User Tag List

Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 108 ... LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 1855
  1. #120
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,790
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting. Didn't remember that. Weird that they're allowed to do that^^

  2. #121
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    During the last Thomas/Uber cup every danish player that wasn't sposored by Yonex did cover the logo (they just used a red pen).
    Same at the European Team championships with tape, not even a YY logo at the back for Yonex sponsored players ... In the Danish contract the coaches are required to wear Yonex and all the juniors at team championships (without covering up the logo). SHuttles are Yonex for practice, etc. and the naming rights for some tournaments (Denmark Open, Denmark Junior Open and National championship).
    I guess that's what you can accomplish with some leverage , Dutch federation on the other hand was practically bankrupt at the time ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-16-2013 at 10:06 AM.

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,123
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  4. #123
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year. Paulwww.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Lucky!!!!!!!!!

  5. #124
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year. Paulwww.badminton-coach.co.uk
    I'm guessing this means they'll be readily available in the UK when they launch. We may not last like we usually are.

  6. #125
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    It looks as though I will be testing and reviewing Adidas rackets later this year.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    And we shall wait for your REVIEWS with abated breath and suspense .... GO ON, BE BRUTAL ... give it a REAL TOUGH GRILLING esp in comparison against Yonex (benchmark) .... so we can make a better comparison.

  7. #126
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,139
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a feeling that the French team which is currently sponsored by Adidas for their team wear, would be switching to these racquets

  8. #127
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    I have a feeling that the French team which is currently sponsored by Adidas for their team wear, would be switching to these racquets
    I really wonder how/why this is so obvious (since you are the second or third to mention already)? Half of them are sponsored by Babolat and the other half by Yonex, and one by Decathlon's house brand called Artengo ...
    To lead back to the earlier point: there is no such thing as the French team, or the Danish team, or the German team, etc.

    (come to think of it, it is quite similar to the Japan sponsoring I suppose)
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-17-2013 at 05:09 AM.

  9. #128
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,790
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I really wonder how/why this is so obvious (since you are the second or third to mention already)? Half of them are sponsored by Babolat and the other half by Yonex, and one by Decathlon's house brand called Artengo ...
    To lead back to the earlier point: there is no such thing as the French team, or the Danish team, or the German team, etc.

    (come to think of it, it is quite similar to the Japan sponsoring I suppose)
    But unlike, say, the Germans, the Japanese are required to wear the Yonex team apparel in ANY international competition, not just the official team matches like EC, TC...in individual competition they're free to choose their own stuff.

  10. #129
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    But unlike, say, the Germans, the Japanese are required to wear the Yonex team apparel in ANY international competition, not just the official team matches like EC, TC...in individual competition they're free to choose their own stuff.
    That was specifically about the French team . Most of the time they are wearing the Adidas outfit for whatever reason in similar fashion to Japan, only they don't have to play without logo on strings or Adidas logo on the back nor do you see them with Babolat or Yonex logo on the back (not that I recall any Babolat player with some sort of logo on the back perdiod ). Have seen Ikeda and Shiota in Adidas wear though at tournaments (iirc; must double check which tournaments). I think it depended on whether or not they are participating in the tournament on their own or send and paid for by the federation ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-17-2013 at 07:35 AM.

  11. #130
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,790
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    That was specifically about the French team . Most of the time they are wearing the Adidas outfit for whatever reason in similar fashion to Japan, only they don't have to play without logo on strings or Adidas logo on the back nor do you see them with Babolat or Yonex logo on the back (not that I recall any Babolat player with some sort of logo on the back perdiod ). Have seen Ikeda and Shiota in Adidas wear though at tournaments (iirc; must double check which tournaments). I think it depended on whether or not they are participating in the tournament on their own or send and paid for by the federation ...
    Hm tbh I can't recall seeing any French players in the last year or so Babolat actually doesn't have a logo they can put on the back of the shirt (they could use that logo the put on the butt caps, but that's just....ugly )...whole different story with adidas though, their logo would work well and I guess it's just a matter of time before we see it quite often (provided that Viktor does well these next months)

  12. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just came across the Adidas Badminton UK twitter account, their followers / following list makes for an interesting read!

  13. #132
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Hm tbh I can't recall seeing any French players in the last year or so Babolat actually doesn't have a logo they can put on the back of the shirt (they could use that logo the put on the butt caps, but that's just....ugly )...whole different story with adidas though, their logo would work well and I guess it's just a matter of time before we see it quite often (provided that Viktor does well these next months)
    Babolat does have a logo and and new stencil logo for the racquets

  14. #133
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Hm tbh I can't recall seeing any French players in the last year or so Babolat actually doesn't have a logo they can put on the back of the shirt (they could use that logo the put on the butt caps, but that's just....ugly )...whole different story with adidas though, their logo would work well and I guess it's just a matter of time before we see it quite often (provided that Viktor does well these next months)
    Yes the ugly Pokemon ball logo . For Adidas I think the classic logo would look better being symmetrical and all , but with the new size restrictions I guess you could get away with the performance logo ...

    Would be rich if they misprinted it with the Adihash logo

    Quote Originally Posted by Backhand_Dave View Post
    Just came across the Adidas Badminton UK twitter account, their followers / following list makes for an interesting read!
    Good thing you posted the link so we can read it as well !

  15. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I wonder who is OEMing for them...
    Me too. Could be some third-rate mfr with a fancy new paint booth...

    Also, bulk shuttles can be stamped with about any logo. Adidas should really just stick to clothing and shoes...

  16. #135
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doxdox13 View Post
    Me too. Could be some third-rate mfr with a fancy new paint booth...

    Also, bulk shuttles can be stamped with about any logo. Adidas should really just stick to clothing and shoes...
    I think they developed the rackets by themselves, ofc they don't have their own production facility but that is the case for most brands/companies.
    The shuttles will of course be nothing special.

  17. #136
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    surprise to see they start their market in Japan first

Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 108 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •