MAYBANK Malaysia Open 2013

Discussion in 'Korea / Malaysia Open 2013' started by Darby, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Darby

Darby Regular Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Am wondering if LD would ever participate in MO again. Even the MS are from the lowest qualified ranking ie Wang Zhengming. Also, P Kasyhap could not qualify? Every year China shuns MO of their top players while Malaysia willingly participates CBSL. Not too strategically beneficial for our lower rank players to anticipate and learn from experience is it? I kind of suspect China is telling their players not to play all out to exploit and learn from imported players' strength and weaknesses.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lin dan was here 2012
    koed by JOJ and crowd
    we use our language to let him know we dislike oscar act in badminton world

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LD has all the titles except MO!

5. lspbliss

lspbliss Regular Member

I have the faintest memory that LD has yet to win Singapore Open. Or did he? :cool:

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    None of the 4 Wang(s) participating. Kind of miss Wang Xin already who is not expected to see the light of competition until at least mid year. She is the few who is capable of defeating LXR with her style of speedy and wily courtcraft play.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    really?
    how about the i drank too much cold water singapore open?
    or ina open?

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Friend, yeah,like you I really miss Wang Xin, don't know when or whether she'll be back. I agree with you, Wang Xin at her attacking best can give LXR a run for her money - their LOG semi-final was a good indication, what a treat it was.

Anyway,as Redshutttle has explained,this month CBA begins their 35-day winter training program. If not because the Korean Open is a PSS, their elite players will give it a miss too, not just the MAS Open. As AlanY has said,when MAS Open is elevated to PSS in 2014, all the CHN top players who happen to be top 10 in BWF ranking will have to make their appearance.

Btw,for this year's edition, Wang Zengming, Chen Yuekun and Gao Huan are quite good opponents for anyone except Lee CW. Unfortunately, Chen YK and Gao Huan will face off in the qualification stage.

As for the CHN WS, Wang Lin was originally entered for the tournament but I'm afraid her career may be tracut short by her unfortunate recurrent knee injury sustained at the CHN National Team C'ship recently. Anyway,there is still Sun Yu, the Macau GPG winner and last week's conqueror of WSX in the CHN National Team C'ship, and Deng Xuan who also recently overcame WSX (in HK Open) and Han Li (in Macau GPG) - both aren't exactly easy opponents for anyone in the ROW.

Funny thing is when CHN turn out in full force and win 4 or all 5 titles, some people are not happy. When they don't send most of their elite players, some are still not happy. I remember at the JPN Open, a few were delighted when CHN skipped the tournament. Haiz.

IIRC, GC the commentator once revealed ( I think it was during the Thomas/Uber Cup this year) that BWF had ever asked CBA not to send all their top players to every tournament.

For me, I hope to see Chen Long play the MAS Open; can only be good for him to learn from LCW at every opportunity. A final between Chen Long and Lee CW in front of the MAS crowd should be electrifying, with LCW under pressure to deliver and Chen Long having to deal with the partisan crowd. Anyhow, look forward to seeing Chen Long and LCW possibly crossing swords again at next week's Korea Open PSS.

9. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Now that you mentioned this, your're right on the dot. At first I thought it's probably because MO does not possessed SS status yet, but on the other hand, SO and IO are having the SS status. Hhm... so it's really pick and choose. Well I can't say it's right or wrong, but LD does have fewer or no injuries whatsoever as compared to LCW. But LCW does get 100 marks for attendance, I can tell you that. Different folks, different strokes.

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    It's just a 'pissing hard luck' for Wang Xin, an athlete who gives her all in every duel she encounters to give us a good show. Not to say the other Wangs are not dedicated, but she seems to give a 110% performance. I really hope she does not have an abrupt career end which is terribly heartbreaking to us fans. I sometimes see more of a Yang Yang style in her than LD's due to her 4 corner prongs in her game.

As for CL, I wonder if it is the CBA who instructed him not to play thereby letting the lower rank players elevate their rankings, or is it that CL sees no reason to play in a non SS tournament.

I do think that is a shame that LCW is heading towards a 9th time Malaysian Open champion dethroning Wong Peng Soon's 8 times, that Malaysian Open is not a SS event. Is it BAM's incompetency that after donkey years that MO is not a SS event? Besides, it only serves to give more reason for others to label LCW's invincible and undefeatable MO champion for so many years perhaps a 'jaguh kampung'? In the hearts of LCW fans they don't think so, but... it's still a shame that maybe when only LCW is unable to hold his flag at MO anymore, then only MO is elevated to SS? Now that is just dumb luck isn't it? Is the first prize money of MS still RM30K?

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I thought MAS Open is an SS event, just not Premier SS yet, will be next year. As we know, all the 5 PSS events are compulsory for the top 10 players subject to US$5K penalty if they don't turn up. As for the other 7 SS, 5 of them are necessary because the best 10 results are used for the SS Standing to qualify in the top 8 for the year-end grand finale SSF.

The prize money for this year's MAS Open is US$30K (not Ringgit 30K) for Men's Singles Champion. For the Victor KOR Open PSS, it's US$75K to the MS champion.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Haiseh, Msia Open is SS event lah. Ever since the SS term came about, MO is SS, 2014 will become Premier SS. If not SS, how to become PSS. The one that got 'demoted' from SS to GP Gold is Swiss Open. PSS are Korea, AE, INA, China, Denmark, until 2013.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u might as well invite ibelieveindevil to tell us more about regional and continental tournament:p

14. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    My bad, I meant to say MO has been stagnant at SS too long instead of being PSS.:D

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Who's the other PSS beside Mas beginning 2014 to 2017 ??

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

In my opinion, top guns appearing and no top players appearing are both interesting. I definitely want to see quality matches between LCW and CL or those of the like, but it's a refreshing change when no top players are there and you get players who you normally don't see on TV Court go onto the TV Court. A good example of 2 tournaments that I thoroughly enjoyed, one with the top players and one without in Denmark/France.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Msia replace Korea, the rest remain the same - AE, INA, China, Denmark.
    No more China Masters, Australia get upgraded to SS, Swiss Open I think still remain GP Gold, they didnt manage to get back the SS status. I'm not sure about other changes, you try search the thread about this topic, there is one

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It seems like people are very well interested in Taufik's achievements ;). Those who are disgracing Taufik are remembering him than anybody else;). Lol . Whether Taufik wins this title or not, he is a living legend:). Nobody can pluck his achievements from him. Its clearly visible that people will target only the tree which is full of fruits :).. He is full of fruits. Those who are jealous of his achievements and just for their self happiness and intentionally targets Taufik for nothing , will not get anything in the end . :)

19. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

taufik is a good player, is just that he is off his prime b4 30 years old.

20. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

hope other MAS MS players can prove their worth here rather than hoping for LCW to do the job.