User Tag List

Page 66 of 110 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,106 to 1,122 of 1855
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having skimmed over it during cutting, seems there's a couple decent rallies and at times you can even discern the racket used (or at least the line, going by color)....
    Cutting's done, all that's left is going to Uni after weight training tomorrow and use the insanely fast upload. No way I'm doing this from home

Short summary of the demo day here: most players got there pretty punctually, but of the 25 invited, less than 16 showed. According to the adidas guy, the weakest demo day in numbers, Koeln and Langenfeld had all 25 show up.
    As we trickled in alone or in very small groups, there was no official start, we were invited to have a couple warm-up hits with whatever racket we chose, and advised to change around frequently later to get a good idea of the whole line-up.
    After roughly 15-20 minutes of warm-up, we were called by the demo day manager, and he held a little speech, encouraging us to have a few games with each other and change rackets after.
    I had 4 or 5 games after that, and asked a couple questions in-between (and got asked how I like my adidas shoes ).
    After that, we took a couple quick pictures with everyone wearing a gifted adidas cotton shirt (pretty standard cotton shirt, nothing special but decent quality, not too heavy and breathing nicely for cotton) and got a short form where we could rate our favorite racket, having a chance to win one (not sure which) if we filled it out with name&e-mail.
    Then it was back to hitting shuttles - that's when I started filming (having asked for permission). Depending on what you still wanted or could do, that meant games or just relaxed hitting.
    Had a minor scare when one guy twisted his ankle, but it appeared to be a minor injury, not a torn ligament or worse.
    When hitting started to fade out, we quickly packed things up - all in all about 2, maybe 2.5 hours. Doesn't seem so long, but as there was no real training or serious matches, it was quite enough to get a good impression.

Personally, I would've liked to play a bit longer and also have a decent doubles match (with one of the adidas guys included, we would've had 4 guys of roughly similar abilities, I think), but you can't have it all, can you?

And because I'm mean, here's a (very small) teaser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeo View Post
    Awesome. Could you give a description for the the adipower tour feel? Curious as I'm looking into more doubles based rackets that Adidas offers?
    I would love to, but looks like my order is still under pending. I am yet to receive any confirmation on shipping. In fact, I am looking at the same stuff as yours(more of a double racket).

Here is my theory, both of them(adipower Pro and Tour) are basically made of the same material. But as for Tour, the weight is lighter than the Pro and the balance of Tour is even. Theoretically speaking, Tour will be more likely better in double if you are comparing between Pro and Tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4rvkAUxmM" target="_blank"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4rvkAUxmM

there are some more sample rackets which they didīt give us a chance to play

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mactrieuduyanh View Post
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4rvkAUxmM" target="_blank"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4rvkAUxmM

I like how you sneak a peek and the guy catches you and shoves the racket back in the bag!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackie, whatever you do, do NOT quit your day job to become a film maker.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yeah, the editing program is really not so great - if you refer to the less than fluid transitions. If you're referring to the fact that I haven't really edited any further than cutting out useless parts - that's precisely because I have absolutely no ambition in the field of film making
    Seriously, just forcing myself to cut this kinda stuff is actually a considerable effort on my part
    It was powered by my selfless desire to show you what these demo days are like, of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got my greedy hands on some adidas racquets. Had to literally go to Korea! Lol
    BTW MBS in HK will be an adidas retailer. The paperwork is signed. Check with them in a couple of weeks for stocks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    I finally got my greedy hands on some adidas racquets. Had to literally go to Korea! Lol
    BTW MBS in HK will be an adidas retailer. The paperwork is signed. Check with them in a couple of weeks for stocks.
    Is Canada going to get stock in the near future?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Is Canada going to get stock in the near future?
    Distributors haven't been found yet.

The release is planned during the summer from the last info I could get, probably mid-end summer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mactrieuduyanh View Post

Just got to love your spying job.. We need more people like CSI in world of badminton..
    Thanks for the video and come on ADIDAS, don't be selfish.. let everybody try your racket..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Distributors haven't been found yet.

The release is planned during the summer from the last info I could get, probably mid-end summer.
    I thought you said you own a store? Perhaps you should consider signing up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess where did they make their shoes?
    China
    THAILAND
    Vietnam?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vtinb5WmQ

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I thought you said you own a store? Perhaps you should consider signing up?
    To be the distributor ? I think that would involve an insane amount of money unfortunately

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    To be the distributor ? I think that would involve an insane amount of money unfortunately
    Yea. I thought Adidas was planning to target the small badminton stores first? If so, I don't think they have a lot of money to begin with...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Distributor != retailer....distributor basically buys all the stuff from the company, then sells it to retailers (if I'm not mistaken). As that involves quite a few stores that need to be stocked, it's more money than a single retailer can actually afford...

On a side note, it seems the German distributors will try to get some stuff out earlier than planned - demand was/is unexpectedly high, so they'll try and get the first items to some retailers around the end of May/start of June, broadening the range as quickly as possible and have the full planned range of items available in July/August.
    Shoes are highest in demand apparently, and will be amongst the first available items, while the rackets will probably only include some mid-range models at first. Exciting times though - a couple of weeks, and the first Germans will start running around with adidas gear!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, distributors are pretty much ambassadors for the brand in their country.

It involves doing the marketing for the whole country, finding retailers and ordering enough stuff for all the stores in the country, for the year. Usually they can only order a few times per year, and the orders need to contain huge quantities of everything to supply for the whole country.

Page 66 of 110 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast