User Tag List

Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 106 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    Basketball shoes for badminton?
    These shoe, besides being unusually flat, do seem like they would be decent for badminton, unlike these volleyball shoes that everyone advertises as "being good for badminton too", which is totally wrong.

Cushion seems right, weight seems right, design is ugly, height seems right. I suppose the grip is good too because you do need good gripping to the floor to play basket.

Only thing that concerns me is support. Badminton shoes are specifically made with a badminton player's movement in mind and while I don't play basketball, it seems like it has much less lateral movement. I guess it can't be bad on that level though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Yep, try a pair on. Actually don't, because if you try a pair on I guarantee you will buy them. Just like I did. . The Adifeather or whatever they're called Tennis shoes would also work very well for badminton.

Any hardcourt shoes will work for badminton. Don't limit yourself, especially if you get less than 8 months out of a pair of Yonex like I do.
    But don't hard court shoes have very different soles to indoor shoes like badminton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by easonseh View Post
    haiz, seems badminton racket manufacturing brought them lot of profit.. im afraid bout the quality, are they just selling adidas brand or really high-end racket? lot of different brand came out at the same time really mess consumer...
    The rackets are very high quality from what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    These shoe, besides being unusually flat, do seem like they would be decent for badminton, unlike these volleyball shoes that everyone advertises as "being good for badminton too", which is totally wrong.

Cushion seems right, weight seems right, design is ugly, height seems right. I suppose the grip is good too because you do need good gripping to the floor to play basket.

Only thing that concerns me is support. Badminton shoes are specifically made with a badminton player's movement in mind and while I don't play basketball, it seems like it has much less lateral movement. I guess it can't be bad on that level though.
    Yeah... I know a few people like volleyball shoes for badminton; and someone I know uses badminton shoes for volleyball, so it works both ways.

But don't hard court shoes have very different soles to indoor shoes like badminton?
    Tennis players run more, and badminton players just step in the direction; so the needs for a tennis player is very different for a badminton player. Squash shoes are also a similar story, but they also work well for badminton too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by easonseh View Post
    haiz, seems badminton racket manufacturing brought them lot of profit.. im afraid bout the quality, are they just selling adidas brand or really high-end racket? lot of different brand came out at the same time really mess consumer...
    The rackets are very high quality from what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post

Yeah... I know a few people like volleyball shoes for badminton; and someone I know uses badminton shoes for volleyball, so it works both ways.

Tennis players run more, and badminton players just step in the direction; so the needs for a tennis player is very different for a badminton player. Squash shoes are also a similar story, but they also work well for badminton too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJE View Post
    Yeap, i'm the one using badminton shoe for volleyball. Shoe still going strong somehow. Although it gets boring when picking small stones out of the shoe

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate, both tennis and basketball ARE indoor sports! Basketball as a competitive sport is played on wood floors 99% of the time.

All I can say is.....don't believe the hype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    White string ... white grip
    im with you in this....except the white grip must be from the same brand as the racket...same everything....gosh...I'm borderline OCD...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You call that borderline?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

denial. denial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun: Have you got any more reviews for us?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJE View Post
    Kwun: Have you got any more reviews for us?
    yes. i have 2 reviews that will be launch imminently. just some touch up and finish the photos is left.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth vader View Post
    im with you in this....except the white grip must be from the same brand as the racket...same everything....gosh...I'm borderline OCD...

Nonononono!

White grip, ONLY if there is some white on the racket itself. White strings go with anything, neon yellow also pretty much goes with anything, except looks better on complimentary colours, like blue, red and green.

Everything must not be the same brand or else you look like a <insert derogatory term here>.

Looking forward to review of the AdiZero Pro most of all!

(And also a reply to the important PM's I've now sent you twice, Kwun)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonononono!

White grip, ONLY if there is some white on the racket itself. White strings go with anything, neon yellow also pretty much goes with anything, except looks better on complimentary colours, like blue, red and green.
    Black grips also go with anything. But not yellow strings on a predominately yellow racket. That would look... ugly.

Everything must not be the same brand or else you look like a <insert derogatory term here>.
    But it looks a lot neater...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonononono!

Looking forward to review of the AdiZero Pro most of all!

(And also a reply to the important PM's I've now sent you twice, Kwun)
    So what is your expert advice on grip colour for the MC Donalds rackets over here then? Neon Yellow ? (this is the one I mentioned to put a white grip on. Red also an option looking at it again having recovered from the early shock , better possibly). New stencil opportunity though: Golden Arches

[ Barca vs Bayer]

Last edited by demolidor; 04-12-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A local retailer is giving me a very good price on the ArcSaber FB. It's just slightly more than what I would pay if I were in HK. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger after a demo session later this week.

I'm thinking of pairing this with either the Yonex BG-80 or BG-85 (I've been alternating between these two strings). Which colour grip and strings would match this racket? I started using towel grips recently and it's probably something I'll continue using unless there's something better that won't cause blisters! Colour suggestions for the grip would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mc donalds, haha, this racket is one of the ugliest ive ever seen, no, it IS the ugliest paint job i ever witnessed, block it before i got blisters on my eyes ... afraid the colour of strings and grip wont help in this lost case

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    A local retailer is giving me a very good price on the ArcSaber FB. It's just slightly more than what I would pay if I were in HK. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger after a demo session later this week.

I'm thinking of pairing this with either the Yonex BG-80 or BG-85 (I've been alternating between these two strings). Which colour grip and strings would match this racket? I started using towel grips recently and it's probably something I'll continue using unless there's something better that won't cause blisters! Colour suggestions for the grip would be appreciated.
    Never had problems with blisters since month 2 or so Only slightly tender skin at times - playing with towel grip, not rubber. Now I've gripped a few rackets with 'normal' grips and it's really neat, provided the overgrip is of good quality and can absorb some sweat. Switching back, towel felt very very slippery all of a sudden
    Anyhow, blisters are a sure sign something isn't right with your technique as the racket shouldn't move in your hand so much that it causes blisters. In my experience, overgrips (especially Yonex) are pretty easy on the hands, although I can't say the same the other way around (having used my Mx80 and Trinity 2 most of the time for 2 weeks, both grips have more than one spot where I'm close to touching the base grip ).

I don't know how helpful this is but I'd suggest you have someone qualified take a look at your grip and overhead swings

Having gotten my testing version of the ArcFB today, I'd say white is the best grip color. Lime green would be better, but I seriously doubt you're gonna find towel grip in that color (even overgrip should be hard to come by^^). Yellow BG80 should look nice on it.

Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 106 ... LastLast