to playing with the Bs09/12, so maybe I feel a bit different about racket flexibility than you do, but when I played with the 20-23lbs strings I couldn't tell anything about the racket flexibility tbh.

I think you can only make decent comparisons of racket flexibility from a certain tension upwards (as low tensions take away feeling) and with a string/tension that's pretty close to your usual setup.
    Having played with pretty much the whole range that'll be available in Germany this year I could only really test the rackets' speed and handling, while I could only feel a difference in flex when it was a somewhat extreme difference (the difference between the adizero pro and tour was noticeable, for example).

It should be noted that the 3 Tour models all play a lot easier and faster than their Pro counterparts, and that the adiprecision and adizero Tour have Bravesword-like frames which the Pro models don't have.
    The adipower Tour, while not flexible, is a pretty even-balanced racket, somewhere between the Arc11 and Arc7 in both speed (more like the 7) and stiffness (more towards the 11). The adipower Pro, as kwun mentioned, was most similar to a Arc10/11, but for me it felt a bit head heavier (similar to a 2U Arc10, actually).
    Last edited by j4ckie; 05-11-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My preference was always for a less stiffer racquet like the MX-60, hence when Pro and Duoforce was rated stiff and head-heavy, I thought the specs of Tour would suit me better...but i'm seriously confused now as Duoforce specs seems to be head-light and stiff while the Pro is considered head-heavy and stiff...so technically Pro seems to be best racquet amongst the whole series for players which are more advanced with good techniques then followed by Duoforce or Tour? But base on pricing, Duoforce is most expensive meaning it's the best racquet? But head-light racquets are seldom considered the best?
    I think you're reading too much into the specs. There's no standard to follow to determine the stiffness of a racket. I wouldn't be able to tell you if the Duoforce is a better racket or not. I'm still waiting for the post office to deliver the racket to me. My package have already cleared customs and odds are very high that I'll get it by Monday. If that happens, my first opportunity to use it will be next Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Happened to be walking around today and I stumbled across a couple of interesting items. Had my camera with me and ......
    I don't get it. What's so interesting about them? I've seen those items in the Adidas catalogue already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Seems to me like you're confusing the soft feel of the strings with the racket flex (happened to me as well a couple months back, when I hadn't tested out as many different strings/tensions). I tested the AP Tour quite thoroughly (well, as thorough as you can be in one session) and the racket itself wasn't very flexible. I'm used to playing with the Bs09/12, so maybe I feel a bit different about racket flexibility than you do, but when I played with the 20-23lbs strings I couldn't tell anything about the racket flexibility tbh.

I think you can only make decent comparisons of racket flexibility from a certain tension upwards (as low tensions take away feeling) and with a string/tension that's pretty close to your usual setup.
    Having played with pretty much the whole range that'll be available in Germany this year I could only really test the rackets' speed and handling, while I could only feel a difference in flex when it was a somewhat extreme difference (the difference between the adizero pro and tour was noticeable, for example).

It should be noted that the 3 Tour models all play a lot easier and faster than their Pro counterparts, and that the adiprecision and adizero Tour have Bravesword-like frames which the Pro models don't have.
    The adipower Tour, while not flexible, is a pretty even-balanced racket, somewhere between the Arc11 and Arc7 in both speed (more like the 7) and stiffness (more towards the 11). The adipower Pro, as kwun mentioned, was most similar to a Arc10/11, but for me it felt a bit head heavier (similar to a 2U Arc10, actually).
    I thought he said the Duoforce was the most similar to the Arc10/11.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't get it. What's so interesting about them? I've seen those items in the Adidas catalogue already.
    Oh, not impressed. Fair enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Oh, not impressed. Fair enough.
    I thought you were going to show something unique or something that's not listed in the catalogue!

Were the shoes available? I still don't see them offered online. While waiting for my Duoforce to arrive, I was hoping you would take a good quality picture to show whether there are issues with the finishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he said the Duoforce was the most similar to the Arc10/11.
    In his AP Pro review, he said the most comparable YY racket was the Arc10. The Duoforce should be a tad lighter, I believe.
    In my opinion, the 3U Arc10 and Arc11 swing a bit faster than the AP Pro though, but the 2U Arc10 I tested a while back felt not too different (from the AP Pro).
    I think the (3U) VT80 should still be heavier, although it's been a while since I played more than a few shots with one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    In his AP Pro review, he said the most comparable YY racket was the Arc10. The Duoforce should be a tad lighter, I believe.
    In my opinion, the 3U Arc10 and Arc11 swing a bit faster than the AP Pro though, but the 2U Arc10 I tested a while back felt not too different (from the AP Pro).
    I think the (3U) VT80 should still be heavier, although it's been a while since I played more than a few shots with one.
    Argh, the wait is killing me. If the post office had delivered my racket today, I would be playing this Sunday to find out for myself how the Duoforce is like. Now it's most likely Monday before I get it and it'll be next Wednesday before I can test it for myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought you were going to show something unique or something that's not listed in the catalogue!

Were the shoes available? I still don't see them offered online. While waiting for my Duoforce to arrive, I was hoping you would take a good quality picture to show whether there are issues with the finishing.
    Yes. Shoes are available. Hmm didnt think of taking photos of the shoes. They feel fairly robust but the acid test is how well they play and how long they last for. I will have a better look at the shoes next time. Due to previous ankle injuries, I am rather careful about choice of shoes so I am not sure wether I'll go for the shoes.

My issue is that the soles on some models are black. Some gyms are very particular about black soles. Even if you argue they are non-marking, the sportshall attendants won't want to take that risk with black soles shoes.

Page 75 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast