User Tag List

Page 44 of 110 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 94 ... LastLast
Results 732 to 748 of 1854
  1. #732
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maritime canada
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    When will you have a review on the shoe, shirt and shorts samples that you received?

    Just curious about the shorts and whether the towel like fabric will get "nasty" over time after a few washes.
    Agreed. I'm excited to see the shoes beyond that video you up.

  2. #733
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i am in the process of requesting the next set of review samples. are there anything in particular that you want me to review?

    for now, i am planning on:

    - adipower force
    - adipower duoforce
    - precision pro
    - other shuttlecocks, G-COMP and also lower end ones.
    can you kindly add Adipower Tour to your list please? I just think this not too heavy and even balance racket might be better suited a lot of mortals like me.

  3. #734
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If they have something similar to the Li Ning N70, I'd be interested to see that. Otherwise, I'm gonna be fine with a review of the shoes you already got

  4. #735
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK / Belgium
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am in the process of requesting the next set of review samples. are there anything in particular that you want me to review?
    Are they bringing out any skirts? I think it's important not to leave the ladies out ...

  5. #736
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,662
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    Are they bringing out any skirts? I think it's important not to leave the ladies out ...
    No fears! All in, remember?

  6. #737
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i have also asked about the pricing on some of rackets and shuttlecocks.

    while not able to reveal the exact price, i believe you will be happy with the pricing of the rackets, but not too happy with the pricing of the shuttlecocks. that's all i can say for now.
    From Adidas rep last night at Birmingham. The rackets will be about 120 for the top end versions. So Adipower pro, Adizero pro and Adipower tour. Mid end rackets like F5000 (or was it E5000 or 500 I forget) will be about 80. Although prices might move around a bit depending on market between now and July. No idea on American prices as you guys always get things cheaper.

    Full review of the Adidas showcase event and my thoughts on the rackets (from the short time I used the,) to hopefully follow this evening if I get all my PhD work done that I want to. If not I have no idea as I would do it at the weekend but... All England Pictures will come later as I doubt I will have time to do both.

    Mini review, it was great, Viktor Axelsen was great, Adidas rackets showed definite promise from the few games I played with them.

  7. #738
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    bromsgrove
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    From Adidas rep last night at Birmingham. The rackets will be about 120 for the top end versions. So Adipower pro, Adizero pro and Adipower tour. Mid end rackets like F5000 (or was it E5000 or 500 I forget) will be about 80. Although prices might move around a bit depending on market between now and July. No idea on American prices as you guys always get things cheaper.

    Full review of the Adidas showcase event and my thoughts on the rackets (from the short time I used the,) to hopefully follow this evening if I get all my PhD work done that I want to. If not I have no idea as I would do it at the weekend but... All England Pictures will come later as I doubt I will have time to do both.

    Mini review, it was great, Viktor Axelsen was great, Adidas rackets showed definite promise from the few games I played with them.
    You stole my place!! Goddammit I wanted to go, oh well will have to settle for two days at the all england and hopefully get a glance of V. Alexsen and his new equipment. Such a shame the All England stopped showing other brands at the event, I loved it when all the smaller brands got to promote themselves made the outside much more entertaining and busier. Good old yonex getting jealous and spoiling the party (granted there was some underhanded sales but..)

    Looking forward to pictures and reviews!

  8. #739
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    710
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    From Adidas rep last night at Birmingham. The rackets will be about 120 for the top end versions. So Adipower pro, Adizero pro and Adipower tour. Mid end rackets like F5000 (or was it E5000 or 500 I forget) will be about 80. Although prices might move around a bit depending on market between now and July. No idea on American prices as you guys always get things cheaper.

    Full review of the Adidas showcase event and my thoughts on the rackets (from the short time I used the,) to hopefully follow this evening if I get all my PhD work done that I want to. If not I have no idea as I would do it at the weekend but... All England Pictures will come later as I doubt I will have time to do both.

    Mini review, it was great, Viktor Axelsen was great, Adidas rackets showed definite promise from the few games I played with them.
    That's good news indeed, but yea, things are definitely cheaper in the US than in the UK. It helps not to have a 20% sales tax rate!

  9. #740
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tax has nothing to do with it, German shops are way cheaper and we have 19%...

