User Tag List

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the current range available in Japan as far as clothing but it was mentioned the whole range coming out will be available at launch in March in 50 markets worldwide. Axelsen for one will get his own range of clothing according to the article in his thread and supposedly a racket was developed for him or will be. The shoes as worn by Reiko and Shintaro lately have been available here for some years though. The very latest on the japanese adidas site perhaps not yet ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derrickn View Post
    Yes, this might be a game changer. Having such an established sports equipment brand could mean bigger/better things for badminton like more endorsements. Let's see if other big brands such as Nike will jump on board!

Attachment 135379
    This racket looks SWEET! Hopefully it would be quite as good as the Yonex or Li-Ning range, but less pricier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to test out Adidas grips

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if we assume that the pricing of their badminton gear will be the same as that of their pingpong gear, then it's not going to be too much under yonex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest benefit of this is the sponsorship and publicity badminton will get from Adidas. Maybe their rackets will be awful, but money is money no matter where it comes from.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dffhkhksg View Post
    The biggest benefit of this is the sponsorship and publicity badminton will get from Adidas. Maybe their rackets will be awful, but money is money no matter where it comes from.
    very true, just because Shaq did a commercial for Buick doesn't mean Buicks are nice cars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    if we assume that the pricing of their badminton gear will be the same as that of their pingpong gear, then it's not going to be too much under yonex
    Maybe not. But from a different viewpoint, Adidas ping pong gear is real good quality and on par with the best contemporary brands. I have tried out one of their ping-pong shoes (phenomenal), an Adidas board and balls (a little slow for my liking, but good quality) and the Tour Carbon bat (phenomenal for a premade bat). If their badminton gear manages to keep up the good work, they will be something to look forward to .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I'm sure the car industry didn't get mad at the publicity

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by travoltarulez View Post
    Maybe not. But from a different viewpoint, Adidas ping pong gear is real good quality and on par with the best contemporary brands. I have tried out one of their ping-pong shoes (phenomenal), an Adidas board and balls (a little slow for my liking, but good quality) and the Tour Carbon bat (phenomenal for a premade bat). If their badminton gear manages to keep up the good work, they will be something to look forward to .

i guess i have differen sentiments on adidas pingpong gear of course i'm comparing a $50USD adidas blade to a $150USD butterfly blade. but you are right, they are way above average for sure. and from your perspective, i guess i will be looking forward to adidas badminton gear since at least they should be on par with head rackets and RSL rackets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad to see another brand to try and get into the badminton scene, kinda tired of seeing just yonex, carlton, victor ect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess there'll be adzero shoes??!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    Guess there'll be adzero shoes??!!
    Shouldn't you be the one telling us instead of asking?

But there have already been Adizero badminton available for a while now (BT Feather) http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...92#post1801592

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS LONG AS IT IS REASONABLY PRICED vis-a-vis Li-Ning ... EVERYBODY IS WELCOMED to give us more choices and options !!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Backhand_Dave View Post
    I doubt they are using Victor, the Adidas Badminton HQ seems to be in Hong Kong

Hopefully they wont overprice the rackets should be priced below yonex, li ning etc
    that's interesting. How did you find that put because I'd really like to find the contact for badminton in HK.
    Last edited by Cheung; 01-06-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the adidas superstars are so comfy, if their badminton shoes are just as comfy, then i'll switch over to adidas and i know i won't look back!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for more competition in the world of badminton (means prices can come down)! I've already boycotted Yonex since lately their quality has gone down significantly especially their shoes! Li Ning and Victor are currently my fav, but if Adidas does their homework, they can easily make great products without skimping out on the QC.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SOTX were trying it big a number of years ago but what happened to them. Why did Carlton go down?

I am all for better badminton shoes. I really like the outer side supports that Yonex introduced in the last few years. Really helps with stability on my leading leg when lunging forward. In fact, this is why I switched back to Yonex shoes after years with Mizuno.
    Last edited by Cheung; 01-06-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast