User Tag List

Page 81 of 110 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,377 of 1855
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Precision Pro and Adipower Tour.

they have somewhat similar specs but plays differently.

Precision Pro has a more damped feel (more "Yonex" if you may). but still lively on hit, but don't have the same crispness of other Adidas racket.

Adipower Tour is more characteristics of Adidas: less damped, crisp, good feedback, more soild. feels stiffer than Precision Pro. more powerful.

out of the two, it is hard to choose. it'd boil down to preference on the feel. for me i like the adipower tour better.

i tested them using the same string and tension (ZM65@23/25.3)

out of all the Adidas rackets i got, here are my order of preference:

adipower duoforce
    adipower tour
    adipower pro
    adizero pro
    precision pro
    precision 88
    switch pro
    adipower force
    You're in a league of your own. I wished I had the same amount of time and opportunity to try out those Adidas rackets! I can't buy them all, but thanks to you for leading me to the Duoforce.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    No, it won't be perfect because those are two very distinct rackets. From what I gather, the Adizero Pro is probably more similar to the Voltric 80 than it is to the FB.
    Nah... AZP is medium shaft, 82g, bp295mm (just checked their website), whereas
    FB 4U if made would be 83g, bp295mm, medium shaft (even though it says stiff but flexing it it feels medium).

VT80 4U is 83g, bp315mm!, pretty stiff shaft in comparison.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Nah... AZP is medium shaft, 82g, bp295mm (just checked their website), whereas
    FB 4U if made would be 83g, bp295mm, medium shaft (even though it says stiff but flexing it it feels medium).

VT80 4U is 83g, bp315mm!, pretty stiff shaft in comparison.
    Ok, but that's just an assumption of what a 4U FB would be like. From what I gather, I definitely don't think the FB and the Adizero Pro would be similar. They'll feel different in play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assumption on feel maybe but by definition of a 4u those would basically be the specs based on what the 6u is.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yep... i'm not the touchy feely type... i work with the specs, head wt and all

from what i know of 3u, 4u rackets that i've measure, i can appoximately estimate the specs of the 5u or even 4u fb

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    Assumption on feel maybe but by definition of a 4u those would basically be the specs based on what the 6u is.
    Even if you want to go with specs, there will be variation in weight too. Even if it's a 4U and that really just classify a range, it could be 80g, 81g, or 82g.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think visor just assumed 83 cause that's in the middle of the 4u range. But you're right. On topic: is there a review of the adipower tour yet? I saw one for the pro.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    No, it won't be perfect because those are two very distinct rackets. From what I gather, the Adizero Pro is probably more similar to the Voltric 80 than it is to the FB.
    Nah, not even close. The VT80 is a battle-axe in comparison. Keep in mind that the 4U VT80s are usually just below 85g, unlike the AZ Pro which is aiming at 81-83g, and has a whole 20mm on it in terms of balance.
    The AZ Pro is probably the middle ground between these two extremes, although for me the listed specs are actually close to the limit of what's still usable without significantly weakening your whole offensive game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    I think visor just assumed 83 cause that's in the middle of the 4u range. But you're right. On topic: is there a review of the adipower tour yet? I saw one for the pro.
    Someone did a couple of pages ago. I think he's in Singapore. He said he didn't like the racket.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Nah, not even close. The VT80 is a battle-axe in comparison. Keep in mind that the 4U VT80s are usually just below 85g, unlike the AZ Pro which is aiming at 81-83g, and has a whole 20mm on it in terms of balance.
    The AZ Pro is probably the middle ground between these two extremes, although for me the listed specs are actually close to the limit of what's still usable without significantly weakening your whole offensive game.
    Regardless of the numbers, I was and am still expecting the Adizero Pro to be less extreme than the Voltric 80. However, like I said a while back, after trying out a bunch of rackets over the past month, I think I know what type of racket that I like. I'm going to avoid rackets like the Voltric 80 going forward. If I upgrade in the future, I'm only going to get rackets like the Adidas Duoforce or Yonex Arc FB.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun, this is for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Precision Pro and Adipower Tour.

they have somewhat similar specs but plays differently.

Precision Pro has a more damped feel (more "Yonex" if you may). but still lively on hit, but don't have the same crispness of other Adidas racket.

Adipower Tour is more characteristics of Adidas: less damped, crisp, good feedback, more soild. feels stiffer than Precision Pro. more powerful.

out of the two, it is hard to choose. it'd boil down to preference on the feel. for me i like the adipower tour better.

i tested them using the same string and tension (ZM65@23/25.3)

out of all the Adidas rackets i got, here are my order of preference:

adipower duoforce
    adipower tour
    adipower pro
    adizero pro
    precision pro
    precision 88
    switch pro
    adipower force
    Awaiting your thorough review of the AP Tour, since it rank No.2 for u...i'm interested to find out how u feel about this racquet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible the Duoforce is growing on me. I played much better after a 2 hour session during the weekend. I have now spent 4 hours using the Duoforce. The timing issues have been resolved and I suppose after the initial learning curve, this racket feels very natural to me. I think the biggest improvement that I noticed during the weekend was my defence. I have no issues with offence. I was able to defend against most of the hardest smashes. What really surprised me was how there was this play where the birdie was hit slightly past me and I had to do one of those awkward looking backhand and was still able to hit the birdie towards the rear of the court. To this day I've been able to only do that with my Arc FB. I haven't been able to do that with any other racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May i know the Adidas Racket is made in where? How the quality of the racket??

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1953 View Post
    May i know the Adidas Racket is made in where? How the quality of the racket??
    well..it is made in china.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Data from the neighbours (AT700) - measured with Gosen GM31 swingweight measurement machine

Name:  GM31_m.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  98.0 KB

adipower pro

重 g SW
    90 - 89
    87.5 - 87

adipower tour
    85.5 - 84

adizero pro
    84 - 81
    84 - 83

adizero tour
    84.5 - 81
    84 - 80

precision pro
    85.5 - 84
    88.5 - 87

precision tour
    86 - 84
    83.5 - 79

With the following note:

随便抽查2支
    看数据国产球拍的通病
    一般差2个数值
    最多同一只拍尽然79 和 84

所以
    买国产拍,最好秤一秤
    Last edited by demolidor; 05-21-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ Those swingweights are as expected as all those Adidas rackets are head light other than power pro.

Page 81 of 110 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast