User Tag List

Page 82 of 110 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,378 to 1,394 of 1855
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, except perhaps the Adizero ones. You'd think the numbers were switched around? But the swingweights never have .5 in them so probably in the right order ...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? The SW of my current favourite racket is 42g.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played another 2 intense hours with the Duoforce today. I think I'm falling in love with this racket. I still haven't got around to test and review the 5U Arc FB that is lying on my desk. I will get to that this Sunday. I promise.

I don't know what it is, but my defence was really good today. It was much better than last weekend and certainly much better than last week. The Duoforce have been an absolute joy to use over the past 2 sessions (totalling about 4 hours of intense play). Like Kwun said in his review, the racket have more power than I can possibly take advantage of. I don't know what more to really say about this racket. It is probably the best offensive oriented racket I have ever used. I'm liking it so much that I'm thinking of ordering another one as a backup.

As for which one is better, Duoforce or 6U FB, I can't make up my mind. They both play differently, but I like both. Again, I will probably need an entire summer to come to a conclusion. It's even harder now that I have a 5U Arc FB. It's like trying to pick between the BMW M3 or the Mercedez-Benz C63. Nonetheless, I wouldn't have it any other way and I am quite fortunate to be in a position where I can test out all of these rackets.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow. You have both cars....man, I'm deprived

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    LOL! No, I'm just saying it's that hard to pick...I wish I have both cars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I think what he meant was choosing between the Audi R8 or a Porsche 911

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, after being held in customs for about 12 days, I've just received my duoforce! For the people interested in ordering from MBS: I paid an extra 25 euro (12 for customs handling, rest are taxes.. price of the racket on the invoice was 480 HK dollar) to customs/Post (I'm from Belgium).

Still have to wait till next tuesday to test the racket, but I'll post my impressions then.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maartendq View Post
    Yay, after being held in customs for about 12 days, I've just received my duoforce! For the people interested in ordering from MBS: I paid an extra 25 euro (12 for customs handling, rest are taxes.. price of the racket on the invoice was 480 HK dollar) to customs/Post (I'm from Belgium).

Still have to wait till next tuesday to test the racket, but I'll post my impressions then.
    12 days..thats a long time.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    12 days..thats a long time.
    12 days is quick , not called Express for nothing , 3 weeks is no exception for regular mail and the longest I have had to wait was 5 weeks -.- (of course the Belgian customs handling might be a little quicker than at the northerly neighbour).
    So I guess there is no upfront tax declaring yet, which didn't come at a surprise when I saw it came with speedpost, which is Hong Kong Post rather than a courier service like DHL, etc.

Hopefully our UK EMS victim will update us on his progress

Quote Originally Posted by mcken200 View Post
    I couldn't resist I had to order Duoforce & power hybrid strings.... can't wait but did anyone else that ordered have to pay extra taxes at the checkout ? I had to pay about 12 extra
    Yes, maartendq also reported it and still had to pay tax on arrival but as expected the package was marked at a low value ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 05-25-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    12 days is quick , not called Express for nothing , 3 weeks is no exception for regular mail and the longest I have had to wait was 5 weeks -.- (of course the Belgian customs handling might be a little quicker than at the northerly neighbour).
    So I guess there is no upfront tax declaring yet, which didn't come at a surprise when I saw it came with speedpost, which is Hong Kong Post rather than a courier service like DHL, etc.

Hopefully our UK EMS victim will update us on his progress

Yes, maartendq also reported it and still had to pay tax on arrival but as expected the package was marked at a low value ...
    It was held in customs for 12 days, not delivered in 12.....and that is really slow. Should only be held in customs for 1-2 days before you can go and pick it up. Or 2-4 days if it's like here, where Frankfurt customs decide whether you get it directly or not, which takes 1-2 days (sometimes more), and then forwards it. If you have to go to your local office and provide the bill it usually takes another 2 days - 1 day for them to receive and register it and another where they send you a small letter via express.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My order was despatched on the 15th and took a couple days to reach the UK. Unfortunately it got held in customs for a few days, I had to wait for the letter from parcel force to arrive to know what the damage was.It came to 20 (12 for duty tax & 8 "handling fees").

Feeling cheated but desperate I decided to pay for these extortionate fees... So now I have to wait till tuesday for delivery...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    It was held in customs for 12 days, not delivered in 12.....and that is really slow. Should only be held in customs for 1-2 days before you can go and pick it up. Or 2-4 days if it's like here, where Frankfurt customs decide whether you get it directly or not, which takes 1-2 days (sometimes more), and then forwards it. If you have to go to your local office and provide the bill it usually takes another 2 days - 1 day for them to receive and register it and another where they send you a small letter via express.
    I didn't include shipping time with those 5 weeks . That was counted from the day I received and sent back a letter to cough up the real value with a paypal receipt but for the regular 3 weeks I might have. Still that is usually at most one week shipping and two weeks in storage; dutch [and belgian] customs are quite slow and they are legally entitled to hold it for 30 days to process it plus the postal service collects the tax at the door when delivering so you don't even get a letter in advance how much you have to pay and you can only pay cash ; otherwise pickup at the closest post office later. Of course I am only talking about ones that are put aside and marked for inspection, otherwise they are indeed sent on in 1-2 days (packages are never really at customs, it's the postal service that has storage and entitled to handle clearance)

Makes me wonder what MBS is charging? I didn't expect them to be able to declare taxes upfront and turns out they can't. Probably, extra charge for EMS shipping as I originally thought, unless of course it specifically states something like "VAT charges" ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 05-25-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately my joy did not last very long. After close inspection of the racket friday, I discovered a pretty big crack on the frame at the t-joint, leaving it quite useless to play with. Damage was most likely caused by not handling the package with care and I'll have to file a damage complaint at the post-office.

The good news is a new racket will be sent by MBS, the bad news is that I'll have to pay the taxes again and wait for another 2 weeks for the rackets (unless customs goes a bit faster now)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw some prices at a french webshop: DuoForce 153 euro, Power & Zero Pro 145, Power Tour & Precision Pro 135, Zero Tour 125, Precision Tour 100 ... still two weeks to go before they are available.

Just noticed something at the bottom: buy 2 x DuoForce for 272 euro, 3 x DuoForce for 383 (all prices incl. 19.6% VAT).
    Last edited by demolidor; 05-27-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's arrived !!! will have to wait for my friend to come back from holiday to string in order to test it out but, dry swings feels really nice ! I cant wait....

Paintwork isn't the best pearlescent white with brown stripes and silver streaks sparkling throughout, but what I am interested is how it performs and not looks.

Name:  IMG_20130530_000347.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  37.0 KBName:  IMG_20130530_000458.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  56.3 KB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Just saw some prices at a french webshop: DuoForce 153 euro, ...
    Which shop? Link please?
    Last edited by Accordaz; 05-30-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 82 of 110 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast