User Tag List

Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,599 to 1,615 of 1867
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Li-Ning prices are usually lower than Yonex now. Their most expensive rackets cost like 220$ while Yonex has at least one new 240$ racket per year.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the beginning, all N-series rackets were level with Yonex prices (150€). About a year later, everything dropped, and a couple months later than that, the N90 and N90II went up again. Now the N90/N90II are pretty expensive mostly (ranging from 150 to 180€) while the other stuff is between 110 and 130 in most shops. Yonex is consistently at 160€ with new top-of-the-line models now, while Victor is kinda inconsistent - the Bs LYD cost 135 on release, while the whole Meteor series was stupidly expensive (170-190€, depending on the shop and model). Imop Victor is getting worse in Germany, customer service is declining to the point where I didn't get any replies to my last 3 mails, and prices vary with some stuff being ridiculously expensive. SH9000 are an example, they cost 130€ in most shops, whereas Yonex' new models usually start at 100-110, and are FAR more easily available (I ordered my last pair of 9000s from Asia because here, I would've had to wait another 6-9 months, and when they got here, Victor tried to get customs to confiscate them claiming they were fake).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do really want to give these racquets a try.

Mainly the APP and Adizero Pro since they're available in Western Canada.

Will have to see when they're available at the local shop

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bos_dc2 View Post
    I do really want to give these racquets a try.

Mainly the APP and Adizero Pro since they're available in Western Canada.

Will have to see when they're available at the local shop
    They are available at Topline Sports in Vancouver.
    http://toplinesports.ca/

I'll have them available near Montreal in a couple days/weeks for the eastern people
    https://www.lecoinbadminton.com/shop/.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, sorry. I meant loaner/demo racquets lol.

They're currently out right now I believe..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    For adidas to succeed in badminton, they need to a few more years.

Victor got here because they were able to start sponsoring the Korean team a few years ago after YY left. Of course, Victor makes good products.
    Victor was popular in the early and mid 90s when I played. In fact at that time, Carlton, Yonex, Victor and Pro Kennex were pretty common. This was in Malaysia mind you.

Victor as a brand may not have been popular as a brand in countries where badminton isn't as competitive until their Korean sponsorship but they were definitely known in "badminton" countries....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Yeah Li-Ning prices are usually lower than Yonex now. Their most expensive rackets cost like 220$ while Yonex has at least one new 240$ racket per year.
    too bad you lived on the wrong side of the world to play badminton..

let's take MBS' price http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/ :
    Li-ning:
    N-90: $218 (discounted to $185 for now)
    N-70II: $199 (discounted $179)
    N-30: $199 (discounted at $179)
    N-50II:$215 (discounted at $185)

adidas:
    adipower force / duoforce: $192
    adipower pro: $185
    adipower zero: $185Precision 88: $195

Yonex:
    Nanoray 700FX / RP: $185
    Nanoray 800: $195
    Nanoray Z-speed: $199.95
    arcsaber 10: $189
    arcsaber 11: $192
    arcsaber 7 / 9: $175
    arcsaber FB: $187
    arcsaber Islash: $169
    VT70: $179
    VT80: $195
    VT Z-force:$193

Victor:
    MX80: $162 (yes their high end)
    Mx JJS: $169
    BS 12L / LYD / LHI: $162

see and compare why people said li-ning is so expensive (not including discounted price)

plus in Indonesia, Li-ning is more expensive than most of Yonex and victor

*not saying that MBS reflect 100% real market price, it is different from one and another, but MBS is a store in Hongkong where there is no tax, it should be more accurate than taking USA or UK website with their heavy taxes and mark up.
    Last edited by Avenger; 10-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBS prices are inflated to take into account their free shipping. So imagine what the actual prices would be if shipping wasn't built it!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason it is that way (I think) is that Li-Ning's pricing policy are way more strict than Yonex's and the reason it works, is because the market accepts it.

MBS sells way under the minimum sale price that Yonex is trying to enforce, while they respect Li-Ning's minimum sale price. If no one would buy Li-Ning products at those prices, then stores would stop respecting their minimum sale prices and they'd have to lower them.

MBS probably buys their Li-Ning equipment for way cheaper than they buy their Yonex equipment...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had my first two hour training session with the APP.
    There are some real power in that baby. Already looking forward to my next session with it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Elisha @j4ckie

Dang it, I'm so tempted to get an APP after trying out a fellow player's racket 2 days ago.

Was at the store today and measured 4 APP. Owner tells me that's all he's got left as he sold 15 in past 2 wks! But he's got more ordered coming next wk. Phew.

Head wt / Dry wt
    37.5 / 86.4
    37.5 / 86.5
    37.9 / 87.7
    38.2 / 88.4

The first 2 would be perfect for me. Argh! I can't justify getting another racket so soon.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get it. Lol. Is it the black with red or the red with black?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's different versions? This one is predominantly black with some red accents.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Just colour. I have the black.

Here: http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...Path=25_26_180
    Last edited by Elisha; 10-03-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ you mean you don't believe in tbh/yonex record breaking smash of 493 km/h?
    To me it is like a sport car with highest top speed, which does not translate to best sport car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    The reason it is that way (I think) is that Li-Ning's pricing policy are way more strict than Yonex's and the reason it works, is because the market accepts it.

MBS sells way under the minimum sale price that Yonex is trying to enforce, while they respect Li-Ning's minimum sale price. If no one would buy Li-Ning products at those prices, then stores would stop respecting their minimum sale prices and they'd have to lower them.

MBS probably buys their Li-Ning equipment for way cheaper than they buy their Yonex equipment...
    Yonex high-end rackets incur higher cost because part of the manufacturing processes are done in Japan, to bear the name "Made in Japan". Yonex has higher production and marketing cost, but it also sells more.

Recently Li-ning launched their 3rd generation N series with cheaper price than previous generations.

For me, the price of high-end rackets I got from both brands are more comparable now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    opening a new division (as big opening a new brand) is very costly, it is very normal and it should be taken by everyone who wants to enter to market

when the brand is big, actually they have advantage in many areas, joint R&D with golf & tennis department, cheaper material (since they know the right supplier already, plus bulk sell with decrease the price). there is no reason not to do market penetration.

high quality? what quality? higher tension limit? all yonex racket can reach 36lbs, apacs even warranty at 40lbs. the Yonex's tension limit is very low since it is for warranty purpose
    better paint work? err.. it helps, but so far, the paint work is not really good compared to Y or V. better durability? oh, panda power ultra is built like a tank
    actually, we are already reaching to the point where there is no substantial improvement can make people go "wow" (at least in term of material). I am even quitting listening all Yonex's crap about their adding 14% smash power, 7% speed etc because of XX technology

sponsoring is much more makes sense as that's how li-ning get their names now.
    Taking Yonex as benchmark, there are brands which are cheaper, higher tension warranty or more durable. But I can't think of any brand that offers top notch performance as Yonex, at the same time with higher tension warranty, more durable, etc. I hope Adidas can fulfill this market segment.