User Tag List

Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey kwun,
    what is it for a kind of underground where you take all the pictures of the stuff?
    Look really nice!

Good work overall, by the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the weight and balance are not in the same class as those. the adipower pro is a 88g/293mm weight and balance. it is not the most head heavy in the range, the most head heavy is a 92g/305mm monster that will be suitable for the most powerful singles player but not mortal like myself. that will be more in the same league as VT80/N90. even though i would still like to test it at one point, it will be difficult for me to play double with it. probably only usable for singles.

but this kinda illustrate what Adidas is doing. they are not just making a handful of racket can call it a launch. they are making a whole spectrum for all sorts of weight/balance/stiffness preferences. i just happen to requested a more suitable one for myself and probably most amateur players out there.
    Kwun, may i ask is this the dry weight/balance? thanks. this sound is the one i was looking for...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I dunno, I see a potential problem with what they're doing.From the rackets I've seen, they seem to be differentiating themselves by going with a minimalist theme, which historically doesn't work in most Asian cultures as negative space doesn't have the same value as it does in the West (with the exception perhaps of Japan, in some respects but not all).The reason that Babolat and Wilson et all work, is that they have a Western aesthetic in a largely Western sport such as tennis. However, I think that if you want to break into the badminton market which is culturally so dominated by Asian culture in it's various forms, you have to be sensitive to that and I'm not convinced at this early stage that the design route they're taking is as good as it could've been.Part of being in the badminton 'clique' is belonging, and the existing brands have a very strong cache because if you know about them then you are definitely a badminton fan and not an interloper. If you know Yonex, you're not a football player. If you know Victor, you're not playing polo. Etc..As a Western 'outsider' coming into the badminton clique, it really is a route fraught with some pretty sizable challenges - just ask Head. I think it would be a mistake to guarantee success for Adidas just based on their size and apparent reputation.
    From my source, apparently ADIDAS has been making plans to enter the badminton sport since 2009 by recruiting personnels from YONEX JAPAN. The reason they started out a team in Japan is also due to lessons learned from the failed tennis sport venture. They figured this is the best way to reach out to the actual end users which is predominantly the Asian market.With good personnels knowledgable in the badminton business, ADIDAS will be using the best carbon graphites from renowned TOYOBO JAPAN for the construction of rackets to ensure they don't feel like any off the shelve china produced oem model. The design team however is based back in Germany HQ so that it'll still maintain the the striped DNA.I'm actually quite optimistic that ADIDAS will outsell all brands other than YONEX in the very near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think something like that was posted on badmintoncn as well? Frankly I don't really care about there equipment but more interested to see how they will commercialize and perhaps help professionalize badminton a bit further ...

I noticed it said Engineered in Japan on one racket (don't think it was a pro or tour) so production is likely outside of it.
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-08-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    I am interested to hear the review on those shuttles. But no matter how great they are, if they aren't around the same price as Black Aeroplanes, I don't think it will sell that well. (Over here at least)
    Aeroplane Black sucks. at least the new ones does. they changed factory and is not longer anywhere close to the original. next round i am leaning towards Chaopai Red.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I think something like that was posted on badmintoncn as well? Frankly I don't really care about there equipment but more interested to see how they will commercialize and perhaps help professionalize badminton a bit further ...

I noticed it said Engineered in Japan on one racket (don't think it was a pro or tour) so production is likely outside of it.
    many of the products are posted in their official facebook page already. so it is probably leaked everywhere by now. and then they have been aggressively letting clubs tryout their product in Asia as well, so it is not really a big secret anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    Kwun, may i ask is this the dry weight/balance? thanks. this sound is the one i was looking for...
    on spec, it is 88g +/- 2g. bp is 293mm +/- 2mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

here is a sneak peak. strung yesterday evening, right after i received it in the mail.

this is the adipower pro.

