User Tag List

Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,292 of 1855
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I thought he said the Duoforce was the most similar to the Arc10/11.
    Have you even seen the specs beforehand ? ~283mm bp (+/-3) and ~89gr. (+/-2) That is spec'd something like an NS8000 or NS9000S maybe but with a different frame profile of course ... maybe Ti-10 III as well. On the higher end of that bp range is my preference for this racket .

Be sure to measure your bp (and weight) before messing with the grip (it was strung by MBS already right?). Reading back, Kwun's was 287mm and 87gr. ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 05-11-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Yes. Shoes are available. Hmm didnt think of taking photos of the shoes. They feel fairly robust but the acid test is how well they play and how long they last for. I will have a better look at the shoes next time. Due to previous ankle injuries, I am rather careful about choice of shoes so I am not sure wether I'll go for the shoes.

My issue is that the soles on some models are black. Some gyms are very particular about black soles. Even if you argue they are non-marking, the sportshall attendants won't want to take that risk with black soles shoes.
    Should I be worried? I just bought a pair of Adidas BT Feather (still waiting for delivery) and I am pretty sure the bottom is black.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Have you even seen the specs beforehand ? ~283mm bp (+/-3) and ~89gr. (+/-2) That is spec'd something like an NS8000 or NS9000S maybe but with a different frame profile of course ... maybe Ti-10 III as well. On the higher end of that bp range is my preference for this racket .

Be sure to measure your bp (and weight) before messing with the grip (it was strung by MBS already right?). Reading back, Kwun's was 287mm and 87gr. ...
    I'm pretty sure he didn't mentioned the NS8000 or NS9000 rackets were similar to the Duoforce. No, I didn't get them to string my racket. I'm going to get someone to do it for me locally.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure they weren't on his mind when he was thinking of similar rackets - after all they're a couple years old

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Should I be worried? I just bought a pair of Adidas BT Feather (still waiting for delivery) and I am pretty sure the bottom is black.
    Where do you play? Anyway, with black soles, it will be up to you to convince people it will be OK. Like I said some gyms may have an attendant who doesn't want to take the risk. It's not going to happen every time.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure he didn't mentioned the NS8000 or NS9000 rackets were similar to the Duoforce. No, I didn't get them to string my racket. I'm going to get someone to do it for me locally.
    I don't even recall Kwun playing with these racket so that's probably why . The dry specs are pretty similar to these, ARC10 is like 295mm bp and roughly same weight ... But Kwun's is on the high end of the bp range at 287 so pretty similar to Ti-10 (I see he compared to ARC10 dry wing initially but probably more towards Ti10, and he has an anorexic ARC10PG)
    Good, so you can measure the racket in it's original state (see you still have to wait; thankfully we still have Saturday delivery )
    Last edited by demolidor; 05-11-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you play? Anyway, with black soles, it will be up to you to convince people it will be OK. Like I said some gyms may have an attendant who doesn't want to take the risk. It's not going to happen every time.
    I've never seen them check the bottom of my shoes or anyone's shoes for that matter. Odds are pretty low that the BT Feather will make a mark on the mat right?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never seen them check the bottom of my shoes or anyone's shoes for that matter. Odds are pretty low that the BT Feather will make a mark on the mat right?
    Oh I see. I don't think the shoes would mark the floor - it's a matter of convincing the sportshall attendant. If it happens to be a particularly zealous one....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I see. I don't think the shoes would mark the floor - it's a matter of convincing the sportshall attendant. If it happens to be a particularly zealous one....
    Did you happened to see the BT Feather in white with black accents? I was only able to buy the yellow with black accents. I'll be posting my impressions as soon as that pair of shoes arrive next week. lol, I feel like a little kid knowing that I have so many toys arriving next week.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did you happened to see the BT Feather in white with black accents? I was only able to buy the yellow with black accents. I'll be posting my impressions as soon as that pair of shoes arrive next week. lol, I feel like a little kid knowing that I have so many toys arriving next week.
    Only the yellow. Sorry

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe more in the future

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a time to have golfer's elbow

Aww, what the heck. Get on court!
    Name:  IMGL7070.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  139.0 KB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a time to have golfer's elbow

Aww, what the heck. Get on court!
    Name:  IMGL7070.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  139.0 KB
    So you decided to jump on the bandwagon and bought a racket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2nd review of AP Tour after restring to my normal 26lbs.....sad to say again, still couldn't really get used to it....somehow or rather, the stringbed felt bouncy in a way which I couldn't really explain....not sure izit the frame not strong enuff or the shaft being a tad too flexy....but if my MX60 is rated 3/5 for stiffness, this AP Tour felt like 2/5 for stiffness.....but at least the problem of small sweetspot and consistency is slightly solved as I can control my shots better after the restring.....but as i'm more of an offensive player, the racquet really didn't give me any confidence for my baseline smashes as it felt weak without oomph....gotta resort to wrist action to generate more power for smashes which is very tiring and timing is abit different from the way I usually smash....as mentioned, as it's an even-balanced racquet, defense is very good.....overall I would give myself 1-2 more sessions to get used to it....else it's bye bye to this racquet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    My 2nd review of AP Tour after restring to my normal 26lbs.....sad to say again, still couldn't really get used to it....somehow or rather, the stringbed felt bouncy in a way which I couldn't really explain....not sure izit the frame not strong enuff or the shaft being a tad too flexy....but if my MX60 is rated 3/5 for stiffness, this AP Tour felt like 2/5 for stiffness.....but at least the problem of small sweetspot and consistency is slightly solved as I can control my shots better after the restring.....but as i'm more of an offensive player, the racquet really didn't give me any confidence for my baseline smashes as it felt weak without oomph....gotta resort to wrist action to generate more power for smashes which is very tiring and timing is abit different from the way I usually smash....as mentioned, as it's an even-balanced racquet, defense is very good.....overall I would give myself 1-2 more sessions to get used to it....else it's bye bye to this racquet
    It sure sounds pretty disappointing. I wish you had bought the Adizero Pro and test that instead.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had a hit with both racquets.

Yellow looks rather tacky to me but it's a hit with my 8 year old - strange.

Not sure if hitting shuttles with the kids counts as a real test of the racquets. ....????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope to give more positive feedback on the duoforce this week compared to Cheung and porky's impressions (different rackets, I know)

Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast