User Tag List

Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 108 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Didn't remember that. Weird that they're allowed to do that^^

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    During the last Thomas/Uber cup every danish player that wasn't sposored by Yonex did cover the logo (they just used a red pen).
    Same at the European Team championships with tape, not even a YY logo at the back for Yonex sponsored players ... In the Danish contract the coaches are required to wear Yonex and all the juniors at team championships (without covering up the logo). SHuttles are Yonex for practice, etc. and the naming rights for some tournaments (Denmark Open, Denmark Junior Open and National championship).
    I guess that's what you can accomplish with some leverage , Dutch federation on the other hand was practically bankrupt at the time ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-16-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year. Paulwww.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Lucky!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year. Paulwww.badminton-coach.co.uk
    I'm guessing this means they'll be readily available in the UK when they launch. We may not last like we usually are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    And we shall wait for your REVIEWS with abated breath and suspense .... GO ON, BE BRUTAL ... give it a REAL TOUGH GRILLING esp in comparison against Yonex (benchmark) .... so we can make a better comparison.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that the French team which is currently sponsored by Adidas for their team wear, would be switching to these racquets

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    I have a feeling that the French team which is currently sponsored by Adidas for their team wear, would be switching to these racquets
    I really wonder how/why this is so obvious (since you are the second or third to mention already)? Half of them are sponsored by Babolat and the other half by Yonex, and one by Decathlon's house brand called Artengo ...
    To lead back to the earlier point: there is no such thing as the French team, or the Danish team, or the German team, etc.

(come to think of it, it is quite similar to the Japan sponsoring I suppose)
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-17-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I really wonder how/why this is so obvious (since you are the second or third to mention already)? Half of them are sponsored by Babolat and the other half by Yonex, and one by Decathlon's house brand called Artengo ...
    To lead back to the earlier point: there is no such thing as the French team, or the Danish team, or the German team, etc.

(come to think of it, it is quite similar to the Japan sponsoring I suppose)
    But unlike, say, the Germans, the Japanese are required to wear the Yonex team apparel in ANY international competition, not just the official team matches like EC, TC...in individual competition they're free to choose their own stuff.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    But unlike, say, the Germans, the Japanese are required to wear the Yonex team apparel in ANY international competition, not just the official team matches like EC, TC...in individual competition they're free to choose their own stuff.
    That was specifically about the French team . Most of the time they are wearing the Adidas outfit for whatever reason in similar fashion to Japan, only they don't have to play without logo on strings or Adidas logo on the back nor do you see them with Babolat or Yonex logo on the back (not that I recall any Babolat player with some sort of logo on the back perdiod ). Have seen Ikeda and Shiota in Adidas wear though at tournaments (iirc; must double check which tournaments). I think it depended on whether or not they are participating in the tournament on their own or send and paid for by the federation ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-17-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    That was specifically about the French team . Most of the time they are wearing the Adidas outfit for whatever reason in similar fashion to Japan, only they don't have to play without logo on strings or Adidas logo on the back nor do you see them with Babolat or Yonex logo on the back (not that I recall any Babolat player with some sort of logo on the back perdiod ). Have seen Ikeda and Shiota in Adidas wear though at tournaments (iirc; must double check which tournaments). I think it depended on whether or not they are participating in the tournament on their own or send and paid for by the federation ...
    Hm tbh I can't recall seeing any French players in the last year or so Babolat actually doesn't have a logo they can put on the back of the shirt (they could use that logo the put on the butt caps, but that's just....ugly )...whole different story with adidas though, their logo would work well and I guess it's just a matter of time before we see it quite often (provided that Viktor does well these next months)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just came across the Adidas Badminton UK twitter account, their followers / following list makes for an interesting read!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm tbh I can't recall seeing any French players in the last year or so Babolat actually doesn't have a logo they can put on the back of the shirt (they could use that logo the put on the butt caps, but that's just....ugly )...whole different story with adidas though, their logo would work well and I guess it's just a matter of time before we see it quite often (provided that Viktor does well these next months)
    Babolat does have a logo and and new stencil logo for the racquets

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the ugly Pokemon ball logo . For Adidas I think the classic logo would look better being symmetrical and all , but with the new size restrictions I guess you could get away with the performance logo ...

Would be rich if they misprinted it with the Adihash logo

Quote Originally Posted by Backhand_Dave View Post
    Just came across the Adidas Badminton UK twitter account, their followers / following list makes for an interesting read!
    Good thing you posted the link so we can read it as well !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I wonder who is OEMing for them...
    Me too. Could be some third-rate mfr with a fancy new paint booth...

Also, bulk shuttles can be stamped with about any logo. Adidas should really just stick to clothing and shoes...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doxdox13 View Post
    Me too. Could be some third-rate mfr with a fancy new paint booth...

Also, bulk shuttles can be stamped with about any logo. Adidas should really just stick to clothing and shoes...
    I think they developed the rackets by themselves, ofc they don't have their own production facility but that is the case for most brands/companies.
    The shuttles will of course be nothing special.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surprise to see they start their market in Japan first

Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 108 ... LastLast