  10. #741
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,911
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    From Adidas rep last night at Birmingham. The rackets will be about 120 for the top end versions. So Adipower pro, Adizero pro and Adipower tour. Mid end rackets like F5000 (or was it E5000 or 500 I forget) will be about 80. Although prices might move around a bit depending on market between now and July. No idea on American prices as you guys always get things cheaper.

    Full review of the Adidas showcase event and my thoughts on the rackets (from the short time I used the,) to hopefully follow this evening if I get all my PhD work done that I want to. If not I have no idea as I would do it at the weekend but... All England Pictures will come later as I doubt I will have time to do both.

    Mini review, it was great, Viktor Axelsen was great, Adidas rackets showed definite promise from the few games I played with them.
    glad to see some other people revealing the pricing. that's what i was told about the highend price also. it will around Victor's pricing and lower than Yonex's. in fact, using centralsports as a guide, the pricing for the highend is actually lower than Victor, and around 20% lower than Yonex top end.

    i believe that is the smartest pricing level to go. it will give badminton players some incentive to try out something new yet at the same time not going too low to undercut everyone else.

    looking forward to the pics and report.

  11. #742
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,911
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    Are they bringing out any skirts? I think it's important not to leave the ladies out ...
    yes. the catalog for both men and women clothing is pages long and each have 4-5 dozen clothing models of all types multiplied by color variations. there will be no shortage of apparels available but the question is whether your local subsidiary/distributor will import so many clothing models.

  12. #743
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,169
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Americans don't like tax. They prefer the sick, underprivileged and unlucky to stay that way.

    Anyway, let's not get into having a cry about prices, coz I'm sick of winning that competition. That's why we invented Taiwan and Hong Kong. Sounds like the Adidas rackets will be sub Yonex pricing, potentially, but I have a sneaky suspicion they'll be available here through the Adidas stores at circa $200 for the high-end ones. Certainly won't get any friendly pricing if they're only available through Adidas shops or the major chains.

  13. #744
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,911
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Americans don't like tax. They prefer the sick, underprivileged and unlucky to stay that way.

    Anyway, let's not get into having a cry about prices, coz I'm sick of winning that competition. That's why we invented Taiwan and Hong Kong. Sounds like the Adidas rackets will be sub Yonex pricing, potentially, but I have a sneaky suspicion they'll be available here through the Adidas stores at circa $200 for the high-end ones. Certainly won't get any friendly pricing if they're only available through Adidas shops or the major chains.
    as i was told that Adidas badminton racket will not be available in the official Adidas stores. at least not initially. i'd suggest looking for them in badminton speciality stores.

  14. #745
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willsabeefcake View Post
    You stole my place!! Goddammit I wanted to go, oh well will have to settle for two days at the all england and hopefully get a glance of V. Alexsen and his new equipment. Such a shame the All England stopped showing other brands at the event, I loved it when all the smaller brands got to promote themselves made the outside much more entertaining and busier. Good old yonex getting jealous and spoiling the party (granted there was some underhanded sales but..)

    Looking forward to pictures and reviews!
    I didn't steal your place You could have still gone, tickets were still available on the day. I think you're using me as an excuse I agree I wish the All England had small stand with loads of goods. I have only ever known it in its current Yonex dominated guise, having only started playing six years ago

    The report is slightly delayed. My ancient laptop can no longer run photoshop elements or GIMP it would appear, so the pictures will be uploaded with the report some time tomorrow. I also hope to get some of my friends significantly better images.

    I must also apologise, it has turned into a three part epic, I got a bit over-excited. As a teaser the report will contain, an overview of the event, my thoughts on the event then finally my impression of the Adidas gear I got to try and pick up and look at.

  15. #746
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,911
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    we can wait for a detailed report. really appreciate the effort and hardwork!

  16. #747
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,169
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    as i was told that Adidas badminton racket will not be available in the official Adidas stores. at least not initially. i'd suggest looking for them in badminton speciality stores.
    Hrm. That'll be interesting. Even though I live in a city of 4 million people, we only have 3 specialist badminton stores and maybe 2-3 'pro' shops. And none of those are particularly high volume or slick operations.

  17. #748
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,634
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like to know the price here in Asia

Page 44 of 110 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 94 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •