User Tag List

Page 37 of 110 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 87 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    that's exactly my point... some Nanospeeds have high BP but they still swings light because the weight isn't on the top of the head so Yonex still class them as head light racket...
    Yep... you can have a high 3U NR800 that will swing lighter than a low 4U VZTF.

Just due to differences in frame design, wt distribution, and aerodynamics.
    Last edited by visor; 02-23-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's exactly my point... some Nanospeeds have high BP but they still swings light because the weight isn't on the top of the head so Yonex still class them as head light racket...
    So why do you just assume that isn't the case with the adidas rackets? After all the adizero line is specified as quick-swinging rackets. Maybe they're all speedy, despite the occasionally higher BP, just like the Nanospeeds?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    So why do you just assume that isn't the case with the adidas rackets? After all the adizero line is specified as quick-swinging rackets. Maybe they're all speedy, despite the occasionally higher BP, just like the Nanospeeds?
    i always assume the terms of "Head Heavy/Even Balance/Head Light" in manufacturer's racket specification refer to their swing weight/feel. Not completely equal to the physical BPs. Yonex label all the Nanospeed/Nanorays head light and they always swing fast/light regardless some might have high BPs. If all the Adizero are similar to Nanospeeds then they should label them all as "head light" regardless the actual BPs otherwise it just cause more confusion. Adizero Pro has been labelled as "Head Heavy" racket (i am talking about the actual BP but it's officially labelled by them as "Head Heavy") and that has puzzled me "is it really a head heavy (by swing) racket or not" . I expected all the Adipowers to be head heavy but clearly the Adipower Tour is labelled as "even" racket. In my mind, it may not swing as head heavy as the Pro but it should still be labelled as Head Heavy if they do swing like that... just like Yonex would label all Votrics head heavy even some less head heavy than the other...

i do care about the the terms of "Head Heavy/Even Balance/Head Light" in manufacturer's racket specification is because like many people on here, i can't test a racket before i buy them and the only thing i can go by is the spec and other players' review...
    Last edited by mzheng168; 02-24-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    adipower and adizero is basically heavy and light. it is that simple.

precision however, takes some understanding, basically they are softer feeling racket that is supposed to be better for control. the weight and BP for precision series are kinda all over the place.
    What do you mean by BP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    What do you mean by BP?
    I would assume it's balance point.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

more piccies. this time it is for the precision 88. the design is rather unique, esp when it is a departure from the "Adidas DNA" of designs.

Name:  2M6Q0035.jpg
Views: 11098
Size:  22.5 KBName:  2M6Q0036.jpg
Views: 8841
Size:  25.1 KBName:  2M6Q0037.jpg
Views: 7865
Size:  26.0 KBName:  2M6Q0043.jpg
Views: 7465
Size:  22.1 KB

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

spec is:

88g, bp 295mm. medium stiff.

the frame shape is hexagonal which kinda resembles Victor Bravesword. but at the same time, it has those little bumps at 3/9 oclock. those are physical bump that protrudes out. and it is a 76 holes pattern vs 72 holes in the Victors.

has zylon and titaium mesh and all those good stuff. straight shaft.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice!! look traditional

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, that precision 88 is an absolute work of art! Lovely, pics, Kwun, thanks so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to try tis out, wonder how it performs compare to Victor's Bravesword series. Thx Kwun for sharing !!!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so those dimples / bumps are supposed to improve aerodynamic air flow? interesting...

i wonder what kind of swishing sound it'd make... higher pitched than bs series, i'd imagine

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so those dimples / bumps are supposed to improve aerodynamic air flow? interesting...

i wonder what kind of swishing sound it'd make... higher pitched than bs series, i'd imagine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally amazed by the paint-job.
    the concept of dragon design is very interesting and they made bumps like dragon scale at the frame too, it's unique, and I wish it's effective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great paint job but i can only imagine those bumps will cause more drag than those smooth Bravesword when you swing it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    spec is:

88g, bp 295mm. medium stiff.

the frame shape is hexagonal which kinda resembles Victor Bravesword. but at the same time, it has those little bumps at 3/9 oclock. those are physical bump that protrudes out. and it is a 76 holes pattern vs 72 holes in the Victors.

has zylon and titaium mesh and all those good stuff. straight shaft.
    it would be nice to see AdiZero/Adiprecission Tour's pics and spec as well but they seem to have stopped updating the adidas badminton facebook page now...
    Last edited by mzheng168; 02-26-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

great paint job but i can only imagine those bumps will cause more drag than those smooth Bravesword when you swing it...
    on the contrary, the purpose of those bumps is to improve aerodynamics (at least in theory anyway)

much like having dimples on golf balls help break up laminar flow to control turbulunce at the boundary layer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badzine's interview with Christophe Dessalles, President KWCC, adidas global Licensee for Badminton:

http://www.badzine.net/features/adid...and-how/23687/

Page 37 of 110 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 87 ... LastLast