Results 171 to 187 of 1379
Thread: *New! Adidas Badminton
01-23-2013, 06:35 PM #171
Great info from matshuker. This is getting exciting. Tell us more!!
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM #172
through some connections (thanks, you know who you are! ), i got a channel into the masterminds behind Adidas' venture into the badminton market.
before i talk to them, i'd like to gather some questions from BC members here. what questions do you want to ask Adidas about their new badminton products? why? what? when? etc. etc.
01-23-2013, 07:52 PM #173
Is this a fully committed effort?
What sort of market share are they targeting for the next couple of years?
Is their brand identify coupled with their money the main reasons if this is a successful launch?
Will their prices be competitive in comparison with other leading (and more established) badminton brands?
kwun liked this post
01-23-2013, 08:44 PM #174
01-23-2013, 09:10 PM #175
- What seperates them from the other established brands
- Which steps are they going to make to introduce Adidas in the world of badminton
(and: can they sponsor me )
01-24-2013, 02:07 AM #176Any inside info / mini review on how the adipower pro and adizero pro play? And any hint at rough UK prices?
01-24-2013, 02:24 AM #177
decoy liked this post
01-24-2013, 02:59 AM #178
Unlike other established brands such as Yonex and Victor who started off as a small local company and grew larger and larger to what they are now, Adidas is basically entering as a big boy. While there are still many small brands struggling and fighting to take a share of the left-overs from Yonex and Victor, Adidas is like baking their own pie and not worrying about who will steal a share from them, because they have more than enough cash generated from their other well-established business to support and grow this baby.
My questions to Adidas are:
1. WHY badminton??
2. how big do they see badminton compared to football?? they might say badminton is estimated as just 5% of what they are earning in football. but i want to know, even they are laughing at my question.
3. as for Adidas, when money is no subject to a new business, what limitation do they face in taking over the badminton market? How do they see Adidas in badminton 5 years later? Will they work with or even acquire any existing brand to reduce cost and competition in the long run?
Last edited by winstonchan; 01-24-2013 at 03:06 AM.
BlueTornado liked this post
01-24-2013, 06:02 AM #179
are they targetting any national sponsorship?
demolidor liked this post
01-24-2013, 07:27 PM #180
1. What will be their approach and how will the players benefit from their "late" entry?
2. Will they concentrate on shoes and apparel only?
3. Since Badminton players are one of the most under-payed sportspersons in the world, will a "cash-rich" company like Adidas change that by bringing in more money in to the sport, offering lucrative deals and higher tournament packages?
01-24-2013, 08:33 PM #181
I want to know which professional players are they eyeing to sponsor soon. I heard Viktor Axelsen is with them? Will there be like a big contract included kind of like how other sports are? Also, I'm curious about question 3 that rahuldarga asked. Are they thinking of sponsoring any big tournaments soon?
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM #182
these are looking good...
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM #183
their first pass at shirt design just blows everyone out of the water. simple, eye-catching and elegant.
01-24-2013, 10:44 PM #184
Hmmm...shirt designs are OK for me. Mind you still better than some of the garish Asian designs rolled out by Yonex, Victor and Li-Ning.
01-25-2013, 01:29 AM #185
I actually like the 'garish asian' designs' because for me 'game shirts' are part of the badminton ethos. However, Adidas are not asian so they can't pretend to be or else they'll look fake.
Variations on the 'mandarin' style collars though are a must. Round necks are passe.
These first round of apparel designs are very predictable, but solid. I quite like them.
01-25-2013, 01:35 AM #186
hope the price wont be so ex like tennis jersey..
01-25-2013, 01:38 AM #187
rahuldarga liked this post