User Tag List

Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 99 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    Sorry......I can't.....lol
    Then why the hell did you suggest that you can post a link then?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mactrieuduyanh View Post
    I've registered for all 3 demo days but till now only get confirmation for Köln one week ago (3 week before Kölns demo day) and time between Köln and Paderborn ist 3 weeks) so I just guess that we will get their invite quite late.
    Anyway I live near Göttingen.
    does anyone want to organise a ride together?
    I'd say we wait and see - until the end of March. If we haven't heard from the other organizer/s by then, we can team up and see how we want to get there

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Then why the hell did you suggest that you can post a link then?
    Maybe he forgot ?

Cut him some slack :P What he's saying is true and the catalog is indeed under NDA and can't be shared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    Yup..and he seem the only one with permission
    People from the demo sessions have posted reviews too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviewing a product that is already known to the public is a different thing than releasing a whole range of product that hasn't been unveiled to the public yet.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite agree. People can just tell you that they have this and that. If we ask pics for proof, just say that it is under NDA, cannot be share.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see why someone would want to pretend to have something they don't just to not show it to anyone.

It's not like he asked money in return :P

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's the purpose of a NDA. They have a version that's either not ready for release or want to synchronize their release so they tell shop owners to wait. And sometimes people in the know get a little excited and spill that they have sth (a catalogue, racket, shoe...) but soon remember they can't share any specifics....
    Just wait and see. Afaik North America is set to release the whole range in April, which isn't too long from now, and you'll get to see if AZ was right or not

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I dont see why someone would want to pretend to have something they don't just to not show it to anyone.

It's not like he asked money in return :P
    maybe to stand out of the crowd.. But j4ckie is right. We have to wait. MBS said the stock may be come in april. cant wait to get my hand on it since we dont have any demo here

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah. cut the guys some slack. i believe he is a legit retailer and i am not surprised if he does have the catalog and price list as the launch date is near.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, lots of anticipation and hype here! But be patient, it's worth the wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont know if this interview has been posted before but i found it quite interesting; http://www.badzine.net/features/adid...and-how/23687/
    It explains there startegy, player sponsorship, product range etc. says they are aiming to become a top three in terms of global sale but have the best products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont know if this interview has been posted before but i found it quite interesting; http://www.badzine.net/features/adid...and-how/23687/
    It explains there startegy, player sponsorship, product range etc. says they are aiming to become a top three in terms of global sale but have the best products.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    People from the demo sessions have posted reviews too.
    We were told to go out and spread the word of Adidas badminton after the event had finished, so I did

Although me and my friend did check that it was OK for us to post the photos before I posted my epic review thingy.

Some sponsored players also get to see the catalogue before it is officially released so they can choose their new gear before the season starts. I saw the Victor '09 catalogue and products slightly early that way by glancing at it on my friends table.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad our season starts in September and the release is in August - no reason to send out catalogues early Although I find it a bit funny that demo days are in April already. I can't really see why the release is delayed by such a long time when their range is obviously ready. Perhaps they're staggering the releases worldwide to avoid the Nexus 4 problem (in Germany there were so many orders on release they didn't catch up with production/shipping until 2-3 months later).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Too bad our season starts in September and the release is in August - no reason to send out catalogues early Although I find it a bit funny that demo days are in April already. I can't really see why the release is delayed by such a long time when their range is obviously ready. Perhaps they're staggering the releases worldwide to avoid the Nexus 4 problem (in Germany there were so many orders on release they didn't catch up with production/shipping until 2-3 months later).
    Nexus 4 was a hot highend device with a cheap price than its competitor so demand higher than expected. Meanwhile badminton sport in germany is not so hot like football or tennis so they can not expect a high demand when their racket price tag will be on the same level like Victor.
    Furthermore NO ONE in a small club near me (they have 2 teams compete in the mid and low level liga Thüringen) knows about the entry of adidas in badminton field.
    Last edited by mactrieuduyanh; 03-22-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet Germany is a somewhat rich market (well, customers are relatively rich in comparison), and if they have the same release date for all countries they can't react quickly if some markets have a higher demand than expected. And keeping production high and wait until August with all releases would probably be harmful to their sales as the current excitement and expectancy would drop (as it happened with the Victor TK8000 - KSH used it for like half a year before the first market got it, and the initial excitement had disappeared by then).

I think they actually can expect a high demand - for a badminton company, that is. Their image as an established and high-quality brand will certainly help their cause.
    Of course it's not the same level as a smartphone, but that wasn't my point. Demand can be higher than expected even in small markets

PS: If they have only 2 teams they're very likely not competing at a high level anyway. Low level competitors are often less informed concerning new releases, as they don't invest as much time and enthusiasm as higher level players and don't have the same demands. Your typical weekend-football-player will not know much about new shoe releases either as he doesn't have much use for higher end products
    Last edited by j4ckie; 03-22-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 99 ... LastLast