User Tag List

Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,650 to 1,666 of 1854
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    How is Adidas going where you guys are?

I'm yet to see any rackets on the courts here in Melbourne, Australia, but I've seen a fair few of the shoes.
    The rackets sell at Topline Sports. Only place in Canada I believe, retail store that is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    How is Adidas going where you guys are?

I'm yet to see any rackets on the courts here in Melbourne, Australia, but I've seen a fair few of the shoes.
    No sound in Singapore. Then again, I've never been impressed with Adidas Singapore, so not surprise if Adidas Badminton never make it to the island .....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor will probably be the last one off the courts tonight....
    He'll probably challenge the custodian to a singles match just so he can have the extra few mins with his new weapon :-P

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ummm sorry guys. I couldn't adapt to it during the warmup knock up. And since I was playing in a newer more challenging group, I didn't want to have to waste precious points trying to adapt to it while embarrassing myself and my partner. So I played with my XP70 all night instead. I will play with it some more later this wk during my less intense games.

First impressions:
    Somehow a tad slower and flexier than my XP70 of almost same specs (dry 85.9g, bp295mm, head wt 37.5g). Gripped and strung exactly the same ZM62 @23x24 lbs with same frequency of 1230 Hz, I wasn't able to generate as fast a head speed, and so my shots lacked crispness and power as compared to my XP70. Definitely felt more air resistance in fast swing.

Dang... note to self: better order more XP70's before Eric runs out.
    Last edited by visor; 10-09-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atypical View Post
    No sound in Singapore. Then again, I've never been impressed with Adidas Singapore, so not surprise if Adidas Badminton never make it to the island .....
    same here. Im getting bored already

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Ummm sorry guys. I couldn't adapt to it during the warmup knock up. And since I was playing in a newer more challenging group, I didn't want to have to waste precious points trying to adapt to it while embarrassing myself and my partner. So I played with my XP70 all night instead. I will play with it some more later this wk during my less intense games.

First impressions:
    Somehow a tad slower and flexier than my XP70 of almost same specs (dry 85.9g, bp295mm, head wt 37.5g). Gripped and strung exactly the same ZM62 @23x24 lbs with same frequency of 1230 Hz, I wasn't able to generate as fast a head speed, and so my shots lacked crispness and power as compared to my XP70. Definitely felt more air resistance in fast swing.

this is the power pro? It's a good racquet. But I feel better for singles.
    Last edited by Cheung; 10-11-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    this is the power pro? It's a good racquet. But I feel better for singles.
    Yes, APP. Even though I picked the lightest one of the batch, you're right, it feels more for singles.

Racket head is not as fast and maneuverable as I'd like for fast MD games. And although it may have more top end power, but rarely in doubles is there time for full preparation for a full-on power smash.

Oh well, my games are easier tmrw so I'll use it solely, to get a better impression of it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impressions:

so when are you planning to try out the MX-JJS?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, APP. Even though I picked the lightest one of the batch, you're right, it feels more for singles.

Racket head is not as fast and maneuverable as I'd like for fast MD games. And although it may have more top end power, but rarely in doubles is there time for full preparation for a full-on power smash.

Oh well, my games are easier tmrw so I'll use it solely, to get a better impression of it.
    It's definitely not going to be as fast at the XP-70 with it's hybrid BS/MX design but I've used it in plenty of fast doubles matches.
    The ease of use is a big bonus.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post
    so when are you planning to try out the MX-JJS?
    A thought has crossed my mind that in the next 2 wks if I find this APP too slow for my MD games, then I'll likely ask the retailer nicely if I can trade in for the 4U JJS.

I already know it's less stiff than my MX70 and am familiar with the feel and swing speed of the MX frame.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thought has crossed my mind that in the next 2 wks if I find this APP too slow for my MD games, then I'll likely ask the retailer nicely if I can trade in for the 4U JJS.

I already know it's less stiff than my MX70 and am familiar with the feel and swing speed of the MX frame.
    Your retailer accepts to exchange used rackets for new ones ?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the MX70 but it is stiffer than the XP-70.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    It's definitely not going to be as fast at the XP-70 with it's hybrid BS/MX design but I've used it in plenty of fast doubles matches.
    The ease of use is a big bonus.
    Yeah, and oh yeah... just ordered 2 more XP70's.
    So now Eric only has 2 more 86/297 remaining and no lighter ones left.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Your retailer accepts to exchange used rackets for new ones ?
    Probably not. But worth a shot. Otherwise I'll have to put it up for resale... anyone in Vancouver interested, let me know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not. But worth a shot. Otherwise I'll have to put it up for resale... anyone in Vancouver interested, let me know.
    I'm currently contemplating two racquets right now.

Zspeed and APP..

I haven't tried the APP yet tho, the demo racquet keeps on disappearing lols..

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@bos_dc2
    After using it all night yesterday, this APP is a keeper! Will put up a review in a short while.

@Elisha
    You were right! It's a very comfortable and user friendly racket. Easy power. And the crazy repulsion off the stringbed is very addictive.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah to be honest, the APP was the racket that made me fall in love with the ZM62. You just hold the APP still on the block and the shuttle goes over the net.
    Now you just have to get used to how a box frame swings all over again :-)