Attachment 137242Attachment 137243Attachment 137244
    i am so glad that i am reading this post this morning instead of last night, or else i would not have been able to sleep thinking about it. i am actually more excited about adidas entering into the world of badminton than any other news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the weight and balance are not in the same class as those. the adipower pro is a 88g/293mm weight and balance. it is not the most head heavy in the range, the most head heavy is a 92g/305mm monster that will be suitable for the most powerful singles player but not mortal like myself. that will be more in the same league as VT80/N90. even though i would still like to test it at one point, it will be difficult for me to play double with it. probably only usable for singles.

but this kinda illustrate what Adidas is doing. they are not just making a handful of racket can call it a launch. they are making a whole spectrum for all sorts of weight/balance/stiffness preferences. i just happen to requested a more suitable one for myself and probably most amateur players out there.
    It's head heavier. IMO, you got to just try the racquets out and find what is your preference. I found this particular adipower pro a bit head heavy for me. Didn't know the specs before so I am a bit surprised it's 88gm which I consider as light. I did have a couple of racquet clashes in doubles with these adidas racquets but none broke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

when they send you the demos, do you get to keep them permanently???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedyJT View Post
    Hey kwun,
    what is it for a kind of underground where you take all the pictures of the stuff?
    Look really nice!

Good work overall, by the way!
    you mean background? it is a black acrylic sheet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raksasa.gorgon View Post
    From my source, apparently ADIDAS has been making plans to enter the badminton sport since 2009 by recruiting personnels from YONEX JAPAN. The reason they started out a team in Japan is also due to lessons learned from the failed tennis sport venture. They figured this is the best way to reach out to the actual end users which is predominantly the Asian market.With good personnels knowledgable in the badminton business, ADIDAS will be using the best carbon graphites from renowned TOYOBO JAPAN for the construction of rackets to ensure they don't feel like any off the shelve china produced oem model. The design team however is based back in Germany HQ so that it'll still maintain the the striped DNA.I'm actually quite optimistic that ADIDAS will outsell all brands other than YONEX in the very near future.
    has there been a lot of activity in Malaysia for Adidas? they should already have reps going around talking to retailers by now.

as i was told, the team is pretty world wide. there are engineers in Japan hired from Yonex. they are based in Japan thus they are able to claim 'Engineered in Japan' on the racket itself. the manufacturing is actually done in China. there are also team in Germany as well as Hong Kong.

the racket feels solid and responsive, definitely higher quality feel than even other 2nd tier manufacturers out there. using good quality carbon fiber is definitely a good idea.

as i have mentioned, i think Adidas is doing their very first launch "right". they are doing all the right things. solid engineering, solid design, extensive range, and comprehensive marketing and distribution around the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    when they send you the demos, do you get to keep them permanently???
    usually. think about it. they are such a big company, they give out hundreds of samples to people. if they do ask them back, what are they gonna do with all these used rackets?

14. Likes gundamzaku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

usually. think about it. they are such a big company, they give out hundreds of samples to people. if they do ask them back, what are they gonna do with all these used rackets?
    it's good to be you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i am so glad that i am reading this post this morning instead of last night, or else i would not have been able to sleep thinking about it. i am actually more excited about adidas entering into the world of badminton than any other news.
    where do you play? i am planning to be at CBA this Sunday afternoon. let me know if you wanna come check them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

where do you play? i am planning to be at CBA this Sunday afternoon. let me know if you wanna come check them out.
    yes!!!!!! i usually play at bintang milpitas and bintang south san francisco and i live in sunnyvale. yes i am willing to travel for badminton. CBA this sunday, i'll be free after church after 12:30 and i can hurry over. should i just ask for "Kwun" or "the guy with the adidas racket" or just a red beam flashing somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes!!!!!! i usually play at bintang milpitas and bintang south san francisco and i live in sunnyvale. yes i am willing to travel for badminton. CBA this sunday, i'll be free after church after 12:30 and i can hurry over. should i just ask for "Kwun" or "the guy with the adidas racket" or just a red beam flashing somewhere?
    Look in the skies for the bat sign.

19. Likes nokh88 liked this post
Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 ... LastLast